• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My newest Sampire

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
***EDITED*** Updated first pic to show new skills and new stats. All broadswords below have been replaced with identical longswords, and have added elemental slayer longswords to the arsenal. For anyone who doubts that my build is THE best Sampire... I challenge anyone to beat my time with any one character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAzvS9GflJg&feature=youtu.be

***Continue with original post***

Built this on the premise of chain AIs, and it actually works. Only exception of course is if I get mana drained.

40 LMC, 45 HCI, 45 DCI, 100 DI, 35 SSI (cap w/ all weps shown below), 50 EP,

Things I know that are "flaws":

Amor POFd to 160-170 (I play all east coast servers, the chances of me actually breaking any peice on any one server from overusage is slim to none)
Gloves aren't POFd at all (my bad)
Boots could be 4 int (will get some as I farm spawns)

Otherwise... see below.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With that set up and armor, do you find yourself needing to use potions, particularly for healing (weapons do not have spell channelling and so using close wounds would require disarming and I see no Life Leech on them either) ?

I take it that Necromancy plays a big part in getting enough Mana back to chain Armor Ignore since Woodland armor is non-med, and there is no Meditation nor Focus available and no Mana Regen mods.

Yes, you have some Lower Mana Cost and Mana Increase but still....

Anyways, very nice that it works.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With that set up and armor, do you find yourself needing to use potions, particularly for healing (weapons do not have spell channelling and so using close wounds would require disarming and I see no Life Leech on them either) ?

I take it that Necromancy plays a big part in getting enough Mana back to chain Armor Ignore since Woodland armor is non-med, and there is no Meditation nor Focus available and no Mana Regen mods.

I dont know where to start with this post.

But what i will say Lynk knows more about any templates then you do about making posts.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll field this one.

Answer to your question is "No". And you need to study up on chivalry.

Answer to your "I take it" is you are wrong.

And yes, it is nice.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chivalry.........

Closewoonds.............

Spellchan..........

Lol.......

Lol.........

I just spat my coffee over my keyboard.....

You never fail to amuse me poops :wall:

Thunderz

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll field this one.

Answer to your question is "No". And you need to study up on chivalry.

Answer to your "I take it" is you are wrong.

And yes, it is nice.

Well, I guess he needs a way to heal-self right ??

Now, usually a Sampire "leeches" health through the weapon.

The weapons show no Life Leech. Only Mana and Stamina.

Now, Necromancy can provide Mana back but not much life. Sure, Horrific Beast can give a little HPR but not enough to withstand a heavy duty fight. Lich Form and Wraith Form can help with Mana regen, not life. Vampiric Embrace grants immunity to poison and a little 20% life drain though at quite a cost (-25% fire resist etc.) and I am not sure that with it alone it can keep one alive when fighting high end MoBs.

That is why I thought about the use of potions as Vampiric Embrace alone and not being able to really use Close Wounds, seemed not enough to bring in the health needed to stay alive. As in regards to your reference to study up Chivalry more, you mean all he needs his 65 points for, is for Enemy of One and perhaps Consecrate Weapon, period ??

If I am wrong about my assumption with Necromancy and the gains of Mana, this means that you think he gains Mana entirely through the weapons' Leeches and health through Necromancy ?? A mere 20% life Drain from Vampiric Embrace and no other healing ways is enough to stay alive even in high end fights ??

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Well, I guess he needs a way to heal-self right ??

Now, usually a Sampire "leeches" health through the weapon.

The weapons show no Life Leech. Only Mana and Stamina.

Now, Necromancy can provide Mana back but not much life. Sure, Horrific Beast can give a little HPR but not enough to withstand a heavy duty fight. Lich Form and Wraith Form can help with Mana regen, not life. Vampiric Embrace grants immunity to poison and a little 20% life drain though at quite a cost (-25% fire resist etc.) and I am not sure that with it alone it can keep one alive when fighting high end MoBs.

That is why I thought about the use of potions as Vampiric Embrace alone and not being able to really use Close Wounds, seemed not enough to bring in the health needed to stay alive. As in regards to your reference to study up Chivalry more, you mean all he needs his 65 points for, is for Enemy of One and perhaps Consecrate Weapon, period ??

If I am wrong about my assumption with Necromancy and the gains of Mana, this means that you think he gains Mana entirely through the weapons' Leeches and health through Necromancy ?? A mere 20% life Drain from Vampiric Embrace and no other healing ways is enough to stay alive even in high end fights ??
This isn't an accurate understanding of sampires. With the necromancy spell "vampiric embrace," a sampire leeches damage regardless of whether there is any leech life on his/her weapon. This is why it is important for sampires to have mana and stamina leech on their weapons, but not leech life.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps you need to get with the times. Sampires have been the main go to PvM char for the last few years and now with imbuing they are the top level killer(though the latest generation of gargs is catching up).

The 20% life leech is normally enough to tank most MoBs that one would face and if you need a boost curse weapon will fill you up for the rest. I don't run any pots on my guy but you can clearly see the massive advantage that the below set up gets with the 452 total stat after chugging. I guess in a pinch one can chug a heal pot but it is not something that you will need to do often, stam pots might be used more though. The picture of him AIing the demon shows 159 damage so if he's recieving 20% back its 31.8 HP returned every 1.25 seconds, hard to die with that going on.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arachnid slayer with hit poison area.. what a newb :p.

Think i have an exceptional 100% poison radiant scimitar somewhere with HLA on it and DI if you ever need something like that.

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arachnid slayer with hit poison area.. what a newb :p.

Think i have an exceptional 100% poison radiant scimitar somewhere with HLA on it and DI if you ever need something like that.

Agreed! :twak:

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much mana do you find yourself needing to balance out not getting a good sized mana leech every time from an AI hit to maintain chain AI's?

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and this is just my opinion, but go fencing and use leaf blades it's the same base damage as a broad sword. Less SSI needed so you get better leeches and feint. Then just remove hit area/lower DI and add on UBWS for the scimitars.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leafblade base damage is not same as broadsword.

I prefer hit area on spawning weps.. makes a huge difference. That spawn that you guys stole from me yesterday on GL, I was just testing the effectivess. I ran into a group of 5 dragons and 4 ophid avengers. 3 whirlwinds and they all died because hit area kept going off. I don't think I got below 70 HP doing that spawn until you guys ganked the **** out of me.

I also went swords because at some point I may switch my stat points around and put 25 more points in dex and drop in int, and use Longswords which have 15-16 base dmg.

Next one I do is gonna be using hammer pick. But that one is much more expensive to build. The good thing about investing in sampires is you always get your gold back.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much mana do you find yourself needing to balance out not getting a good sized mana leech every time from an AI hit to maintain chain AI's?
That is very tough to gauge, but 142 might be a little overkill.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Very nice suit... the only thing I'd do different is possibly swapping out the Quiver for either a Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation or a Shadow Cloak for the extra regens, of course that kills 5 DCI though. Of course that's all preferences. Let us know how it does on some heavy duty mobs.

puni666

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is very tough to gauge, but 142 might be a little overkill.
Yeah, I was thinking 90's MAYBE 100, but even that might be to much. Not like I need much stam on a 4/6 fencing version of the character though :/.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
As in regards to your reference to study up Chivalry more, you mean all he needs his 65 points for, is for Enemy of One and perhaps Consecrate Weapon, period ??
What he meant by that was that unlike Magery, spells from Chivalry doesn´t automatically disarm you.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Lynk -- are your stats in the above pic with pots?

I use swordsmanship for my Stone Form Mystic Dexxer for the same reason. Radiant Scimitars for whirlwind and broadswords for AI. You can also do something similar with black staffs and war axes with a mace fighter.

-OBSIDIAN-

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk -- are your stats in the above pic with pots?

I use swordsmanship for my Stone Form Mystic Dexxer for the same reason. Radiant Scimitars for whirlwind and broadswords for AI. You can also do something similar with black staffs and war axes with a mace fighter.

-OBSIDIAN-
Yep, with pots. Thats why I chose swords. Was gonna go macing - but can't chug to keep sweet stats like that with a staff in my hands.

I go through about 20 str/dex per champ spawn. Worth it.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Gotcha. I'm working on a mace fighting Wammy right now for spawning. I've got him setup with 10 SSI on the suit (Turquoise Ring & Augmentation Cloak). So with the Forged Metal Tool, I am enhancing all of my blackstaffs with Ash (gets me to next swing speed tier at 20 SSI). Makes for some pretty sweet 6 mod staffs. I'm using War Axes with 25 SSI for the AI weapon to battle the champs.

-OBSIDIAN-

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotcha. I'm working on a mace fighting Wammy right now for spawning. I've got him setup with 10 SSI on the suit (Turquoise Ring & Augmentation Cloak). So with the Forged Metal Tool, I am enhancing all of my blackstaffs with Ash (gets me to next swing speed tier at 20 SSI). Makes for some pretty sweet 6 mod staffs. I'm using War Axes with 25 SSI for the AI weapon to battle the champs.

-OBSIDIAN-
Good call on the staff enhancing.. I never thought of that.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, with pots. Thats why I chose swords. Was gonna go macing - but can't chug to keep sweet stats like that with a staff in my hands.

I go through about 20 str/dex per champ spawn. Worth it.
I'm impressed. How many turquoise did you have to burn through for that?

Earlier you referenced being more expensive with macing - were you planning to wear a ranger's cloak and tinker legs?

Are you only chugging the str/dex pots when you get into the higher levels of the spawn? Can you estimate the average amount of time you spend on each level of the spawn?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm impressed. How many turquoise did you have to burn through for that?

Earlier you referenced being more expensive with macing - were you planning to wear a ranger's cloak and tinker legs?

Are you only chugging the str/dex pots when you get into the higher levels of the spawn? Can you estimate the average amount of time you spend on each level of the spawn?
Didn't burn any turquoise actually. I had a friend who was burning some and he wanted to do ssi/hci/dci/di/ep. I asked him if I could look through his bag of rejects when he was done. Found 2 that had a skill in a skill group that was part of my build, and I bought them off of him at a very reasonable price.

Yes - with Macing I was going to go the hammer pick route and needed to hit 55 SSI with Ranger Cloak and Tinker Legs. Then in order to max out all the other mods I wanted, I would need a conj garb and tangle. In the end, with that suit, my HPI ended up at 20 instead of 25. All other mods were equal to the suit you see above. But the AIs with a hammer pick come in at ~200. The cost of that suit would have been roughly 160 mil (assuming bought all ingredients/items at fair market value).

The suit that I made ended up at around 75 mil, but cheaper for me since I farmed most of the ingreds myself.

I usually chugged the whole time to keep stats up. As for time it takes to do a spawn... kind of depends on the spawn.

I usually do Rikki's so .. 15 minutes for level 1 (the snakes move so slow). Probly 10 minutes for level 2. About 5 minutes combined for level 3 and 4 (advancing spawn once 4th hits). Rikki goes down pretty fast, ~ 6 minutes.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk-any comment on the post I was asking about the verite weapons? Was this just a choice to make them with that or is there another reason? I'm just looking for options for weapons down the road...thanks for any insight.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk-any comment on the post I was asking about the verite weapons? Was this just a choice to make them with that or is there another reason? I'm just looking for options for weapons down the road...thanks for any insight.
I honestly don't remember why.. I remembered Verite was good for one of the champ spawns but couldn't pinpoint it. I use consecrate all the time when whirlwinding anyways, but wanted something for when I was vamped, etc.

After I made the other slayers, the only pof'd up weaps left were the verite ones and I hadn't made arachnid yet so I used em.

Bronze would probly be better for arachnid than verite, mainly because of the psn eles in the arachnid spawn.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I set up a spread sheet a while back and averaged out every champ such as to make the best weapons I could and came to see that either fire or cold were best for the spiders....hence my question.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I set up a spread sheet a while back and averaged out every champ such as to make the best weapons I could and came to see that either fire or cold were best for the spiders....hence my question.
I never thought about mapping the resists out in a spreadsheet and taking the averages. Good idea :thumbup:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Any chance you'd share that spreadsheet? Maybe toss it up on Google docs.

I always thought the best for each spawn were:

Undead - Fire
Vermin - Fire
Demon - Cold
Arachnid - Fire
Reptile - Cold

I never saw energy, poison, or physical being the best for the whole spawn.

-OBSIDIAN-

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Phys
fire
cold
poison
energy
Rikki spawn
85 45
85 40
35 36.6
85 53.5
85 35.8
Neira spawn
28 43.75
40 27.5
55 56.25
35 46.25
25 37.75
Semidar spawn
25 55.25
55 52.5
25 22.5
25 35
15 37.5
Mephitis spawn
78 51.25
65 30
65 32.5
100 85
65 37.5
Corgul Navery
92 55
86 45
94 65
80 100
81 70

Best I could do without some silly effort, I am sure you can copy and paste....My master spreadsheet has all my guys suits with stats, regens, resists, dci, hci, lmc etc....chug bonus. For some reason I just assumed that everyone had done the same...lol.

My information was taken from UO Stratics - Hunter's Guide - Welcome! or Ultima Online Gameplay Guide - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killer set-up. Congrats.

1) is having the ep set-up a personal preference or do you feel that it is a must?
One drawback seems to be the lack of nice props from an equipped shield? Some of the shields now are insane. Can ofc drop shield to chug but if machine-gunning reds I would think it would be an issue? Or does your stam leech keep you near enough to max so that it isnt an issue? Even against the big hitters with a slower wep?
I was thinking if you drop the EP you would be able to get 2 more max mods on jewels plus leave shield on to maximize its props.
You have no healing and must be near max hpi so getting the Dex/bandie/hpi bonus from blues & whites seems less of a factor.

2) do you think you could be as effective if you switched in healing for parry? with or without the EP. I am wondering if the bandie damage healed balances out the loss of parry plus adds the huge bonus of curing poison (orange petal delay can be an issue with constant poison?)
plus this would also still allow for shield to be equipped for the props.

3) lastly, do you think you could tweak skills to add healing to this template?
use killer +10 chiv shield plus replace the EP on each jewel with +15 healing would get you 40 healing right off the bat. Lower anat to 90(maybe swap in a 10 di woodland pc to make up most anat di)and now you are at 70 healing. Find 10 more healing(not easy but very doable I think)and now you would be 90 anat/80 healing. I believe that is at level to cure poison?

Btw, I am not trying to critique your template at all. It is killer. I am just a bandage junkie so would like to get input before I waste my time lol.

Ty in advance

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If he wears a shield, the only benefit to the parry skill points are to skills like Evasion. He'll parry far more with either a one handed weapon and no shield or a two handed weapon that he will with a one handed + shield due to the 120 bushido.

As for stats, he's at max resists and has 45DCI/45HCI/100DI from the suit already. What additional stats are you thinking a shield should give him?

The build would work just fine with 91 healing instead of parrying. You'll take more damage, but can cure poison not handled by vamp form. Individual preference will determine which is better for which player.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Killer set-up. Congrats.

1) is having the ep set-up a personal preference or do you feel that it is a must?
One drawback seems to be the lack of nice props from an equipped shield? Some of the shields now are insane. Can ofc drop shield to chug but if machine-gunning reds I would think it would be an issue? Or does your stam leech keep you near enough to max so that it isnt an issue? Even against the big hitters with a slower wep?
I was thinking if you drop the EP you would be able to get 2 more max mods on jewels plus leave shield on to maximize its props.
You have no healing and must be near max hpi so getting the Dex/bandie/hpi bonus from blues & whites seems less of a factor.
I can't think of any other mods I'd want. In fact, on the last piece I made (gloves) I had an extra mod. It was either have 69 poison, or imbue psn resist and have like 90 poison. Shield would also kill my pary and ability to chug. Huge benefit from STR/DEX. 40 point heal pots.

2) do you think you could be as effective if you switched in healing for parry? with or without the EP. I am wondering if the bandie damage healed balances out the loss of parry plus adds the huge bonus of curing poison (orange petal delay can be an issue with constant poison?)
plus this would also still allow for shield to be equipped for the props.
No, because Parry counts towards the mana discount on special moves. The template is designed around non-stop AI. Adding 5 mana to the first, and 10 to consecutive AIs would basically kill my template.

I'm leaching back 30 hit points every 1.25 seconds. I'm not sure a poultry 40-60 heal points every 4 seconds from a bandie is going to make my template.

Again, I'm maxed out in every relevant property. What property can I benefit from whilst wielding a shield? The only property I can think of would be soul charge in which generates mana based on damage received but Mana isn't a problem for me presently.

3) lastly, do you think you could tweak skills to add healing to this template?
use killer +10 chiv shield plus replace the EP on each jewel with +15 healing would get you 40 healing right off the bat. Lower anat to 90(maybe swap in a 10 di woodland pc to make up most anat di)and now you are at 70 healing. Find 10 more healing(not easy but very doable I think)and now you would be 90 anat/80 healing. I believe that is at level to cure poison?
I don't know that I would want to add healing. By lowering anatomy I'm lowering the amount of damage dealt by an AI, which in turn decreases the leeched mana back. Remember, the whole idea is to chain AI. Can't really add in a woodland piece to make up for anat dmg.. since I'm already at 100 DI.

Even at 90/80 there is a chance to fail.

In the end.. it all ties back to personal preference....

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If he wears a shield, the only benefit to the parry skill points are to skills like Evasion. He'll parry far more with either a one handed weapon and no shield or a two handed weapon that he will with a one handed + shield due to the 120 bushido.

As for stats, he's at max resists and has 45DCI/45HCI/100DI from the suit already. What additional stats are you thinking a shield should give him?

The build would work just fine with 91 healing instead of parrying. You'll take more damage, but can cure poison not handled by vamp form. Individual preference will determine which is better for which player.

1) pretty sure that new shield has +10 chiv, 1/1 casting,hci,dci,resists(or somrhting close to this) huge helpful properties

2) can always use more 16 more mana in jewels after dropping the EP.

3) you are right about parry but im sure the extra bit he parries would not be an overall factor. and evasion can be pretty huge i think.

Again, I wasnt trying to critique his set-up. He knows far more about Sampires then I will ever know. I just wanted feedback on what I think would be a great tweak before I waste my time :)

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) pretty sure that new shield has +10 chiv, 1/1 casting,hci,dci,resists(or somrhting close to this) huge helpful properties

2) can always use more 16 more mana in jewels after dropping the EP.

3) you are right about parry but im sure the extra bit he parries would not be an overall factor. and evasion can be pretty huge i think.

Again, I wasnt trying to critique his set-up. He knows far more about Sampires then I will ever know. I just wanted feedback on what I think would be a great tweak before I waste my time :)
The shield wouldn't really add to a decent sampire set up other then the +10 chiv. Most Sampires don't do much casting, hci/dci is maxed and resist is maxed.

The amount of stats you would give up from the +50 EP is not a worth while trade off for the gain in 16 mana. I think the EP gives around 35 extra stat from the dex/stp pots.

You can cast evasion with a one handed weapon and have it work, I do it all the time. I parry alot with 100 parry on my sampire though I have resist instead of anat so I hit for a slightly reduced amount.

Jimmy Pop

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parry over healing? Or do you have 91 Healing on a stone and swap between Parry, Healing and Resist as required?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Parry over healing? Or do you have 91 Healing on a stone and swap between Parry, Healing and Resist as required?
It's all in the OP. I don't swap skills at any point, it is what is is.

N

NoBuddy

Pardon my woodland armor ignorance, but to get those resists on the pieces like they are, is it made with reg wood, imbued, then enhanced with a colored wood, or are they just made out of the colored wood and enhanced? Looked like some of the resists went above imbue cap, but again, im not all too familiar with all this yet.

Next question....why is Stam @ 160? I believe he stated that is with pots, but it was my understanding that stam/SSI works in 30pt intervals. Granted, it appears Lynk is only using 1h weps, at a max wep speed of 3.25, but would it not be better to work @ 150 or 180 Stam and adjust wep SSI accordingly, if needed? Is the 30pt interval on SSI accurate?

Lastly, why the leafblade? Just as your all-around AI/non-slayer wep? Can't evade with UBWS wep, right? Why not a Broad or Longsword?

I'm looking to get educated.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You make a regular woodland piece first, imbue it with which mods/resists you want and then enhance. Sometimes you hit for the same resist as you imbued other times note.

I don't know about the stam, I just max it out on my chars and go from there.

I think he was showing the leafblade as its crafted and not imbued. I can't recall if you can use the feint from it with UBWS as when I need feint I use Dashio...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pardon my woodland armor ignorance, but to get those resists on the pieces like they are, is it made with reg wood, imbued, then enhanced with a colored wood, or are they just made out of the colored wood and enhanced? Looked like some of the resists went above imbue cap, but again, im not all too familiar with all this yet.

Next question....why is Stam @ 160? I believe he stated that is with pots, but it was my understanding that stam/SSI works in 30pt intervals. Granted, it appears Lynk is only using 1h weps, at a max wep speed of 3.25, but would it not be better to work @ 150 or 180 Stam and adjust wep SSI accordingly, if needed? Is the 30pt interval on SSI accurate?

Lastly, why the leafblade? Just as your all-around AI/non-slayer wep? Can't evade with UBWS wep, right? Why not a Broad or Longsword?

I'm looking to get educated.
Yes - crafted regular wood. Imbue. Then enhance to get over resist imbue caps.

Stam at 160, I need 150 to swing max w/ my weapons in their current state. I went with 160 to allow for a little stam loss from movement or damage.

Leafblade, I just like it because it is sweet and I use that on mobs with no slayer type. No I can't evade but I don't find that I really use evade all that much anyways. I prefer the leafblade over broad for non slayer types because I need the 10 swings to hit perfection before my AIs start leeching so I like to feint.

N

NoBuddy

And there is a risk of losing the piece when enhancing, yes? There's a tool or something that gives 100% chance to enhance, is there not?

HCI is a random property of heartwood, as is DI....that's alot of RNG reliance for those pieces, it would seem. Am I missing something?

Feint you can use, but evasion you can not use with UBWS.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And there is a risk of losing the piece when enhancing, yes? There's a tool or something that gives 100% chance to enhance, is there not?

HCI is a random property of heartwood, as is DI....that's alot of RNG reliance for those pieces, it would seem. Am I missing something?

Feint you can use, but evasion you can not use with UBWS.
Yes you can break the item, I think that is talked about in this thread. The item that gives 100% is talked about also.

It is freaking hard to get the HCI/DI to hit for the piece but worth it in the end...

N

NoBuddy

Yes you can break the item, I think that is talked about in this thread. The item that gives 100% is talked about also.

It is freaking hard to get the HCI/DI to hit for the piece but worth it in the end...
Damn, so you just take a chance making the piece til you get what you need from enhance. That could get expensive with all those imbues and forged tool usages.

Think this suit could be made without post-imbue enhances? Make straight from Heartwood to hci/di/stat desire, then imbue. Seems you are only pushing a couple pieces past imbue cap.

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are the non-resist imbue counts on his gear
gorget - 4
chest -4
arms - 3
leg - 3
gloves - 4

To get the 85 fire resist, you'll need to imbue a minimum of 4 pieces (which assumes 13 as the fire resist on the non-imbued piece), but if you went with the same LMC and stat imbues as Lynk you would only have 2 resist imbues available as the HCI or DI would count as a property against your 5.

So, to answer the question, it's possible to craft from HW and then imbue your suit, but you have to sacrifice either stats, properties, or resists to do it.