• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My newest Sampire

N

NoBuddy

Here are the non-resist imbue counts on his gear
gorget - 4
chest -4
arms - 3
leg - 3
gloves - 4

To get the 85 fire resist, you'll need to imbue a minimum of 4 pieces (which assumes 13 as the fire resist on the non-imbued piece), but if you went with the same LMC and stat imbues as Lynk you would only have 2 resist imbues available as the HCI or DI would count as a property against your 5.

So, to answer the question, it's possible to craft from HW and then imbue your suit, but you have to sacrifice either stats, properties, or resists to do it.
Ok, I think I'm tracking. We are also assuming we are imbuing cap-1 resist, hpi and lmc (with exception of 6% one) to avoid large imbue mat cost? MI and SI are cheap to cap as fungi is abundant. So at that rate, the high end of the cost to make is the forged metal tools (if you're using it) and hope for some luck to get the hci/di hits on piece? Else it's just a matter of time to do without tool. Am I getting warmer?

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The real kicker is, IMO, powder of fort. I've burn hundreds of pieces trying to get the perfect set up and its the cost of forting them that kills ya, to the point that for a while I just said screw it untill I get a few to work....sigh.

I never maxed out the resists anyways and have not had any issues with reaching 70's after vamp form. Normally I would add the 23 stat increase, next to max on one resist and then everything else to another. Follow it all up with a quick break from the heartwood and repeat. On a normal building session I imbue up about 10 pieces at a time and break the vast majority waiting to repeat the next day.

Don't forget to factor in total HPI on your suit if you are going to use the crimmy as max HPI is 25. Wasted mods will annoy you down the road. I have one piece with LRC as none of my suits have LMC like the first one in this thread.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phys
fire
cold
poison
energy
Rikki spawn
85 45
85 40
35 36.6
85 53.5
85 35.8
Neira spawn
28 43.75
40 27.5
55 56.25
35 46.25
25 37.75
Semidar spawn
25 55.25
55 52.5
25 22.5
25 35
15 37.5
Mephitis spawn
78 51.25
65 30
65 32.5
100 85
65 37.5
Corgul Navery
92 55
86 45
94 65
80 100
81 70

Best I could do without some silly effort, I am sure you can copy and paste....My master spreadsheet has all my guys suits with stats, regens, resists, dci, hci, lmc etc....chug bonus. For some reason I just assumed that everyone had done the same...lol.

My information was taken from UO Stratics - Hunter's Guide - Welcome! or Ultima Online Gameplay Guide - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia
The resists posted for Semidar on UO Stratics Hunter's Guide (25-55-25-25-15) are incorrect. The correct resists are: (74-70-65-68-69).

Not that it probably matters to you, but I figured I'd let you know.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well that makes me feel silly. I figured it was something different or she'd drop like 5 years ago to 10 ebolts....

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get the 85 fire resist, you'll need to imbue a minimum of 4 pieces (which assumes 13 as the fire resist on the non-imbued piece), but if you went with the same LMC and stat imbues as Lynk you would only have 2 resist imbues available as the HCI or DI would count as a property against your 5.

So, to answer the question, it's possible to craft from HW and then imbue your suit, but you have to sacrifice either stats, properties, or resists to do it.
Precisely.

The suit on my Great Lakes sampire was made with heartwood, and then imbued. The suit is nearly as good, I just don't have any mana increase on the armor pieces.

N

NoBuddy

What a pain. I spent bout 6 hours yesterday trying to mimic some of this. No joy. I ended up making a couple very nice pieces made with heartwood and imbued, which I could pair with some leather pieces I have, tho I seem to come up 1 resist short. Oh well.

How many forged tools did you run through on this particular suit?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a pain. I spent bout 6 hours yesterday trying to mimic some of this. No joy. I ended up making a couple very nice pieces made with heartwood and imbued, which I could pair with some leather pieces I have, tho I seem to come up 1 resist short. Oh well.

How many forged tools did you run through on this particular suit?
I think it was a total of 26 charges.

N

NoBuddy

I bet. I got to the point last night where I had to craft an exactly precise piece. I spent 2-3 of the hours trying for just the one piece. What's bad is that I spent about 10mil last night working on this and a couple new weps, when I already have a really nice suit (40 lmc, 45 dci, 40 hci, 102DI, all 70's, 136/180/66 w/out pots). Just wanted to see if I could do this. I do need to readjust for the 50EP, right now i got none. Might also look at going elf instead of human.

Another thing that got me tho was that when imbuing woodland armor, the resist cap is -1 than cap from imbuing leather. That sucks.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.. so when I get honor, use a reptile slayer, and EOO on Rikktor - my AIs get up to like 174-177.

I always thought EOO/Slayer capped damage... doesn't appear to be the case.

N

NoBuddy

Sweet numbers. Consistently that high, or were those crits? Seem to be missing high parry much? I forget the numbers, but the avoidance difference didn't seem that much from 120-90.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember where we left off on the damage cap discussions. My understanding was:
DI from items (100% ) + reptile slayer (100%) + EoO (50%) + perfection (50%) would reach cap.

With this in mind, you'll take down demons after a few swings and not reach cap. Rikktor has more hp, so you'd achieve perfection and be at cap.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sweet numbers. Consistently that high, or were those crits? Seem to be missing high parry much? I forget the numbers, but the avoidance difference didn't seem that much from 120-90.

Parry is fine at 90, In fact I'd rather have resist, healing, or spirit speak but none of those skills adds to the mana discount for specials.

And those numbers are consistent, it is AI so no crit, I'm not LSing at all.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't remember where we left off on the damage cap discussions. My understanding was:
DI from items (100% ) + reptile slayer (100%) + EoO (50%) + perfection (50%) would reach cap.

With this in mind, you'll take down demons after a few swings and not reach cap. Rikktor has more hp, so you'd achieve perfection and be at cap.
There have been several different interpretations of the formula.. but I think what you have posted is accurate. At least that is what my results support.

N

NoBuddy

Parry is fine at 90, In fact I'd rather have resist, healing, or spirit speak but none of those skills adds to the mana discount for specials.

And those numbers are consistent, it is AI so no crit, I'm not LSing at all.
Good catch, no crit with AI.

Are you finding the high amount of mana necessary? Mine is still human, and I'm still at 180 stam, so wondering if I'd be better off going elf and dropping to 150/160 stam to boost mana pool. All this based on using the 1h weps primarily, of course.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has something to do with bad math skills and misinformation supplied during the Five on Friday days.

We got some horribly bad information from them back then.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.. this is kind of funny.

I was on this char, and 4 of my guildies have the garg throwers.

Fastest I've ever seen a rikki spawn go. After the first one we timed it. 13 minutes from popping the spawn to rikki dying.

It was 6 minutes to get level 3 up.

Don't wanna brag.. but I pretty much get through level 4 in about 60 seconds just standing on the alter aggroing every level 4 mob.

With my AIs, and the 4 gargs AIing, the damage was so constant that Rik never even got one EQ off.

T

Tempuskaine

Hey all returning player here. Just got a couple of questions. I understand the suit building aspect and am working on mine what I wonder is how you reach the needed level of faction rank to get those artis. I tried the forums there but seemed to be mostly alot of bi&&&&&& and mo&&&&& lol. I know the sampire template is a **** poor pvp temp so are you swapping skills out via soulstones or have friends help you get the rank. Also I've seen lot of post about using feint. What fights do you think it's mandatory to use a weapon with feint.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much mana do you find yourself needing to balance out not getting a good sized mana leech every time from an AI hit to maintain chain AI's?
That is very tough to gauge, but 142 might be a little overkill.
I had a very unlucky streak of leeches last night and for the first time since I made this character I had to lightning strike twice!

Still kinda wanna make the hammer pick version of this character.. I think that the AIs would round out at about 200.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a very unlucky streak of leeches last night and for the first time since I made this character I had to lightning strike twice!

Still kinda wanna make the hammer pick version of this character.. I think that the AIs would round out at about 200.
Was toying with that, 55ssi/180 stam is a rough one

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was toying with that, 55ssi/180 stam is a rough one
I've got it laid out on a spreadsheet. The only downside to it was I could only manage to get like 20 HPI and 45 dci, or go 25 hpi and 40 dci.

Just need to get the gold to do it... runs about 160 mil (give or take). Much less if you get lucky and get the insane tinker legs to drop.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've got it laid out on a spreadsheet. The only downside to it was I could only manage to get like 20 HPI and 45 dci, or go 25 hpi and 40 dci.

Just need to get the gold to do it... runs about 160 mil (give or take). Much less if you get lucky and get the insane tinker legs to drop.
What would you use to get 55 SSI? The best I can come up with is:

- 30 Hammer Pick
- 10 Insane Tinker Legs
- 5 Cloak of Augmentation
- 5 Turquoise Ring

That's 50. You could use a Jade Armband, but except for the SSI, I think you could do much better with a custom imbued bracelet. What am I missing?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What would you use to get 55 SSI? The best I can come up with is:

- 30 Hammer Pick
- 10 Insane Tinker Legs
- 5 Cloak of Augmentation
- 5 Turquoise Ring

That's 50. You could use a Jade Armband, but except for the SSI, I think you could do much better with a custom imbued bracelet. What am I missing?
What you list is what I would use.. ideally I would want a jade armband replica that was imbued back when imbuing artis was possible, but I did design the suit around a non-imbued.

N

NoBuddy

What will you use for whirlwind, UBWS Radiant, or gonna switch to 2h (black staff/war hammer) for WW?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What will you use for whirlwind, UBWS Radiant, or gonna switch to 2h (black staff/war hammer) for WW?
Probly steal Obsidian's idea and imbue 5 mod staffs and enhance with ash for ssi.

N

NoBuddy

If you're swinging fast enough to get 1.25 hammer pick swings, ssi on black staff is unnecessary. If you put Life Leech on wep, bloodwood would be a better enhance, else prolly yew for 5hci/10di. Or just no enhance at all.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're swinging fast enough to get 1.25 hammer pick swings, ssi on black staff is unnecessary. If you put Life Leech on wep, bloodwood would be a better enhance, else prolly yew for 5hci/10di. Or just no enhance at all.

Kind of comes down to personal preference at that point....

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Kind of comes down to personal preference at that point....
Totally agree with Lynk. If I already had 55 SSI (or anything more than 20 SSI for that matter) I'd enhance with Yew for 5 HCI and 10 DI. But definitely blackstaffs for whirlwind.

I'd love to try this, but it would take a lot of time to collect these pieces. For a cheaper suit build in the meanwhile, It may make more sense to use Divine Fury and put extra DCI on the suit.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I was comparing the Hammer Pick with the Longsword as AI weapons.

You can swing the Longsword at 1.25s with 35 SSI and 180 Stamina. Base Damage is 15-16.

You can swing the Hammer Pick at 1.25s with 55 SSI and 180 Stamina. Base Damage is 15-17.

Building a 35 SSI suit with 180+ stamina is far easier than a 55 SSI suit. I'd like to see the damage difference, but my gut is that the Longsword might be a more effective way to go. You can fit a lot of other mods into the suit when you aren't trying to cram so much SSI.

-OBSIDIAN-

L

longshanks

great thread.

thanks much lynk for posting your build. imho this thread should be stickied.

im good to go with rikktor. i prefer using the whammy for the boss but this temp definately gets u to rikky in faster time. im talking from a solo perspective.

i took this build to semidar. you sail through the first 3 levels but i was getting lit up on 4th if i'd get 3-4 succs and a few deamons on me.

so how are u playing 4th level. are you on the fringe working your way in or are you relying on feint of the radiant, evasion plus pots confidence and just wading into the the hole thing.

thanks.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so how are u playing 4th level. are you on the fringe working your way in or are you relying on feint of the radiant, evasion plus pots confidence and just wading into the the hole thing.

thanks.
I keep evade and consecrate up, jump in balls deep and whirlwind. With the hit area going off most of the mobs die in 3 or 4 swings.

L

longshanks

thanks lynk.

regarding semidar level 4

i basically did that eoo on succubus though and got through it.

took semidar to the stairs and equipped the broad sword but she was a tough kill without disco. are u just spamming ai's with evade / consecrate and dropping down to second level if she gets u redlined?

insane temp though. i did a rat and didnt even have vamp embrace on until the champ was up and was never even close to dying.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks lynk.

took semidar to the stairs and equipped the broad sword but she was a tough kill without disco. are u just spamming ai's with evade / consecrate and dropping down to second level if she gets u redlined?

insane temp though. i did a rat and didnt even have vamp embrace on until the champ was up and was never even close to dying.
I avoid using EOO at all on any level of spawn, only on the boss.

Only time I really need to run from Semi is if I whiff a few times and she connects. I don't consecrate on Semi at all. I keep counter attack toggled unless I get below 100 HP, then I evade. But all I do is non-stop AI.

Surprised you're having such difficulties with Semidar, your character is female right? If your char is a guy then yea I can see it being very difficult.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd second the avoiding of EOO during any level of a spawn. I do try to place one honor at a succubus before entering a group and make this one my direct target for triggering WW but, like lynk, my faith is placed in the hit area doing most of the work. I find that honor gives a nice top up to stats during the worst of the fight.

Worst part of that spawn is getting placed in Stat, if I was making solo chars on "off shards" that I don't play much I'd strongly review which faction I join.

L

longshanks

i will try it again doing as you suggested. i never thought about counter attack

B

Baldielocks

I have played sampire off and on since ML. I use blackstaff / hammerpick. Some questions / statements I see in the thread could use some clarification:
1) Hammerpick and longsword are the two best AI weapons in game - IF YOU JOUST. Reason is the slow swing speed. Slower swing speed, higher leeches can be imbued. Hammerpick tops out at 90% HLL and HML. HSL is always 50%.
Longsword tops at at 84% (if i remember right).

Jousting is the key. Toe to toe, you want faster wep, but much lower leech rate. If you think Jousting is slow, try this on. I ROUTINELY do no death rikktor spawns. Average time for all levels, from 3 skulls, is 1 hour. Average time to kill rikki is two EOO's (6 minutes). Solo, undiscorded.

I also do Stygian Dragon routinely, no death. Average time is 5 EOO's (15 minutes).

Whammies can do it faster with leafblade, but I like riding.

Several posters commented on AI and consecrate. There is no benefit given from consecrate. AI ignores ALL resistances. Consecrate channels damage to lowest resistance. It does nothing to increase damage.
Now, WW and hit area and consecrate. thats different. Hit area is affected by consecrate. In general, not a GOOD idea to rely on consecrate to fix poor hit area selection, but it can help in mixed spawn levels.

For damage increase: Honor, EOO, 100% DI, slayer, talisman killer property, Divine Fury.

I hit for 189 damage with AI (120 mace, 100 tac, 100 anat, 150 str).

Always joust with Counterattack. Counterattack is parry driven. Parry is calculated after defense chance. Divine fury lowers defense chance, thus more counter attacks landed.

For champion / peerless, I use blackstaff with hit area. Never have to use pots. Use divine fury for stamina. Counterattack or evade against level 3 & 4 spellcasters.

For boss, I use a hammerpick. Slayer, 90 HLL, 90 HML, 40DI, 50 HLA. I run 50%EP from ecru ring. Stam pots, divine fury, confidence, GH pots, life leech for healing. In a pinch, I run protection and cast close wounds. Swing speed is like 1.75 i think.

Will post a suit pic. From what I have seen on shard lately, everyone is using pretty much the woodland, imbued and enhanced with the forged tool. I have woodland legs, gloves, arms, gorger. mace and shields. and (dont laugh) bronzed valkyrie. I have lieutenant sash(thank you rikki), boots(thank you baracoon), factions crimson and talisman.
This lets me hit 150 dex / 150 str. Derived stats are 187 stamina, 148 HP, 76 mana.
With that mana pool, and 40 LMC, I can land 4 consecutive AI's. This usually keeps me good. I have found that lower mana = shorter AI chains. With current stats, i rarely dont leech enough.

I have tinker legs, and dont use them. I see that there is a thought that you can swing at 1.25 with hammer pick. You cant. Here, I would not mind being wrong though.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your post isn't entirely accurate. And I don't think you really read any of the other posts in the thread. Only reference to consecrate was regarding the spawn prior to the champ and whirlwind.

Taking an hour to work rikki isn't that fast, its actually pretty slow.

#1 - I can swing at 1.25 with long sword, I don't have to joust. I just stand toe to toe.

#2 - If you run 150 str, 120 mace, 100 tact, 100 anat, with 300% DI capped, you're not hitting 189 on AIs. Sorry. The most you'll do is 170 without 120 tact/anat if you're using a hammer pick.

#3 - You can get 1.25 with hammer pick, it's just not worth the investment. You need 55 SSI.

Roland of Atlantic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious, a few post back you said you can solo Semidar with a male sampire? Without going wraith or orc to avoid being male? I always leave my female guildmate solo her while I have fun cleaning up the rest of the leftovers. I can solo The other bosses, Stygian, Medusa and paragon GDs (my favorite) but I just can't figure out a good workaround to get at Semidar.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious, a few post back you said you can solo Semidar with a male sampire?
There are a few steps you must take to solo Semidar with a male sampire.

First find a gender change token.

Change to female.

Then you're set!

B

Baldielocks

UO Stratics - Weapons

enter in 150 str (no pots), 187 dex (no pots), 100 anat. 100 tac, 100 DI. Hammerpick will show as 63 damage. 63 times 300% DI is 189. This is an accurate reflection of the damage i get in game.

I was incorrect, just one reference to consecrate with AI.
(long shanks) took semidar to the stairs and equipped the broad sword but she was a tough kill without disco. are u just spamming ai's with evade / consecrate and dropping down to second level if she gets u redlined?

What is a good SOLO time for rikki then? I kill em faster than they spawn already. But would like to figger out how to speed it up if possible

L

longshanks

essentially that. taking her to the stairs and doing as you wrote.

1 point. my weapon is a spot on match's to lynk's however im not running factions and not running ep on my jewels, so the lack of pots probably costs my survivability on this.

i will redoo my jewels and go ep and try it again. i can solo all 4 levels now so it's just a matter of going mano a mano against the boss.

i miss a few times due to my stamina being knocked down some and thats all she needs. that girl hits hard.

i use my whammy on the ricky spawn and find that to be easy. i've seen sammy's get wrecked down there if rickky parlays the eq with direct damage.

i prefer the stick and move method of the whammy. just my personal preference though.

again a shout out to lynk on this thread. it should really be stickied.

Kayne.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All my sampires have always been macing (except for my discord-thrower)

Before imbuing I had a Gnarled staff that had 60ish of each leech, 15DCI, 30SSI 60DI and something else.

Didn't have the best attacks for the job, but the staff was perfect for staying alive.

Also used war axes that had HLA and slayers.

Macing is still my favorite wep skill for pvm

ziggy29

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The build would work just fine with 91 healing instead of parrying. You'll take more damage, but can cure poison not handled by vamp form. Individual preference will determine which is better for which player.
Yep. And with soulstones it doesn't have to be a commitment to one or the other. In my sampire build I have about 90 points that can go to any one of healing, parry or resist (and that's with a 705 skill cap), and before I go on a significant hunt I decide which of the three I think will be most useful.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep. And with soulstones it doesn't have to be a commitment to one or the other. In my sampire build I have about 90 points that can go to any one of healing, parry or resist (and that's with a 705 skill cap), and before I go on a significant hunt I decide which of the three I think will be most useful.
While you can vary the skill, I personally use parry on about everything so I get the extra mana discount on the AI spamming.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks lynk.

Just revisiting this.. I don't normally do Semidars but was getting bored with Riks so did a few of these last night.

You have to be careful with level 4. As soon as i had more than 3 succubus on me, there was the potential of a mana drain followed by all of the succubus connecting and it was a death robe. As long as I didn't take on more than 3 succubus at a time it was no problem. Demons didn't really matter.. could be 100 of them, they drop fast.

Semidar was even easier than I remember. Think I'll be doing these a bit more often.. though they burn your armor down faster with the amount of spells being cast on you.

L

longshanks

ok.. good. your human.

i was thinking it was just me. it's almost that i was saying .. why the hell am i not leeching but its the constant mana drains.

i equip the broadsword on level 4 and run to the north wall from the altar. than come back in and try to cherry pick the succubuss 1 at a time.

works much better.

for the boss. i re did my jewelry with 50 ep but the last few i've done has been with guildies so it hasnt been that bad.

so im thinking with the stat buff and heal buff i should fare better. will revert.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I wanted to figure out a more economical way to build this character, seeing as I don't have the time or desire to do this complex of a set-up across all the shards I play.

After spending some time crunching numbers and figuring out what I want to compromise, I was able to make a very comparable suit using barbed bone armor (craft with barbed and then imbue). And by 'make the suit' I mean I was able to lay it out on a spreadsheet, I haven't actually made it yet.

End result is:
70/70/70/70/75
After pots 150 hp, 183 stam, 109 mana
40 lmc, 45 hci, 40 dci, 100 DI, 35 ssi, 40 EP

Only really expensive piece is the ranger cloak, rest of it is faction arty or imbued. And if you wanted to use a broadsword instead of long sword, you could skip the ranger cloak and use quiver of infinity and then your DCI balances out which is probably what I will do on shards I rarely play.

Downside, it uses spirit of totem so no HLD on your slayer weps. And only 40 DCI, which should be plenty. Also no skill increase on the ring, so parry ends at 75 which is still enough for the 300 skill point mana discount.

Cost

Going the longsword route, I estimate this can be put together for ~25 mil, with most of the cost being in fort powder and ranger cloak.

Going the broadsword route, can easily be done for 10 mil.

Those prices are assuming you're already scrolled, farm some stuff, get a good deal on everything you don't farm, and craft it yourself.

If anyone is interested in the economical suit layout shoot me a PM.