• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone interested in a stealing competition?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... 2 or 3 of my accounts are still active and I haven't touched them since January. I think it's time to shut them down. But before I do, I'd like to give away lots of my stuff. And what better way than to have a competition?

I remember when I first left Napa Valley for Siege Perilous, lots of people were asking me for my Dyable Aos Sandals labeled, "Chad Sexington Roxxors the Age of Shadows." If people are still interested in it, I think this is going to be the first prize. And if enough people are interested in this, I'll keep it going and give away more and more stuff.

The competition will be similar to this forum's "Theft of the Month" competition. Make a steal and make sure you take before and after pictures of the steal. If you have even more screenshots, even better. The more details, the better. This competition is equally about the steal and the story behind it. Once you get it all together, post the screenshots and the story either here on Stratics or on my forums. The winner will be judged by me... but if it's close, I'll put a poll up.

I also have a handful of item blessed items and things like that to give away.

All winning and losing stories will be posted on www.uothief.com for others to look on in awe until the end of time.

Anyone interested?

>.<

edit: My prodo Chad is currently on the Atlantic shard, so you'll have to pick up the items there.

S

Shinobi

Wait, so are you quitting entirely, or just closing some unused accounts?

I think I've asked you about it in the past, but what happened with the THIEF guildstone? If you have it, I'd like to put it in the Hall of Thieves next to your statue, alongside P0O and GOR's stones.

Regardless, if you are planning on quitting, be 100% sure before you hand away your personal items.

...those sandals could quickly replace my Bonnie N Clyde's though, haha.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I quit 8 months ago, EA's just been charging my credit card since then.

And yeah, you asked me about the stone a long time ago, but the guild was only founded in January '06 and they got rid of the stones by then. :(

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I would like to attempt to be the owner of Chad Sexingtons used footwear....

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chad, if you want to give me your stuff, I'll put it to good use.

H

Hurley

I have a fully trained thief that you inspired me to create and which smurfy has reinspired me to finally use. I'm in.

Hurley/Beta , Last of the Loot Crusaders

S

Shinobi

Might wanna put this on hold. Not sure when you planned to officially start it, but considering that there are many people with screwed up accounts at the moment, coupled with the usual lack of participation in the Thief of the Month recently, it may be best to wait for the account issues to be fixed (if they ever will be).

I personally have my account shut down due to them accidentally erasing my credit card info during the migration, and they aren't going to get the new info in that crapped out system anytime soon. After reading RedRum's post in UHall, i'm not touching this account migration with a 5000 foot pole.

I would, however, like to possibly participate in the competition. So, if you can hold off a while, i (and i'm sure a few others) would appreciate it.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alrighty.

I actually haven't even tried to log into my account since the account shinannigans began. I was going to start it today (1st of the month) but no big deal. I want to unload this stuff fast, so I'm probably going to make it a weekly competition and if there's only 1 steal posted in a week for something at a bank? Oh, well, they win.

I also figure that I'll log into my account of of these days and post everything in a list. Whoever wins picks something off that list. (Not everyone will want AoS sandals.) I'll make an official thread later with the complete list.

Other items I'm thinking about is my Personal Bless Deed where you would have to trust me with an item so I could bless it then I'd just hand it back. (not scamming, promise, \0/)

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's hardly a thief competition without Hoodwink! Count me in Chad. And shinobi, damn you, I better get a marble statue soon!

S

Shinobi

Btw, my account is up and running again. Ready to start when you are Chad.

Shqiptar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Count me in... any idea when this will start and end? I need to find an efficient way to take before/after pics... print screening and pasting in paint takes too much time.

S

Shinobi

Jeez, thanks a lot Chad. This is the first i've tried out your little screenshot utility, and guess what? I am now at over 500 pics for this ONE story i'm working on. I'm gonna have a hell of a time deciding which to use...ugh.

Fabolous1

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do we have to do to be eligible for rewards? I made a great theft today, and have about 6 screenshots to prove it. Do I post it in the public forums on your site? Is it going to worth compromising the theft?

EDIT: Also I got a +20 stealth cloak from Hoodwink and sold it to his friend for 35.1m :D so I'm superior to him.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do we have to do to be eligible for rewards? I made a great theft today, and have about 6 screenshots to prove it. Do I post it in the public forums on your site? Is it going to worth compromising the theft?

EDIT: Also I got a +20 stealth cloak from Hoodwink and sold it to his friend for 35.1m :D so I'm superior to him.
You robbed a thief?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Post it here, post it on UO Forums, post in on my forums, pm me here, pm me on UO Forums, or pm me on my forums... either way, it doesn't matter, as long as it gets to me eventually.

They count if they're put up on the main site, so it doesn't matter how it gets to me.

(Winners are going to be put up on this page.)

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In response to fabolous's thread, I'd like to add a few things. I AM HOODWINK. Secondly, the THIEF he STOLE the CLOAK from, was named HOODLUM. I happened to be there and watch this go down. The odd part about everything was, Hoodlum was having a smoke. The cloak was blessed mind you. It appeared SEVEN tiles, away from him *we counted, as we are both members of shinobi's guild, hoodlum and I*. Where Fabolous was CONVIENIENTLY hiding. I have nothing more to say on the matter but I can say that "FABOLOUS" was immediately kicked from his guild, and is blacklisted as far as we are concerned. This is all. Story up tommorrow Chad.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In response to fabolous's thread, I'd like to add a few things. I AM HOODWINK. Secondly, the THIEF he STOLE the CLOAK from, was named HOODLUM. I happened to be there and watch this go down. The odd part about everything was, Hoodlum was having a smoke. The cloak was blessed mind you. It appeared SEVEN tiles, away from him *we counted, as we are both members of shinobi's guild, hoodlum and I*. Where Fabolous was CONVIENIENTLY hiding. I have nothing more to say on the matter but I can say that "FABOLOUS" was immediately kicked from his guild, and is blacklisted as far as we are concerned. This is all. Story up tommorrow Chad.
If I'm not mistaken, Chad's contest requires the stealing skill. Am I correct in that assumption?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still going to post it? About 18 hours left until the first week is over.

Yenji Yasagari

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chad I had the most epic story ever happen today with no screenshots to prove it, just the loot and the word of other thieves and assassins involved ^^. In any case, life has been hectic and I've had no real time to compile something, so consider this first week with me not entering. The real thief story is in my heart, and when it matters, I care more about the loot than the screenshot ^^. I'll attempt to throw my best together for the next week. Just know I would have liked to enter, just no screenshots ^^.