• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City Loyalty?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
its been 2 days.....geez...u all act like they should hand u the highest rank...
No one wants to be handed anything. The first day, I had to have spent a good eight to ten hours taking prisoners, putting out fires, distributing several thousand fish steaks, picking up garbage... plumb wore my little characters (and myself) out. :)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you take a prisoner, do you have to "walk" him/her back to the Captain - or - will he take a gate with you?

And I lost my prisoner (tried recalling to Captain) and can't find him again and it won't let me use the rope for another... How the heck do I find that prisoner? Logging out didn't help....

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
yes they will gate with you! as to regaining the prisoner I am not sure he will try to walk towards were you are unless something stops him...You might try dropping the rope and getting anew one ! not sure if it will work or not

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
you can only take one at a time.

and you can gate them to the guard.

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gee, this is gonna be so exciting. I been doing it for about an hour and already had enough. Half the time they dont want food, half the time you cant arrest them, you kill the ones you are alowed to and still you loose favour.

Think i'll go back to fishing.

L

lupushor

First thing I did was kill a grey guy. Took me 11 prisoners to get back to the bright side.

My question is, can you get to max karma in all towns? And if so, would that worth anything? Or is just better to keep one city maxxed out? (ok, those were 3 questions)

Someone said One city up meant another one down. Could that happen cos he killed a bunch of red guys that actually belonged to the other town? (gain karma in 1st city and lose karma in city no2 for killing it's citizen)

Fun event, but takes a lot of time.

But at least I'm hanging in my home town, Trinsic :D yey!

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Be glad your loyality dont starts to decay....or wait...maybe this happening yer...or..damn maybe i just started something here...shhh.. dont read mythic producers!!!!

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kept track of the numbers. Only handed in prisoners (no fires etc)

Commended - 4
Respected - 20
Adored - 100

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you gain loyalty for the same town in tram and fel? Or are they set individually?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can you gain loyalty for the same town in tram and fel? Or are they set individually?

Have been doing both sides and get the message on both facets. However, when the raiders spawn in a Tram city they are not in the Fel city. That's the only difference I have found so far.

T

tuuvaak

last night i ground both facets of moonglow for about 4 hours and have not yet reached Adored, but probably close. i've probably arrested 50+ people but i did start below neutral from killing some greys. its very EverQuest Classic! ! kinda nostalgic about that in one way, and in another way i hate it. =P

im sure if the event requires grinding of this 'serious business' magnitude there will be an avalanche of complaining. i for one welcome our new rep grinding overlords!

then again i was always a very good 'grinder' and a very bad 'quester'

i prefer gaining at my own pace rather than an arbitrary laundry list of things to do and xyzs to collect and artificial timesinks like that so. to each their own!

andartshome

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
went to bed last night and was admired ,didnt do any thing and now adored , so i have concluded that either admired is low and adored is highest , i was getting the admired thing from pincos ui maybe it was a typo dont know , has any one else even seen honored and admired ?

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All these other titles like admired, I wonder if there is another system like the fame and karma system. I hit the commended, respected, adored titles but I didn't do any killing. Still fun anyway. This is also part one of a long theme

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just read this thread and it seems to me that it's about time we had a word from on high telling us the achievable titles and ranking.

I submit two reasons for this, The first is that there is nothing worse than reaching the top and just to continue grinding and grinding in ignorance of the fact that you CANNOT advance further. You could waste endless hours in a town working to reach a higher rank which doesnt exist. As far as I am concerned I would like to know when a character has reached the top and can start a different char/account in a different town. With more than one account if you intend to use all your chars the hours wasted could be much better used.

Secondly if you are working a popular city the donating/clearing/arresting you do once you have reached the top takes away those opportunities from players who actually need them.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you take a prisoner, do you have to "walk" him/her back to the Captain - or - will he take a gate with you?
I've had a couple that refused to go through the gate... I ended up having to walk them to the Captain. Most do go through though.

My question is, can you get to max karma in all towns? And if so, would that worth anything? Or is just better to keep one city maxxed out? (ok, those were 3 questions)
You can't get to max in all towns. If you have loyalty in one town and gain in another, the loyalty in the first town will drop. Eventually you'll be hated in every town.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Just read this thread and it seems to me that it's about time we had a word from on high telling us the achievable titles and ranking.
Was hoping one of the cliloc changes for that little patch yesterday was something like... You have gained all the town loyalty you can for now. Or something along those lines. Maybe they have it and we just have not hit that high yet tho *shrugs*

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was hoping one of the cliloc changes for that little patch yesterday was something like... You have gained all the town loyalty you can for now. Or something along those lines. Maybe they have it and we just have not hit that high yet tho *shrugs*
Mostly localization changes to text associated with Arenas I'm afraid.

Regarding the fame, my theory is that the Honored etc are the positive rankings for doing one town when you are already known to another; that is if you've worked other cities, you can't get to Adored for another (or it's opposing city) because you need to be pure? I've now got to Adored for Yew and Minoc on different characters, both feeding and arresting, and it does indeed go Commended > Respected > Adored.

I can also confirm that you can get to Adored with just feeding, as I flipped to that in Minoc with fishsteaks. I suspect it's considerably slower then pure arresting, but combining the two, in nice contained towns like Minoc you can go from zero to Adored in about 4 hours.

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i can confirm you dont get anything for kill crux guards,but they didnt respawn dunno maybe i wasnt supose to kill them

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Venerated comes after Adored. Just takes a looooad of prisoners. 500 or so seems right to me.

G

goldenpower

:postpics:
not that I am doubting you, just wanna see it before I develop carpal tunnel from clicking fire and trash.. dang no 2d macro havin junk :p

Ughhhhh back to the arresting......
yes, pic please. if there is another level after Adored I'm not far from it.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope people will get the benefits they need from their town because from what I've heard some people might be getting up to adored or whatever for no reason on their specific character. I think I'll stick with commended until I know for sure.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When the devs were testing this internally, did they ask themselves, "is this fun?"
I've spent a long time both on test and on my shard double clicking garbage, fires and ropes. I have yet to detect any fun.
I've yet to see raiders but from what I hear they are hp high, low loot, slayer resistant ruffians.
I know player experiences may differ, but I think the devs have to ask themselves if it is an enjoyable experience for the player rather than just a grind.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I forgot to put to the guide, but the loyalty points you get from returning an angry rioter is four times more than helping a blue protestor, so you need to help 16 blue protestors for commended, 80 for respected and so on.

Also -just a guess- the loyalty ratings *might* be calculated as *something similar to* this:

^
| Abhorred.....Villified..........Shunned.........Scorned......Denigrated
|
K Reviled........Despised...... Loathed..........Disgraced....Lauded
I
L Detested.....Disliked.........Distrusted........Honored......Exalted
L
S Disfavored...Doubted.......Esteemed.........Admired......Revered
|
| Unknown.....Commended...Respected........Adored.......Venerated

o ---------------- Help & Arrest ----------------->

Note the *italics* before your urge to post about the above table being incorrect.

I'm also sad to say that, if I had to choose between training taming and participating the event, I would probably train taming. There is absolutely no challenge to it and a game without a challenge is just plain boring. I'm quite disappointed.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And like Fame. Loyalty drops a little ones a week.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I hope people will get the benefits they need from their town because from what I've heard some people might be getting up to adored or whatever for no reason on their specific character. I think I'll stick with commended until I know for sure.
Only thing I can tell you is it took me hours and hours to get to adored. Me and a friend I trust went to TC to check it out when it hit there. We both spent hours doing nothing but arresting and cleaning. I never gave to the protesters and she did. She did reach adored before I did. Once it went live on Atlantic it also took hours and hours of arresting, cleaning, giving and killing some raiders to reach Adored. Don't know how folks were able to snag it without work.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far my mage is adored in Trinsic and my miner adored in Minoc and my warrior venerated in New Magincia.

But its mind-numbing work. I'm at 637 arrests in new magincia now, and while you'd think it'd go fast due to the small spawn area of new magincia, this isn't the case. Eventually the rioters just stop spawning. I get less 1 arrest per minute on average due to the spawn limitations (always around 50 arrests per rope which lasts 60 minutes), faster than that it won't go. So just pick the town you like most, it doesn't matter much in the end.

So mmm,

4 for commended
20 for respected
100 for adored
500 for venerated
2500? for ????

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Eventually the rioters just stop spawning.

4 for commended
20 for respected
100 for adored
500 for venerated
2500? for ????

??? = Insanity :D

Think I have noticed a pattern on the protesters and rioters. Have ran into a city that had absolutely no rioters, but had lots of protesters a few different times. I think when one of the bad folks spawn they have a chance of being either. When you don't have any rioters, feed or give gold to the angry protesters. They change back into normal folks again after that, and spawn somewhere else, with the chance of being either of them again. That seems to be how it works. It could just be coincidence tho... don't seem like it tho.

L

lupushor

So far my mage is adored in Trinsic and my miner adored in Minoc and my warrior venerated in New Magincia.

But its mind-numbing work. I'm at 637 arrests in new magincia now, and while you'd think it'd go fast due to the small spawn area of new magincia, this isn't the case. Eventually the rioters just stop spawning. I get less 1 arrest per minute on average due to the spawn limitations (always around 50 arrests per rope which lasts 60 minutes), faster than that it won't go. So just pick the town you like most, it doesn't matter much in the end.

So mmm,

4 for commended
20 for respected
100 for adored
500 for venerated
2500? for ????

...for "GOD" :)

can't think of anything left but "worshipped".

L

lupushor

Think I have noticed a pattern on the protesters and rioters. Have ran into a city that had absolutely no rioters, but had lots of protesters a few different times. I think when one of the bad folks spawn they have a chance of being either. When you don't have any rioters, feed or give gold to the angry protesters. They change back into normal folks again after that, and spawn somewhere else, with the chance of being either of them again. That seems to be how it works. It could just be coincidence tho... don't seem like it tho.
I never saw more than 3 rioters in any town so far. If they were 4, meant I turned-in one and another spawned in it's place. In Trinsic 2 grey rioters spawned inside walls, out of reach, that killed spawning almost entirely. I had to sit outside the wall and just extinguish fires. I heard though that GMs will come in a heartbeat and solve these kind of problems.
I do not know if too many blue ones would stop grey from spawning. That is an interesting thought.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never saw more than 3 rioters in any town so far. If they were 4, meant I turned-in one and another spawned in it's place. In Trinsic 2 grey rioters spawned inside walls, out of reach, that killed spawning almost entirely. I had to sit outside the wall and just extinguish fires. I heard though that GMs will come in a heartbeat and solve these kind of problems.
I do not know if too many blue ones would stop grey from spawning. That is an interesting thought.
So far I havent seen a direct relation between protestors and rioters. If I hand in too many rioters, then the protestors usually disappear over time too.

There are indeed no more than 3 rioters per town.

I had issues too with rioters spawning in unreachable places. When I was doing Minoc, two rioters ended up on the roof of the barracks thingie. Killed the spawn to such a degree that further arresting wasn't worth it, GM didn't show up. Same with Trinsic, rioters in the walls. GMs didn't show up there either, not even after 5 hours of being in the list (I did get emails with thanks-for-the-bugreport).

But yesterday one spawned in the fountain of new magincia, and a GM moved him in less than 10 min. Maybe they're now aware of the problem and have permission to move these NPCs.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have never really seen more than 2 rioters per town. So far I am Adored in Britain, Jhelom, Minoc, and Moonglow. (Yes all on different characters).

I found Minoc and Moonglow to be not so bad... however I've never seen more than 2 rioters and I didn't have a whole lot of competition like I did in Britain. Britain was such a very large area and had a very poor spawn rate. I wish they had taken the area into account when they created the spawn... that and the number of folk working it. Took nearly 3 days of work for Britain but the others were just a few hours to reach Adored. Not sure I'll get much more than that per town but figure that's a good start.

Skara Brae seems to breed firestarters... It just seems the rioters there REALLY know how to start fires. The rioters there often have massive bonfires going... and I noticed often spawn in 2's. Meaning where there is one the other is typically not far off... though how far can you really get on that island?

Anyway back to work I got about 5 more towns to work up...

As far as GM's helping I did page a GM a couple of times in Jhelom as some of the rioters were spawning in area's of the dueling pit that could not be reached. GM arrived in short order and fixed that right up for me.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with the increased spawn for large cities, and the fact that the spawn should scale based on the amount of active players. Right now its not hard for one player with gate travel and marked recall spots to suck a whole city dry of rioters.

Suggestion:

Base Rioter Spawn should be more like:
New Magincia, Minoc - 3 rioters
Skara, Moonglow, Jhelom, Vesper - 4 rioters
Yew, Trinsic, Britain - 5 rioters

In addition, the system should track the playerID of players that have handed in rioters.
Each time an unique player hands in a rioter, a timestamp is set (or refreshed, if this player has already handed in a rioter).

Each time a rioter spawns, the system will consult the list of players.

Players whose timestamp dates older than 15 minutes are removed from the list.

Spawn time until the next rioter is set to: (basespawnduration * 0.8 ^ (players - 1))
(meaning for each additional player, the spawn goes 20% faster)

Max spawn amount is set to (basespawnamount + players - 1)
(So for each active player beyond the first, one more raider spawns, although its -1 if there are no active players)

Tweak as needed.

Scalable spawn ftw.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only thing I can tell you is it took me hours and hours to get to adored. Me and a friend I trust went to TC to check it out when it hit there. We both spent hours doing nothing but arresting and cleaning. I never gave to the protesters and she did. She did reach adored before I did. Once it went live on Atlantic it also took hours and hours of arresting, cleaning, giving and killing some raiders to reach Adored. Don't know how folks were able to snag it without work.
I'm just concerned people will protect their favorite town only to find out they have to do it all over again because the benefits from that town don't apply to their specific character.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Something needs done about Trinsic as it is right now they are both inside the walls on GL's and can't be reached. OK just to irritate the heck out of me I wait about an hour and the stupid GM moves 1 of the 2 rioters.... things go good but I warned the guy you need to move all the BLUE NPC's from inside the walls there are 3 others... nothing gets done... well sure enough now we are back to having 2 rioters stuck in the freaking walls and 2 other NPC's in the wall so even if they finally move the rioters we will just be right back to square one in no time flat. They shouldn't do crap like this in Trinsic or Serpents Hold unless they are going to FIX these issues with crap spawning inside the freaking walls where they can't be reached without paging a freaking GM and waiting 6 hours!!!!!! This is the reason people get ticked off at this game and say bad stuff about the DEV's.... it's stuff like this that has been a known issue since DAY FREAKING ONE.... that never get fixed never get addressed and nothing is done with yet they continue to do stuff like this that totally peeves off the players and make them HATE EVENTS!!!!

And you wonder why people get irritated?????!?!?!?!! HELLO! DO SOMETHING about these old issues! Especially BEFORE You do another event in a town with known issues!!!!!!!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm now Adored in Yew, Minoc, Moonglow and Skara Brae. I can confirm the following;

* There are only ever 2 "free" Rioters at any time. The trigger for a new one is arresting one; I can confirm that one as I got very lucky and saw that as soon as I used the rope on one, another spawned in the same room behind me. I don't believe now that it's possible to grief the event by sitting on an arrested Rioter then.

* If you can't see any, they will still have spawned somewhere; but some of the cities have rather a strange definition of spawn locations. For Yew, it includes all the way down south to the last farming hut, inside Empath Abbey, and also the cells of Yew Prison, including in the walls. You need to approach from outside to get at those, as the cell doors are now locked. For Moonglow, they can appear in any of the NPC farms on the entire island, as well as the Lyceum and the woods immediately around the city.

* My hope is that if there is Venerated, it's the final level of reputation across the entire arc, and that we're trying to rush to the end before 7 more months of content. Because the idea of having to grind even one character to Venerated now, on rioters alone, especially in Yew is appalling. I don't mind coming back and polishing off to the final level with other services to the realm, but that would be way too much. And I wish the Devs would stop adding ulta-hit point, ultra-grindy, OCD-encouraging loot and quests and arcs; Ultima Online is a Sandbox, not a Diablo/World of Warcraft game, which is why I still play it and neither of those two anymore.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I can confirm the following;

* There are only ever 2 "free" Rioters at any time. The trigger for a new one is arresting one; I can confirm that one as I got very lucky and saw that as soon as I used the rope on one, another spawned in the same room behind me. I don't believe now that it's possible to grief the event by sitting on an arrested Rioter then.
Sorry, but incorrect there. Three free rioters in Vesper right now.

Attachments

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm fairly sure it's just 2. What are the chances that all 3 of those were still there after you took the screeny?

I mean someone could have arrested one and another spawned right away. Personally I've only ever seen 2 at a time.

I've finally finished working Trinsic up to Adored and I'll say this... What a PITA!!!!!!

I had to page no less than 8 times to get NPC's moved... 2 of those times it took well over an hour to get a GM... I also told them they need to check the town and move the 4 or 5 blue NPC's out of the wall before they spawned as rioters to save us the trouble of having to page again... that took me 4 pages to get them to do that... though I can't be certain they actually did it or if one of the other 3 people working Trinsic had to page post the turn to rioter...

L

lupushor

Yup, I can confirm that. I was alone in Trinsic, ran everywhere, spotted 3 rioters along, then I arrested all 3 of them (verified their names).

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm fairly sure it's just 2. What are the chances that all 3 of those were still there after you took the screeny?

I mean someone could have arrested one and another spawned right away. Personally I've only ever seen 2 at a time.

Pretty high as they are all still there and only about 2 screens between them all. Atlantic Vesper Fel if ya wanna see it for yourself. One at the Tanner Shop, the other two just across the bridge to the mainland. One inside the inn and the other outside the inn.

Wouldn't tell someone else there were incorrect unless 100% sure man. :)

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty high as they are all still there and only about 2 screens between them all. Atlantic Vesper Fel if ya wanna see it for yourself. One at the Tanner Shop, the other two just across the bridge to the mainland. One inside the inn and the other outside the inn.

Wouldn't tell someone else there were incorrect unless 100% sure man. :)
There is an alternative to anyone being wrong; there could be either a hidden City limit, or algorithm regarding number of players/number of active arresting ropes that are spawning more than 2. All I can say is that in my experience of about 15 hours in Yew, Minoc, Moonglow and Skara, I've never seen more than 2 active, and the consensus seems to be that they simply aren't very common... but with so few people bothering, that may be one reason why, there's rarely enough interest to spawn more?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The rioters seem very common in Magincia... it's been very busy there.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
\All I can say is that in my experience of about 15 hours in Yew, Minoc, Moonglow and Skara, I've never seen more than 2 active, and the consensus seems to be that they simply aren't very common... but with so few people bothering, that may be one reason why

Glad you have developed a consensus after 15 whole hours into it. To me a consensus is an opinion reached by a group as a whole, not the case here, sorry but one persons opinion does not make a consensus. Having more than two active rioters is MORE than common, I see more than two all the time. I have not only seen that in over 20 hours on TC but also in my 40+ hours since it went live on prod shards. I merely did not want to get into yet another he said - he/she said deal on Stratics again without pictures to document my side WELL. The example I posted above was from the first city I happened to run across that had more than 2 in VERY close proximity, there was a fourth there as well, but was nowhere near close to the other 3. Not having at least three in very close proximity opens the door to the type of arguement Malag presented after I made the original post. Which I was trying to avoid having to contend with.

Also, for the rope per rioter, or rioter per person arresting therory, to me it is flawed also. I did not have a Vesper rope, there were also no people running around tram side Vesper as I ran around there looking for more than two close together there prior to going to fel. While there were more than two Tram side they were not in close proximity.

Not sure what shard you play, but folks seem to be pretty active into the content on Atlantic so far *shrugs. Either way, enjoy the fun.

*edit*

After posting the above I set out for Brit to do some arresting and ran across the pic below. More than two not common or common? You make the call....

Attachments

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
* If you can't see any, they will still have spawned somewhere; but some of the cities have rather a strange definition of spawn locations.

While I am thinking about it, this too is incorrect. There are times to where there are no rioters to be found nowhere. Jhelom is a prime example of where this is easily observed on occasion. I have witnessed on more than a few occasions there being no rioters anywhere in and around Jhelom {yes, this includes the areas you have to "travel" too}, only angry protestors. I feed or drop gold onto them until they are satisfied. After making them happy and them turning into normal citizens again, rioters would then appear in areas previously checked for rioters.