• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my UOC shows snow all over the ground for christmas time, but it is not actually there any longer in game, how do i remove this?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone know if it is possible to have UOCartographer show UO's server lines ?

How ?

I find it convenient to know where they exactly are at times and I would like them to therefore be visible in UOCartographer.

Thanks for the help.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
popps, I don't think so, but if you use Pinco's UI with the enhanced client, he includes a server line map.

J

jackstuard

Hi,

I have two questions,

1. How to make all npc vendor icons visible like UOAM? This make easy to find all vendors in my current house.

2. It's a bug when I'm inside a boat, and there's no update in UOCartographer when the boat is moving? I have to walk inside the boat to make UOC update my position.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
installed and working fine... including tracking...

using the latest pinco UI as of today.... everything seems to work, only issue is the UOC window wont stay ontop of the game screen (i play fullscreen but seem to remember that i could still have uoc ontop of the game window)

an ye i set the option "Always On Top"

i also have set the UOC to enable inside the UI

can anyone help?

many thanks in advance

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can't have the map on top when you are playing full screen. Your only option in that case is a second monitor. You don't need much, your local pawn shop should have something cheap that will do.

dupapa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Llewen, many thanks for the reply...

mmm before i quit for a few months i must of been running windowed on the last laptop,

many thanks for clearing that up tho, windowed mode it now is!! :)

D

DanGer

Is it possible to have more channels with different passwords?

And how?

Thank you

L

Lord_Armageddon

Running Win 7 64 bit with EC. It will not create maps. Here is what happens.

1. Downloaded program.
2. Ran install with no problems.
3. Created subdirectory "UserInterface\Default\Source" because there is no default directory.
4. Copied MapWindow.lua into above directory.
Note: Had tried renaming the default MapWindow file under "UserInterface\Source" and copying the file there. When that didn't work I created the "Default" directory.
5. Ran the program
6. Nothing. The program opens on the task bar, but does not open the window.
7. Clicked on icon on task bar and got message that it "Cannot locate all maps." I'm not running UOAM since I have the EC, so just ignored that part of the message and hit OK
8. New message. "UOC cannot find the client map files." It is looking for map0.mul, et.al. I have no map0, map1 or anything like them on my hard drive.
8. After clicking OK on all the error messages, it says "Can't locate facet map." Of course not, they don't exist.
9. Clicked OK and got the black UOCartographer window.
10. Right clicked and checked Options from the menu; the paths are correct.

I uninstalled the program, scrubbed the registry, and tried again, but same results.

Help!

W

wee papa smurf

Running Win 7 64 bit with EC. It will not create maps. Here is what happens.

1. Downloaded program.
2. Ran install with no problems.
3. Created subdirectory "UserInterface\Default\Source" because there is no default directory.
4. Copied MapWindow.lua into above directory.
Note: Had tried renaming the default MapWindow file under "UserInterface\Source" and copying the file there. When that didn't work I created the "Default" directory.
5. Ran the program
6. Nothing. The program opens on the task bar, but does not open the window.
7. Clicked on icon on task bar and got message that it "Cannot locate all maps." I'm not running UOAM since I have the EC, so just ignored that part of the message and hit OK
8. New message. "UOC cannot find the client map files." It is looking for map0.mul, et.al. I have no map0, map1 or anything like them on my hard drive.
8. After clicking OK on all the error messages, it says "Can't locate facet map." Of course not, they don't exist.
9. Clicked OK and got the black UOCartographer window.
10. Right clicked and checked Options from the menu; the paths are correct.

I uninstalled the program, scrubbed the registry, and tried again, but same results.

Help!
Bumped because I have this problem :p

Had to uninstall UOC then when I downloaded it again this same problem happened to me.

T

Tearstain

I need help.

I have come back to UO after a 7 year gap.

I am trying to get Cartographer to work but I keep getting "Run time Error" which is something to do with filenet 2.

so i got it removed and then re installed it and then did same with Cart to get a "Error (oox3oorct00)" or something like that.

I then tried to re install Cart again and then tried the filenet again and it went back to "Run time" error.

this is seriously hindering my T hunter who is trying to dig up every square inch of the map, not to mention me thinking of quiting the game again.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Oh and I am running XP, don't think my system would cope with Vista

Tearstain

L

Lord_Armageddon

Welcome back, Tearstain. This is my third go-round in the past 12 years. While I really like the enhanced client, it has some serious drawbacks, especially for those of us who are seniors, have shaky hands and carpal, and not so good eyesight.

The zoom feature is great. Best thing they did. The macro system sucks, big time. While I'm building a craftsman, I have a lot of items to sell or otherwise move, and I can only do it one at a time. When I'm trying to sell 100 spellbooks, it is pretty hard on my arm with all that clicking. Then I can't see what is in the backpack a lot of the time, everything blends in. It seems that the developers don't really understand or care about their player base.

I think the problem we are seeing with UOCart is the name changes that took place with the EC. Files no longer have the same name or extension. Makes it tough on outside developers.

Anyway, just hang in there. It's easier to build characters now than it was 7 years ago. Hopefully the issues with COCart will get resolved so we can have a good map again. Don't understand why EA can't do it themselves.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tearstain, have you tried installing Microsoft .NET framework up from the bottom?

You can't just install the "latest" version (4?); you have to start at version 1.x and work your way up, for some older programs to work properly (I've seen this issue with some older stuff with Direct X and/or Java as well. Whatever happened to the notion of backwards compatibility? Hell, OpenOffice 3 won't even convert the art in some of my converted Wordperfect files that early versions of OO2 did (even if the art was placed incorrectly, I could at least fix that)).

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the Classic Client. UOCartographer still works with it. Maybe the Dev's can fix whatever is causing your problem in the next couple of publishes.

L

Lord_Armageddon

Use the Classic Client. UOCartographer still works with it. Maybe the Dev's can fix whatever is causing your problem in the next couple of publishes.
The CC is not really a good option for me. My vision is not what it was when I first started this game, and I rely on the zoom function to be able to see what is going on. I really miss UOA, but have to learn to live without it. That goes for UOMagic, UOMaps, and the other helper programs we used to use.

UOCart advertises that it works with the EC, but so far I haven't seen it. Hope they can get it working. It is really needed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for treasure hunting you don't need uocart, get Pinco's ui and enable scaling. You can scale the treasure map and the normal map side by side and see exactly where the pin will be.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The CC is not really a good option for me. My vision is not what it was when I first started this game, and I rely on the zoom function to be able to see what is going on.
I know to well how that is. If your running an LCD monitor at it's recommended resolution, change it's resolution setting to somthing easier to see.

My monitor recommends 1920x1080 resolution which gives text on the screen that is smaller than phonebook text. I run the thing at 1360x768 which displays text that is much larger and easy to read. The large CC game window fits it well.

One of my gripes with the EC is the size of the icons in the backpack grid display and a lot of small text. While the game window zooms beautifully, none of the information displays zoom with it. The dev team who designed the EC made no allowance for the age of many of UO's players.

We're not kids anymore, we old fogeys. :)

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for treasure hunting you don't need uocart, get Pinco's ui and enable scaling. You can scale the treasure map and the normal map side by side and see exactly where the pin will be.
This mean you can pretty much walk up to the right spot and skip all the mousing and clicking in the area the dang treasure chest should be?!

Heck, if we can use that feature of Pinco's UI to travel quickly to the exact spot I may have to accept the EC has a third good feature. Not just the larger game window and the zoom. All that mousing and clicking neccesary after the Thunting change had been making my hands hurt enough I gave Thunting up.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Again, I recommend Pinco's ui, with scaling enabled. You can scale every individual gump. Map, icon, backpack, paperdoll, everything

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a shovel in a hotbar set 'stored', beside it I have a map in a hotbar set 'cursor'. I set the 'stored' to the map I'm currently digging. Then I can just use the hotkey I set and target the ground. With the maps zoomed I can usually work out where the map is within a couple of tiles.

L

Lord_Armageddon

Some interesting comments about Pinco's. I've tried to use it a couple of times, but it doesn't want to play well with my system for some reason. I'll have to give it another look. While I like the EC, I sure do miss the macro capabilities. Maybe EA needs some old fogies like us on the development team to explain to them (hard slap up the backside of the head) what it's like a few years down the road. :rant2:

Too bad UOCartography doesn't work on the EC as advertised.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I updated my Pinco's UI and it does zoom the silly packs large enough to tell similar things apart. Nice. :)

I'll have to play with some Tmaps and see if if Tmapping still involves too much mousing & clicking around trying to find the chest.

Now if they would get the graphics looking at least decent sometime soon.

L

Lord_Armageddon

Installed the latest Pinco's and the new installer is nice. It actually works. The map is an improvement over the UO map, but I think removing the small map was a mistake. I like being able to switch between the maps with the M key, now it just turns the map on or off.

It supposedly works with UOCart, but that's not much help if UOCart won't work. Don't know if it's a 64-bit issue or not, but my friend, who also has a 64-bit system is having the same problem.

Haven't figured out how to zoom other than the total zoom which I currently have at .85. Pinco needs a manual to explain things.

Now let's hope the UOCart developer can solve the Win 7 64-bit issue.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been enjoying this program for several months. One of my guildies is running a server and it seems to work well for everyone but me. When I connect it shuts the program down every time. Any ideas why it's doing this and how I can fix it?

I

ironpino

I'm having a problem getting cartographer to start properly.

The install went fine, after that when I hit the action button to start cartographer. I get a message for 1 sec after that cartographer crashes back to the background.

This is the message, that show up in 1 sec. I could ctr c it (I'm playing it on windows 7)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qsQE8pOhEGuE1zt$1$cXzKg==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qGfu3hhM8gCtVj0CyJO$Psw==(Object #=qXW07htzMZolkwp1Kg_kbTw==, EventArgs #=qX3nnpkZTqAdWC9mIa_HCiQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()

S

Sysaro Rakshasa

I can't get it to track me either. The links to find skins don't work anymore & I really don't want to go back to the classic client to use UOAM, but it looks as that is my only option.

Z

zoott55

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qwjJSEmRyB34qwuJyUQ4SBw==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qVLpmwmfHG6cyd3sFGxBBtyi3Tfte8X54nK_YaMFmjBE=()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=..ctor()
at #=q5$Bf3p0M__nuXdoT7Kjaso1nacnJxYK4vmixHpASmms=.#=qHkOqUEl6jT7dJ1CqyH0tOw==()

.....................help

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I can't get it to track me either. The links to find skins don't work anymore & I really don't want to go back to the classic client to use UOAM, but it looks as that is my only option.
Pinco's UI. The thread is at the top of the EC forum. Once you've installed it and started up your game, go to the Pinco's UI options and enable Cartographer.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone help me figure out why it shows my char on the wrong facet all the time? I switch facets then soon as I move it will show me back in trammel.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to either install a mod like Pinco's or install the map.lua file included with Cartographer if you are using the EC. If you are using the CC, then you must have UOAssist running.

Also make sure that the preferences in Cartographer point to the correct location for your install of UO

I

ironpino

I'm having a problem getting cartographer to start properly.

The install went fine, after that when I hit the action button to start cartographer. I get a message for 1 sec after that cartographer crashes back to the background.

This is the message, that show up in 1 sec. I could ctr c it (I'm playing it on windows 7)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qsQE8pOhEGuE1zt$1$cXzKg==()
at #=qBy54Df4oDNDhwyKS61jic7TRRYrzAcfirju1Rp8l7Bk=.#=qGfu3hhM8gCtVj0CyJO$Psw==(Object #=qXW07htzMZolkwp1Kg_kbTw==, EventArgs #=qX3nnpkZTqAdWC9mIa_HCiQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
Anyone know why this error keeps popping up?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Anyone know why this error keeps popping up?
My guess is you've got a problem with your .NET Framework. Try going into your Add/Remove programs menu and uninstalling everything to do with .NET Framework, then install the version you will find here. Then go into Windows update and install any updates to your .NET Frameworkd, then uninstall and reinstall Cart and try running it again.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(IMHO, someone needs to edit this thread. It has become so large that it is not really usable except for the initial post. I tried searching it but it's a bit unwieldy for that as well.)

I just upgraded my computer from 32 bit Windows XP Pro to 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate. Installing and running UO, no problem. (I play in EC but also have CC so I can make certain items placed on vendors display properly.) Installed Vent, no problem other than operator error.

Install UOC and when I run it, it shows the accurate location of others in my guild, but I'm stuck in the Britain throne room (which is really a hoot because I play on Siege where us 'common' players are not allowed into the throne room because someone made it the faction base for the True Brittanians). Oh, and it thinks I am in Trammel, lol. Things I have done to try and fix this:

- UOC was installed as Administrator and I run it as Administrator. Doesn't help.
- Try to rebuild maps. It *looks* like it might be rebuilding them, but I'm not completely certain. Didn't help.
- Made certain I had that path to the client(s) set up properly. Didn't help.

Additional thoughts I have had to try and fix it:
- Tonight I will uninstall the program and load it again, but I do not hold high hopes for that.
- Windows 7 comes with .NET 3.5, but I am not certain how to check to make certain that did, indeed, install properly. I might try and research that.

Otherwise, I'm running out of ideas. Anyone have a clue as to what I need to do to fix this? Thx!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(IMHO, someone needs to edit this thread. It has become so large that it is not really usable except for the initial post. I tried searching it but it's a bit unwieldy for that as well.)

I just upgraded my computer from 32 bit Windows XP Pro to 64 bit Windows 7 Ultimate. Installing and running UO, no problem. (I play in EC but also have CC so I can make certain items placed on vendors display properly.) Installed Vent, no problem other than operator error.

Install UOC and when I run it, it shows the accurate location of others in my guild, but I'm stuck in the Britain throne room (which is really a hoot because I play on Siege where us 'common' players are not allowed into the throne room because someone made it the faction base for the True Brittanians). Oh, and it thinks I am in Trammel, lol. Things I have done to try and fix this:

- UOC was installed as Administrator and I run it as Administrator. Doesn't help.
- Try to rebuild maps. It *looks* like it might be rebuilding them, but I'm not completely certain. Didn't help.
- Made certain I had that path to the client(s) set up properly. Didn't help.

Additional thoughts I have had to try and fix it:
- Tonight I will uninstall the program and load it again, but I do not hold high hopes for that.
- Windows 7 comes with .NET 3.5, but I am not certain how to check to make certain that did, indeed, install properly. I might try and research that.

Otherwise, I'm running out of ideas. Anyone have a clue as to what I need to do to fix this? Thx!
On EC you must enable it from client and this is available only on few UI (like mine). Other than that the client must be able to write files so you must run it as administrator.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had seen that mentioned in the boards. But I did not need to do that in XP in order for it to run, so I didn't think I would need to do that in Win 7. But it is one more thing to try.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um... Nothing personal Pinco, but what if I don't *want* to use a custom UI? I actually like what I've been using, have it set up exactly as I want it. Isn't there any other way for me to get UOC to work? I don't want another 'skin.'

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Um... Nothing personal Pinco, but what if I don't *want* to use a custom UI? I actually like what I've been using, have it set up exactly as I want it. Isn't there any other way for me to get UOC to work? I don't want another 'skin.'
There is a standalone mod that doesn't change any UI elements. Not sure where to get it, or how to set it up, but I know it's out there. Having said that, if you aren't using Pinco's UI, you are missing out, you really are.

This is also what seems to be happening with me. It doesn't like to play with 64 bit Windows 7.
The problem is UAC. You need to turn that off. The only way it is useful anyway is if you have children using your computer and you don't want them making any changes.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, perhaps I should start looking for a 'basic' UI. And yeah, I turned off UAC within the first hour of my upgrade, lol.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Have to agree with Llewen, Pinco's UI should not alter what you have set up already, it should only add to the experience. You technically could use any "skin" with it, if you were sightly savvy enough, but assuming you are using either the default skin or one of the popular ones (which work with Pinco's UI) then you should be fine.

The main elements of the UI should remain how they are, Pinco's should only add functionality and should not change anything you have set up really.

You should be able to look in the EC section of the forums and find the mod.

(Side note: If you are still dead set against using Pinco's and have trouble finding the Mod PM me and I will tell you how to create a mod that in theory should work. Best I can do sorry.)

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm probably just in a state of 'overload.' Taking my machine from 32 bit XP to 64 bit Win 7 went smoothly enough, but was very time consuming and intensive. If I downloaded a driver and rebooted once in the past few days, I've done it 50 or more times, lol.

I will keep futzing with things to see if I can get it to work. I was informed by a guildmate that their setup (similar to mine) runs fine, but they had to get the *latest* version of the .NET framework in order for it to work. So that's my next step to try.

*slightly crazed semi-computer-literate female seeks strong drink and a break from downloads*

lol

C

Cloak&Dagger

I'm probably just in a state of 'overload.' Taking my machine from 32 bit XP to 64 bit Win 7 went smoothly enough, but was very time consuming and intensive. If I downloaded a driver and rebooted once in the past few days, I've done it 50 or more times, lol.

I will keep futzing with things to see if I can get it to work. I was informed by a guildmate that their setup (similar to mine) runs fine, but they had to get the *latest* version of the .NET framework in order for it to work. So that's my next step to try.

*slightly crazed semi-computer-literate female seeks strong drink and a break from downloads*

lol
Haha, O.K. just remember that UOC will not work with out a mod for the E.C. such as pinco's UI, but best of luck getting through the updates and such.

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm having horrible issues with UOCart that I didn't have a few days ago. All my chars start off logged into Yew no matter where they log in at. Some chars can run around in the map just fine but others can be in the water running while they are on land. It's really annoying because I have a Thunter who is on hold til this gets fixed. I tried reinstalling and nothing works. I still start off in Yew. I'm running Win7 64bit Enterprise edition.