• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

City Loyalty?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so

i played on Origin some, couldnt figure out how to plege myself to my town.

now this is on my home shard, i thought id spend the afternoon helping out my town (on my birthday i might add!)

so i went around, found the guard captain for my town.
listened to what he had to say.

pick up the garbage, put out the fires.
arrest the protesters.

ok.

so i went out.
found a blue NPC that was a angry protester.
i listened to him.
he said he couldnt afford food.
i have him some food.

it said i had gained some town loyalty.
i gave him money.
again i gained town loyalty.
i gave him more money, gained more loyalty, then it capped out.
the NPC turned back to normal
(lost the protester tag)

so i ran around.
went back, got a rope to tie up some grey protesters if i find any.
couldnt find any.

went to brit to show my wife who came in what the grey ones looked like, found one with fire right off the bat.

instead of arresting, i just plain killed him.
got a message that my actions would censure me against that city.

checked my loyalty.

so thats ok, its not my town of choice.

but how the heck to i pledge my alliance to my town???

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
you pledge yourself by your actions! only aid them in ONE TOWN it takes a while to see results here are some tips feed them stacks of fish steaks! If they have not been fed they will take up to 25 to be sated, put out all fires, rope the guy and take him in! also they will take gold! 1k I think it is at a time or a combination of food/gold

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
you pledge yourself by your actions! only aid them in ONE TOWN it takes a while to see results here are some tips feed them stacks of fish steaks! If they have not been fed they will take up to 25 to be sated, put out all fires, rope the guy and take him in! also they will take gold! 1k I think it is at a time or a combination of food/gold
Works like a charm. Fish steaks is the way to go. Put out the fires, pick up the garbage, arrest and turn in the gray rioters, and you'll be "adored" in no time. :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they have not been fed they will take up to 25 to be sated

Question.
Can I just drop a stack of 25 steaks and be done with it or do I actually need to feed them 1 by 1 for 25 times ?

If the latter is the case, well, this is going to be VERY time consuming........

also they will take gold! 1k I think it is at a time or a combination of food/gold
Again, just drop a stack of 1k gold or one need to give them a few gps at a time multiple times ?

G

goldenpower

Question.
Can I just drop a stack of 25 steaks and be done with it or do I actually need to feed them 1 by 1 for 25 times ?
even better, you just carry a stack of 1000 and drop the whole stack on them, they will take 25 and give you the rest back

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Question.

If the latter is the case, well, this is going to be VERY time consuming........

Again, just drop a stack of 1k gold or one need to give them a few gps at a time multiple times ?
I start with a stack of one thousand fish steaks. When you drop them on the protesters, they only take what they need. Rinse, repeat... easy. :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
with gold and or food they will give you change ;-)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i killed one grey protestor and i drop all the way down to disfav ?

thats what the guards tell you to do, kill them or capture.

youd think that would be a good thing, killing them.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
so i killed one grey protestor and i drop all the way down to disfav ?

thats what the guards tell you to do, kill them or capture.

youd think that would be a good thing, killing them.
Nooooo! You arrest the rioters and turn them in. It's the raiders you can kill.

G

goldenpower

OK Respected is below Adored. what I said up above is wrong

so far I got

1. commended
2. respected
3. adored

andartshome

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my level is honored thats not on stratics or list above is that the lowest good level or a high level loyalty

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok

so ive been wondering around doing this and ive been checking after each thing i do.

i fed and gave gold to 6 guys to cap.

put out 2 fires.

arrested 2 guys

picked up one assorted pile of garbage.

finally got my first rank.

Commendable.

i think they need to bump up the rate in yew, cause you have to run around a MASSSSSSSSSSSSSSIVE area in yew

EDIT - just made it up to Respected
put out about 7 fires and garbage piles and arrested 7 dudes.
payed around 5 people food and money.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think they need to bump up the rate in yew, cause you have to run around a MASSSSSSSSSSSSSSIVE area in yew
Mark runes, use tracking.. cant believe you are asking for an easier game 12-14 hours after the publish.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Mark runes, use tracking.. cant believe you are asking for an easier game 12-14 hours after the publish.
how exactly would tracking help you in this situation?

you can see names further then tracking goes.

im not asking for easier.
im asking for higher pay for people that have to run further.

the town of cove would fit in the sheep pen in yew.
you could probably do the entire invasion from the bank in cove (if it was in on this)

and in yew ya have to run a bazillion miles to even see a toon.

i complain because yew is my town and i want to help it.
but i have a guild mate who is doing this the same as me and he is almost capped allready and we are talking in TS.
he is finding stuff 10 :1 that i am because i have to run half way around the map to cover all of yew.

where he has to run a grid of 4 streets in brit.

an easy fix would be to put the event in a are in yew the size of the other towns.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
You chose Yew, so deal with it.

I don't mean to come off as harsh, my tamer chose Yew...it's not THAT hard...same as Brit...Trinsic...Vesper...just because Yew is more open doesn't mean it's bigger...just less buildings.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've been at this on and off all afternoon and evening. Hit "adored" a long time ago and haven't seen anything beyond that yet. Is that as high as you can go?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are there any discovered advantages/disadvantages to becoming loyal to a particular town?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Are there any discovered advantages/disadvantages to becoming loyal to a particular town?
I don't think anyone knows yet. I imagine there should be some form of reward down the line.

G

goldenpower

I've been at this on and off all afternoon and evening. Hit "adored" a long time ago and haven't seen anything beyond that yet. Is that as high as you can go?
I am still at Adored as well

I'm guessing Honored is the next level?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I picked Skara and went from Unknown to Commended within a couple of arrests, then it took about 10-15 arrests to get from Commended to Respected, and now I've been at it for two ropes and still haven't moved past Respected. Been arresting, picking up garbage, and dousing fires. Has Skara always had a Lantern Post in front of the Falconer's inn? When I first started, I didn't see one, and then the post appeared, and now there is a banner on the post. Didn't know if that had anything to do with this event.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're still discovering the various levels. I got to 'esteemed' through killing a rioter that was out of reach. At the time I was 'commended', I went back to 'doubted' then through 'distrusted' and then 'esteemed' before eventually making it to 'respected'.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has Skara always had a Lantern Post in front of the Falconer's inn? When I first started, I didn't see one, and then the post appeared, and now there is a banner on the post. Didn't know if that had anything to do with this event.

I have noticed this banner in all the cities with the riots, they might be used as rally points later on in the arc or will change depending on what side has the upper hand, at the moment everything is speculation, we just have to be patient and wait and see.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it just me? None of this sounds fun or entertaining in the least.

G

goldenpower

Is it just me? None of this sounds fun or entertaining in the least.
this is part 1 of the event. I'm sure there will be some sort of benefit to Town Loyalty in a future Publish

C

Carharrt

On Siege I`ve arrested 2 rioters,fed prolly 20 angry protesters until their full and put out countless fires and picked up a buncha garbage in Trinsic and Moonglow and have yet to see a change in my loyalty.

Still unknown. :sad2:

G

goldenpower

when you do trinsic, it makes glow go down, when you do glow, it makes trinsic go down

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Siege I`ve arrested 2 rioters,fed prolly 20 angry protesters until their full and put out countless fires and picked up a buncha garbage in Trinsic and Moonglow and have yet to see a change in my loyalty.

Still unknown. :sad2:
You have to pick one town and stick with that one town.

T

Ta_Mira

Turn your circle of transparency on to see the chest in Jhelom.

andartshome

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure because i didnt know how to check till well into it first i noticed on my character was honerd that was after about 7 hours solit now admired after about annother 5 hours

G

goldenpower

not sure because i didnt know how to check till well into it first i noticed on my character was honerd that was after about 7 hours solit now admired after about annother 5 hours
how many fish steaks have you used?

andartshome

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i pay them iv used over 500k i put out evry fire i see and pick up all garbage and im the only one working this town and there is a constant surply of rioters

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been at it for awhile after getting "Adored" and it still hasn't progressed. Has a second person advanced beyond Adored thus far?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I've been at it for awhile after getting "Adored" and it still hasn't progressed. Has a second person advanced beyond Adored thus far?
I'd like to know, too. This was fun at first, but sheesh... it's starting to feel like a grind. If there are two other levels above "adored", I expect it's going to take a long time, or require playing darn near 24/7 to reach the top.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have been Adored in New Mag since day one. I can spend a good hour there just feeding protestors fish steaks and arresting rioters and putting out fires and picking up garbage and haven't gotten past Adored.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure that when I did this on TC, I was Admired before I was Adored...

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its been 2 days.....geez...u all act like they should hand u the highest rank...
Actually, I was just trying to help sort out the order. I don't expect to be handed anything, nor do I want to. I'd rather work for it.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same as Larisa, been at New Magincia since day one, have not gained past adored, think it is safe to say adored is highest, at least for this part. I virtually have New Magincia to myself when I am there, feeding the masses and playing garbage collector and fireman.

Also wish they would hurry up and spawn the raiders, my pup's feeling neglected and my axes are sharp waiting for some fool raider's neck