• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My newest Sampire

G

Goat Blood

Hi Guys,

Got a quick question about which weapons for Swords, as I am trying to figure out what I need.

Use a Radiant Scimitar for lots of mobs as this gives you Wirlwind.
Use a Broadsword for one-on-one as this gives Armour Ignore.

Am I goig int he correct direction with these weapons ??

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Guys,

Got a quick question about which weapons for Swords, as I am trying to figure out what I need.

Yep, good choices.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Guys,

Broadsword or longsword, depending on your suit, stamina, and SSI capabilities.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Don't forget the double axe as another swordsmanship weapon with whirlwind. It hits harder than the radiant scimitar, but you have to look at your SSI, Stamina, and weapon base speed to ensure you are swinging at max. The benefit of the radiant scimitar is you can often swing easily at max swing speed with 5 SSI on your suit and none on the weapon. This opens up the weapon for another mod.

G

Goat Blood

Hi Guys,

Am I goig in the correct direction with these weapons ??
Thnx for the responses guys, now I have a question about the suit.

Looking at the suit in the thread, I see HCI and DI.
Does this mean you did the following:
1: Craft item looking for certain resists
2: PoF item
3: Imbue Item
4: Then enhance with Heartwood hoping for either HCI, DCI or DI ??

I can see this being a rather expensive, unless I am super lucky with the rng generator.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's exactly it, and it can get extremely expensive.

I always craft-enhance-PoF-imbue, which is a lot cheaper, but you lose resist points. It serves it's purpose though.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just made a new suit for my main sampy which managed to fit in the SSI legs with 40 LMC. Sadly without the 120 anat(I roll resist) I cannot spam AI for greater than 10 in a row if honored on say a Riktor....annoying.

I think I am at 149 HP, 182 stm, 122 mana after chugging.

Anyways, I'd say the best thing to do is bust out a excel spreadsheet and make sure that if you are going to:
1, make wood armor
2, pof
3, imbue
4, break most of the stuff and those that do work arn't what you are looking for

Then make sure that the pieces you do bother with enhancing will actually work into your suit. Nothing is more annoying than lucking out with a HCI piece and then finding out it's resist mods are not what you need. Also using excel will allow you to avoid adding mods that are not going to add to the suit like greater than 25 HPI, etc.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just made a new suit for my main sampy which managed to fit in the SSI legs with 40 LMC. Sadly without the 120 anat(I roll resist) I cannot spam AI for greater than 10 in a row if honored on say a Riktor....annoying.

I'd be interested in seeing this suit :)

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Off the top of my head I know it is using Faction M&S glasses and crimmy. I have a HCI mana phasing orb, the legs. All the rest are imbued and enhanced wood pieces. The jewels are 50 EP, hci/dci and stat increase. I have +4 int boots and run the hpi/int robe. I'll try and post a better review when I get home.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I got home and it looks like this:

Gorget
8 Stam
8 Mana
HCI 5
7LMC

Chest
HPI 5
8 Stam
8 Mana
HCI 5
7LMC

Arms
8 Stam
8 Mana
7 LMC
10 DI

Gloves
5 HPI
8 Stam
8 Mana
HCI 5

Ring
10/15
50 EP
6 LMC
3 Fire(cause I just had the room)

Brac
8 Str
8 Dex
15/15
10 DI

Corgul sash, HCI/LMC/DI Orb, Tinker legs, SSI cloak, Faction glasses and Crimmy plus 4 int boots. Converted the char to a elf also. After chugging its:148, 182, 123. I only have 23 HPI total but its more than enough. I only chug when fourth level hits at a spawn and more often than not only when I am fighting a champ.

Total resist after vamp are 70-70-63-70-67, good enough.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I usually craft base pieces with Heartwood and keep all of the ones with 10 DI and 5 HCI. Then I POF the best ones and add 4 imbues. You certainly can make slightly better pieces with enhancing with heartwood, but IMO that is for players with gold to burn. I'm not one of those players.

I usually get my 45 HCI on my sampire and mystic dexxer like this:
- 15 Ring
- 15 Bracelet
- 10 Conjurer's Trinket
- 5 Heartwood Gorget

If you only use 1 heartwood piece in your suit, the difference between the enhancing and using a heartwood crafted piece is only one imbue. At least that is my experience.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotcha. I'm working on a mace fighting Wammy right now for spawning. I've got him setup with 10 SSI on the suit (Turquoise Ring & Augmentation Cloak). So with the Forged Metal Tool, I am enhancing all of my blackstaffs with Ash (gets me to next swing speed tier at 20 SSI). Makes for some pretty sweet 6 mod staffs. I'm using War Axes with 25 SSI for the AI weapon to battle the champs.

-OBSIDIAN-
seriously save your tool!!! enhanceing weapons with ash that have no ssi on them allready will enhance 80% roughly i rarely fail an enhance with ash on my black staffs now and then i loose one but oh darn weapons are cheap to imbue.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are your pre-pot stats, Lynk?
i'm in the process of moving right now so can't log in to check.. but i want to say it is 120 str and 120 dex before pots, but after items equipped.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh ok. Seems about right. Thanks.

I may end up copying this if I ever get the willpower to do another heartwood suit if that's okay with you.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want that leafblade....
I looted that leafblade off of a sampire that I raided doing Destard on Great Lakes. Was better than any scrolls or replicas I've ever gotten from Rikki.

I've updated the first post to reflect changes, but haven't had time to take screenshots of the new stats/longswords/skill list. Will do that this week sometime when my internet gets set up at the new place.

B

Bort of Atlantic

Is it worth it to burn a few DC runic hammers to try to get 100% elemental damage weapons for either the spawn weapon or boss weapon? I'm thinking about doing that for my boss/single-target slayer so consecrate weapon isn't needed at all.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it worth it to burn a few DC runic hammers to try to get 100% elemental damage weapons for either the spawn weapon or boss weapon? I'm thinking about doing that for my boss/single-target slayer so consecrate weapon isn't needed at all.
Elemental weapon is not 100% necessary.
But if elemental weapon is used, spawn and boss ends easy and fast.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And there is a risk of losing the piece when enhancing, yes? There's a tool or something that gives 100% chance to enhance, is there not?

HCI is a random property of heartwood, as is DI....that's alot of RNG reliance for those pieces, it would seem. Am I missing something?

Feint you can use, but evasion you can not use with UBWS.
feint is useful for some bosses and occasions "you can even fight harrower with it" the leablade he've gotten is a nearly perfect blade (actually perfect to me), because usually sampire are swordsman due to able to use radiant scimitar for whirlwinds and evasion, so the UBWS is really needed as a swordsman.

actually, evasion is good when you fight a punch of magic monsters (such as lvl 2 to 3 of undead spawns, new demon spawns, new undead spawns, etc..) while you do whirlwind so you dont get to eat 10000000 spells all at once without even have the chance to swing and leech.

HCI and DI is not too hard to craft on heartwood pieces. The resources needed also arent as much needed as you would otherwise think.

I have a different template as follow for my sampires, but will try and substitue resist for anatomy in future for testing AIs mana leech advantages... currently, sometimes i could go upwards to about 10 to 12 armor ignores in one go before leech again.

Will try and adjust my chars again if neccessary [such as higher chiv]

#1 [elf]
120 sword
100 tactics
100 resist
110 bushido[120] (+10 on 1 of the jewelry)
120 parrying
70 chiv
100 necro

#2 [human]
120 sword
120 tactics
110 resist
120 bushido
80 parrying
70 chiv
100 necro

#3 [elf]
120 fencing
100 tactics
115 resist
100 bushido
100 archery[120] (hat +20 faction)
100 necro
80 chiv
5 spellweaving (usually for attunement and gift of renewal under FOCUS 5]

#1 usually use bladed staff for doing AI (around 12x to 13x damage)
#2 usually use UBWS leafblade for doing feint, AI and lighting strike
#3 usually use leafblade for doing feint, AI when soloing boss

#1&2 with Chief prox
#3 with exceptional swampy

#4 [human]
will be using discordance wraith form leafblade for soloing super boss (such as slasher of veil, etc..)

All chars have well over 300 skills points discount for the lowest mana requirement of doing special moves.
All chars have the basic requirement of 40LMC, 50EP, 45HCI, 45DCI, 100DI, 25HPI, MI, SI

for human - either 99 str or 119 str [due to 50 ep +31]
for human - 119 dex [due to 50 ep +31]

for elf - either 100 or 120 str [due to 50ep +30]
for elf - 120 dex [due to 50ep +30]

All chars carry about 10-13 str/dex pots each
25 heal pots
5 cure pots
10-15 refresh pots
25-35 faction bandage (for urgently remove curse, remove lethal poison, etc.)
15 enchanted apple
1 invisible earrings for urgent usage (tend to not use it unless really really needed)

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All chars carry about 10-13 str/dex pots each
25 heal pots
5 cure pots
10-15 refresh pots
25-35 faction bandage (for urgently remove curse, remove lethal poison, etc.)
15 enchanted apple
1 invisible earrings for urgent usage (tend to not use it unless really really needed)
For champion spawn,in many case I am solo.:(
come back my buddy!
I use non faction human sampire.
Usually I have 4,5 heal and refresh pots.
I dont use pots for Barracoon,Neira,Abyssal inferna and Primeval lich.
The case to do Rikktor close fight is excluded.

I use sign of chaos when I fight semidor,becouse I can many AI :D
I dont use sign of chaos for mephitis and rikktor.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For champion spawn,in many case I am solo.:(
come back my buddy!
I use non faction human sampire.
Usually I have 4,5 heal and refresh pots.
I dont use pots for Barracoon,Neira,Abyssal inferna and Primeval lich.
The case to do Rikktor close fight is excluded.

I use sign of chaos when I fight semidor,becouse I can many AI :D
I dont use sign of chaos for mephitis and rikktor.
I usually burn heal more than other type of potions and with 50 EP the str and dex lasts quite long before I have to chug again. Usually when the Enemy of One decay, i will recast and chug another str and dex for extended duration again

refresh potion have used also, but very little since all my weapon will have stamina leech

I use combination of enchanted apple and faction bandage

Non faction human sampire is possible but I am too lazy to make armor so i decided to go for the short cut and use faction armors instead for all my chars.

For rikktor in close combat, it is highly possible with a bladed staff for non stop AI. Just gotta watch out the the earthquake + melee hit for possible KO; otherwise not so much threat there. There will be sound before the earthquake comes where you could prepare to run if you're not confidence enough.

Usually for semidor, i use leafblade for my female human or female elf char as mentioned in the above templates.

So that I could feint and in combination with AI/normal hits/lighting strikes.

Never tested sign of chaos, what is the effect for this? Care to share info?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sign of Chaos - Shield
Soul Charge 20%
HCI 5%
DCI 10%
FC 1
PR 3
FR 2
CR 2
PoR 2
ER 2

Soul Charge- provides a chance to convert a percentage of damage dealt to a player into mana.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually burn heal more than other type of potions and with 50 EP the str and dex lasts quite long before I have to chug again. Usually when the Enemy of One decay, i will recast and chug another str and dex for extended duration again

refresh potion have used also, but very little since all my weapon will have stamina leech

I use combination of enchanted apple and faction bandage

Non faction human sampire is possible but I am too lazy to make armor so i decided to go for the short cut and use faction armors instead for all my chars.

For rikktor in close combat, it is highly possible with a bladed staff for non stop AI. Just gotta watch out the the earthquake + melee hit for possible KO; otherwise not so much threat there. There will be sound before the earthquake comes where you could prepare to run if you're not confidence enough.

Usually for semidor, i use leafblade for my female human or female elf char as mentioned in the above templates.

So that I could feint and in combination with AI/normal hits/lighting strikes.

My main Sampire is a Male Non-Faction Elf. Don't use Band Aids and rarely use potions. The only thing I really have a problem with is Slasher, which I haven't tried, because I know he'll kick my ***.

I am in the process (or have been in the process for about 2 months) of making a Human Female Sampire. If the Elves looked like the Wood Elves in Everquest, I'd probably make it an Elven Female. ;)

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bladed staff is hit & away weapon.
Feint decrease earthquake damage,so sometime I use leafbrade,but easy fight for war axe.( I am macer)
I know sigh before earthquake,but sometime I want fight rikktor with leafbrade.haha

Sign of chaos have soul charge 20%.
20% of the damage that you received becomes your mana.
example,semidor hit you for 30 damage,it chage your 6 mana.

M

Maestro_Sartori

So I wanted to figure out a more economical way to build this character, seeing as I don't have the time or desire to do this complex of a set-up across all the shards I play.

After spending some time crunching numbers and figuring out what I want to compromise, I was able to make a very comparable suit using barbed bone armor (craft with barbed and then imbue). And by 'make the suit' I mean I was able to lay it out on a spreadsheet, I haven't actually made it yet.

End result is:
70/70/70/70/75
After pots 150 hp, 183 stam, 109 mana
40 lmc, 45 hci, 40 dci, 100 DI, 35 ssi, 40 EP

Only really expensive piece is the ranger cloak, rest of it is faction arty or imbued. And if you wanted to use a broadsword instead of long sword, you could skip the ranger cloak and use quiver of infinity and then your DCI balances out which is probably what I will do on shards I rarely play.

Downside, it uses spirit of totem so no HLD on your slayer weps. And only 40 DCI, which should be plenty. Also no skill increase on the ring, so parry ends at 75 which is still enough for the 300 skill point mana discount.

Cost

Going the longsword route, I estimate this can be put together for ~25 mil, with most of the cost being in fort powder and ranger cloak.

Going the broadsword route, can easily be done for 10 mil.

Those prices are assuming you're already scrolled, farm some stuff, get a good deal on everything you don't farm, and craft it yourself.

If anyone is interested in the economical suit layout shoot me a PM.
i would be interested in that suit layout but cant send u a pm yet because of my post count, im more a reader then a writer atm :)

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sign of Chaos - Shield
Soul Charge 20%
HCI 5%
DCI 10%
FC 1
PR 3
FR 2
CR 2
PoR 2
ER 2

Soul Charge- provides a chance to convert a percentage of damage dealt to a player into mana.
Thanks! Sounds good.

nevermind someone answered the % in the above.. thanks again

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bladed staff is hit & away weapon.
Feint decrease earthquake damage,so sometime I use leafbrade,but easy fight for war axe.( I am macer)
I know sigh before earthquake,but sometime I want fight rikktor with leafbrade.haha

Sign of chaos have soul charge 20%.
20% of the damage that you received becomes your mana.
example,semidor hit you for 30 damage,it chage your 6 mana.
The advantage of bladed staff as follow:-

weap damage = 14-16
speed = 3 [is probably the fastest weap available able to AI and high base damage]
two handed = increase parry chance up to 40% at 120 bush and 120 parry

cons = cannot chug

For the soul charge, will it trigger 100% of the time? For example:-

1st hit = 10 damage
2nd hit = 50 damage
3rd hit = 30 damage

Will all the above damage i receive collect 20% mana every single time?

Thanks!

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The advantage of bladed staff as follow:-

weap damage = 14-16
speed = 3 [is probably the fastest weap available able to AI and high base damage]
two handed = increase parry chance up to 40% at 120 bush and 120 parry
Leafblade- 13-15 2.75

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main Sampire is a Male Non-Faction Elf. Don't use Band Aids and rarely use potions. The only thing I really have a problem with is Slasher, which I haven't tried, because I know he'll kick my ***.

I am in the process (or have been in the process for about 2 months) of making a Human Female Sampire. If the Elves looked like the Wood Elves in Everquest, I'd probably make it an Elven Female. ;)
Yea, for some reason female char is better than male char... LOL

I still dont know whether any significant advantages with male char now.

Maybe one day, they will make a boss that will reflect any damage back to female...... hehe

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leafblade- 13-15 2.75
Yah leafblade is good also... but for swordsman, you just need to have a UBWS on it. really wasted a mod for something else (in the imbue perspective)

I currently use a non imbue leafblade:-

48 hit mana leech
42 hit stamina leech
46 hit lower defense
ssi 30
use best weapon skill

I make my DI capped at 100 for my female sampire without need any weapon.

I will have 76 Hit lower defense = 50 + 26/2 = 63 hit lower defense for me (not sure if its calculated like this or not)

B

Bort of Atlantic

What is the leafblade typically used for killing? The heavy-hitters that don't have a slayer vulnerability (giving you both feint and AI)?

Edit: One more question about crafting; can you make the base piece, imbue weak versions of what you'll put on there if the enhance works and you get DI/HCI, and then replace the imbues with the stronger versions, or will the HCI/DI effectively count against your cap at that point?

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will all the above damage i receive collect 20% mana every single time?
I think so.
If monster give you hit damage 30,you get 6 mana.
Mana is obtained though damage is received.

When I use feint, rikktor's earthquake damage is reduced by 70%(feint 50%+armed swampy 20%),so I dont run.
But I use war axe, I run away when I hear sound before earthquake.

fluxcapacitr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Am I going crazy or what.. I'm trying to see the list of Lynk's skills for this new template but i see no skill list.. D: Haaalp!!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Am I going crazy or what.. I'm trying to see the list of Lynk's skills for this new template but i see no skill list.. D: Haaalp!!
LOL... look at the very first post in the thread (on page 1). The skills are in the picture of his paperdoll and then he states above in the text how he modified the template after pub 71. Basically it is this:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
99 Necromancy
96 Chivalry
60 Parry

Total skill points is 735. He has +15 skill on a jewel.

-OBSIDIAN-

R

rscozz

Anyways, I'd say the best thing to do is bust out a excel spreadsheet and make sure that if you are going to:
1, make wood armor
2, pof
3, imbue
4, break most of the stuff and those that do work arn't what you are looking for

Then make sure that the pieces you do bother with enhancing will actually work into your suit. Nothing is more annoying than lucking out with a HCI piece and then finding out it's resist mods are not what you need. Also using excel will allow you to avoid adding mods that are not going to add to the suit like greater than 25 HPI, etc.
Ok that's how you guys make those outrages amour that far beyond the imbuse value, does it work on other material or it just work for woodland amours?

You gotta be kidding me, this is a never end process to make one good pieces of amour, it's going to take ages to make an amour you think it's prefect, I can't imagine how long it's going to take to make a full set, has anyone had made it and counted how much time they spent?

R

rscozz

LOL... look at the very first post in the thread (on page 1). The skills are in the picture of his paperdoll and then he states above in the text how he modified the template after pub 71. Basically it is this:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
99 Necromancy
96 Chivalry
60 Parry

Total skill points is 735. He has +15 skill on a jewel.

-OBSIDIAN-
That's almost exactly what I think it's the best Template for Sampire, except I had 120Parry and 10 Chvi(as I only use EoO), I am thinking of replacing Anatomy with Ninjisu, does anyone has any comment on it?

fluxcapacitr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm on flu meds n the simplest things are hard to make sense of. :p

I still dont get..
why drop the template from 120 parrying to 60.. T_T *brain-smoke*
Why make chiv 96?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You get the -10 mana reduction with 300 weapon related skill points.

120 Weapon
120 Bushido
60 Parry

That is 300 points. If you have 200-299 then you only get a -5 mana reduction. So look at Armor Ignore. That costs 30 mana. Subtract 10 with 300 skill points and that costs 20. Then add 40 LMC and your first AI is just 12 mana. Subsequent are 24 mana until it resets. You should be able to AI nearly non-stop with a nice HML weapon and big hits.

84 Chiv let's you have 50% increase in damage output with EOO. He has 96 because he just put max skill increase on a jewel (15). He dumped the excess in Chiv.

E

elspeth

You get the -10 mana reduction with 300 weapon related skill points.

120 Weapon
120 Bushido
60 Parry

That is 300 points. If you have 200-299 then you only get a -5 mana reduction. So look at Armor Ignore. That costs 30 mana. Subtract 10 with 300 skill points and that costs 20. Then add 40 LMC and your first AI is just 12 mana. Subsequent are 24 mana until it resets. You should be able to AI nearly non-stop with a nice HML weapon and big hits.
huh, does that mean I should put parry back onto my archer but drop it to minimum to get the 300? or are there any other skills that count?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Special move mana cost can be decreased by having multiples of certain skills. With 200 to 299 combined skill points, the cost will decrease by 5 mana. Having 300 or more it will decrease by 10 mana. The included skills are:
Swordsmanship
Mace Fighting
Fencing
Archery
Parrying
Lumberjacking
Stealth
Poisoning
Bushido
Ninjitsu
Throwing

From Special Moves - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

E

elspeth

so what do most archers do? Throw on 60 ninjitsu or parry or swallow the mana cost in favor of another skill? Med maybe?

*edit* and why poisoning and stealth but no healing??? - *grumbles*

oh and thanks for finding the guide for me.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really depends on if you are pvm or pvp... (pvp archers usually have stealth and ninjitsu anyway....)....

I either
a) don't worry about it
b) toss on ninjitsu or stealth (and yes, with hiding)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shield? Light's Rampart?
Na.. just some cursed soul charge 30% shield i picked up while farming shame. Don't really need to parry because they don't hit very hard, and little bit of extra mana when I have 3 unlucky no leech swings so I can keep doing the AIs.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take this haters...

Unbound Energy Vortex.avi - YouTube

Link is also in the first post.

**EDIT**

Still no sticky love Stratics?
Cool video but I'm confused about something.....

People didn't believe you that you could chain armor ignores near-endlessly on these creatures?

Didn't believe you could solo them?

Neither of those is an incredible claim by any stretch.

What exactly was it that people didn't believe?

-Galen's player