• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

What games are you currently playing and what titles are you looking forward to?

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Generally, what's up in gaming?
What's popular, what's going to be the next hype (or not)?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I was really into the Free-2-Play FPS Combat Arms before school started picking up. When things slow down, I expect to return.

I'm also interested to see what happens with Second Star Interactive, which is staffed by a few former Mythic developers, including the much-beloved Tim "Draconi" Cotten.

Otherwise, I haven't had much time to look. :(

W

Welbourn

Currently playing Star Ruler, looking forward to the port of Traveller to the iPhone.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm looking at indy games when im not playing UO/console stuff. I think I'm done trying these blockbuster hits that are severely underwhelming to me. There's a reason I still play the same game I played when I was 13(1997). No matter how boring it is, its still more entertaining than anything else out there.

Combat Arms was cool. Theres alot of glitch/hack issues with it. But I guess that comes with being an open source free game.

gamedev.net has become a favorite weekly stopping point for me. Lots of things there with promise, not to mention great programming/design minds running around.

Other than that I've gotten pretty big into Fantasy Football over the last few years. The labor issues with the NFL right now are exactly what brought me back to UO.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Combat Arms was cool. Theres alot of glitch/hack issues with it.
There really is. In the beginner servers, you can hardly join a game without 'em. Fortunately, most of them get found/banned before they reach the higher-level servers.

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Totally back into Second Life again. I run a theatre there (nearly 2 years old) and still play with cars and motorbikes.

Broom broom.

Reminds me... Must update my website...

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't really do MMOs anymore. I still play UO a few times a week/month, and keep all three of my accounts open, but mostly because I can't stand the thought of losing my houses/all my stuff.

As for games coming out in the future/near future that I'm looking forward to, that's easy: Saints Row 3, TESV:Skyrim, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

And possibly Mass Effect 3 whenever it comes out.

I just picked up a copy of DarkStar One: Broken Alliance for the 360, it's a port of a game I've owned for a while on Steam but hardly played. For $20, it's a great space combat/trading/RP game.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
My wife asked for a wii for Christmas. I've played Mario Kart with her a few times.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me, Skyrim doesn't look like it especially improves upon Oblivion. Graphically, it's a step forward, but in other respects (like mechanics) it looks like it will still be a step backwards from Morrowind, even if it improves on Oblivion.

Human Revolution fills me with sadness, since it got delayed until August :(

I prefer Freelancer to Darkstar One, mostly because Trent is far more tolerable to play than Kayron.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lately I've been playing the Vietnam expansion for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. And I'm really looking forward to Portal 2.

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have had hundreds of emails this last few weeks informing me my Rift account has been hacked. I am gutted :( I haven't even signed up for it yet :(

*gives a cheesey boom tish* >.>

I

iceyballz

I have had hundreds of emails this last few weeks informing me my Rift account has been hacked. I am gutted :( I haven't even signed up for it yet :(

*gives a cheesey boom tish* >.>
Thas wierd I have never had one of those

A

AdrianaLima

Currently I am playing God Of War3 and i was going to purchase Devil May Cry3...!!

I

iceyballz

Quick update on my last post. *Was* playing Rift haha, got bac into WoW with a friend. Anyone else here happen to play and be on Twisted Nether? :)

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get my "omg your account is banned!!!1oneoneone" mails from Blizzard these days.
I get them for WoW and Aion.
I haven't played WoW in years, and it was on the Euro version, and I've never played Aion :(

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Currently Playing: Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Halo: Reach, Team Fortress 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction, APB: Reloaded.

Future games I am looking forward to: The new Tomb Raider game, Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City, Battlefield 3(!), Gears of War 3, whatever Bungie is making next, Half Life 2: Episode 3 (whenever that happens), Guild Wars 2, MGS: Rising.

Cyphex

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am currently playing EA's Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2: Bad Company 2, Bungies Halo PC, and Nexon's Combat Arms. And I have to say, I am definitely looking forward to Battlefield 3, along with MW3 (both for xbox.)

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I snagged a copy of New Vegas for $20 at GameStop. It's fun, but I knew it would be.

Deus Ex is getting closer...

A

astonix

I'm currently playing EVE Online, and CS:S. Always been a big fan of CS:S ever since it came out. Really looking forward to Battlefield 3 when it comes out. I prefer Battlefield's gameplay to the ever popular (yet dwindling popularity) CoD series.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a 12-minute gameplay trailer for Battlefield 3 floating around on the internet if you haven't seen it. I think I watched it on Kotaku but it should be up on youtube somewhere. The trailer focuses almost exclusively on the single player campaign with a very brief shot of the multiplayer at the very end. It all looks amazing and I can't wait to see what turns up at E3 next week.

Cyphex

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes, I have seen the gameplay trailer. Looks as though Battlefield 3 will be a win for EA! MW3 is looking at some strong competition!

A

astonix

I heard MW3 might have paid items in it which I really don't think will go down well. Might just be rumour though.

Cyphex

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
There is most definitely a lot of talk of MW3 Zombie portion being a "pay to play" game. I agree that if this is what CoD has decided to do, it will not go as planed.

A

astonix

DICE has been making digs at Activision about their Battlefield 3 extra services being free, so I think this rumour has some grounding to it if another developing company makes a comment on it.

Also, I feel compelled to let everyone know I'm playing Zelda: Ocarina of Time on a N64 Emulation - It's not stealing, I have the actual copy it and a N64 somewhere but only so many times can you blow in to the cartridges before it gets annoying.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I forgot to mention that the beta will be up and playable in September.

N

njwCSUS

I don't get excited for games very often. There are games I certainly want to get (Portal 2 for instance) but I can be patient for those.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is one of the few games upcoming that I really AM excited for. I haven't been looking forward to a game like this since I head about Okami when it was being teased in japan.

X

Xenome

Ultima Online! I can't wait for Garriot's new browser-based game, New Britannia, coming soon! Oh, and who could forget Diablo III!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't get excited for games very often. There are games I certainly want to get (Portal 2 for instance)
I highly recommend portal 2. For such a simple concept it's one of the most fun games I've played in awhile. It's addicting, funny and the voice acting is amazing. The sequence with J.K. Simmons is hilarious. He was the perfect choice for the part he plays.

I've been playing Portal 2 since it came out. It's taken me a while longer to complete than it should, but that's because I'm also working my way through Star Wars Lego: The Clone Wars and I'm still running around Assassins Creed: Brotherhood trying to get all the achievements.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I've been playing Team Fortress 2 over the past couple of days. It recently went free-2-play. Very fun game.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I bought this game called Amnesia: The Dark Descent during the Steam sale last week and I no longer own any socks because they've all been scared off. I'm not a particularly big horror or horror game fan but I've played many of the classic Resident Evil and Silent Hill games and Amnesia makes them all look like a trip to Disneyland by comparison. I've literally jumped, yelled, a trembled my way through each horrifying maze and puzzle so far and I'm to the point now where I have to think twice each time about loading it up of whether or not I'm in the mood for a good scare. This game is not for the weak of heart.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reminds me of the first time I played silent hill.

I was playing at night, in the dark, sitting 3 feet from the TV with the surround sound on. The beginning of the game where you're walking down a gravel road in the fog nearly made me crap my pants. I kept hearing these whispers on the sides and behind me and little feet running through the gravel.

I had to turn it off and wait until daylight to play more.

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I highly recommend portal 2. For such a simple concept it's one of the most fun games I've played in awhile. It's addicting, funny and the voice acting is amazing. The sequence with J.K. Simmons is hilarious. He was the perfect choice for the part he plays.
Portal 2 is 50% off at the moment.
The sale will last for about 22.5 hours from the time of this post.
The Steam store page for it is Save 50% on Portal 2 on Steam, and it even has a little countdown on it :)

D

Drizzet

Looking forward to GOW 3. GOW 1 and 2 were awesome but had a terrible connection online, hopefully that will improve. Most the videos are looking great especially the new horde. Would like to pick up Assassins Creed again as ive only played the 1st one. Out of touch with my xbox atm, but hope to get dirt 3 aswell.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would like to pick up Assassins Creed again as ive only played the 1st one. Out of touch with my xbox atm, but hope to get dirt 3 aswell.
The first AC was good, don't get me wrong. But compared to the next 2 games in the franchise (AC2 & AC:Brotherhood), it was lousy. They improved so much on the mechanics and general gameplay. The addition of multi-player was nice too. I'm dying waiting for Revelations to come out, when it finally does Stratics is going to have to find someone to cover for me, because I'll be MIA for a few days while I forgo food, sleep and human interaction and obsessively play my game.

W

Welbourn

Currently playing EVE, looking forward to the full release of Traveller-AR :)

I Kind of lost interest in Minecraft, although it sucked up a lot of my time for several months.

Triberius

Firefall Moderator | LotRO Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A little UO, a lot of LOTRO and here and there a bit of Flight Simulator X just for something different.

As to what I'm looking forward too....

Honestly Diablo III

Valfelan

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lots of LotRo, a few betas but not dedicated to those, i gave up on STO, just wasn't what they advertised, and still waiting to see if i get in the SWTOR beta

G

GuildElysium

MORTAL ONLINE!!!

It's unlike any other MMORPG game I've played. The graphics in the game is so beautiful. Watch current build of the game not old beta videos. It's a game that plays like UO and Elderscrolls, etc. If you like those games you'll like MO. Check our guild addy below and our site:

If you're a new player and interested in joining a mature and organized guild that focuses on pvp, pve, empire building, territory conquest, trade, diplomacy, war and community building, then join us - Elysium.

We're looking for mature players who enjoy playing mmo games, can work in a team setting and contribute to our guild/ community. You must have a mic/headset and Teamspeak. Apply now and become an Elysian!

Mortal Online MMORPG Video Links:
Video 1: Intro

Video 2: Mounts

Video 3: Territory Control

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am playing Guild Wars. Our guild went back to GW recently after leaving RIFT. WE all are waiting for Guild Wars 2 to come out. Projected release is Nov of 2011 but most of the community thinks the true release will be very early next year.

Guild Wars 2

Here are some videos of GW2 and check my sig I have the Asura that just came out.... Check youtube for more videos :)

[youtube]v0MzZyZ-ty8&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]3Q4V-ZpRbTk&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]_bpcsxIYTXw&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]MwRsMLj3AgI&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]xBC_ig73aMs&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]NzEqJAg8460[/youtube]

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
GW has been winning awards for years, I feel like, but I've never looked into it. I'll have to give it a try.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get GW pretty cheap now days on ebay lol. I bought my copy and expansions from there years ago. I started playing GW in 2007. The Eye of the North I bought directly from the NCsoft store when it came out. The only GW expansion I dont have is Prophecies.

They are still updating GW and will continue to have it running (still free to play) after the release of Guild Wars 2. So they will have 2 games running for free just have to buy the actual game. That is why I love the B2P model.

L

Live2Die

A little UO, a lot of LOTRO and here and there a bit of Flight Simulator X just for something different.

As to what I'm looking forward too....

Honestly Diablo III
My Diablo-fanatic brother would agree with you 100%. xD
Even after Starcraft 2 came out, he kept saying how much he can't wait for Diablo III. He might love the game so much that he buys his awesome brother a copy. ;D