• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Test Center Update - Publish 69 Available Today!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Few things...
Cleansing Winds is still pretty much the same.
You try DPing the mystic? Last time I tested that change, seemed significant to amount healed -- if it cured the DP.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm very concerned with this change.

As the owner of a player written book library, all shelves need to be set to "Anyone" as well as all books in that shelf. With this change, people can drop random items/books into my shelves, without my consent and without concern to the organization and setup of the library itself.

I'd have to max my lockdowns just to avoid someone sabotaging a library that is heavily used by the players on my shard.

Hopefully this change isn't implemented in the final publish.

On the same note, can we get more information on this change, as this could also potentially affect players with book/runebook libraries.
I highly doubt that a "heavily used player written book library" even exists.
You don't visit many RP communities I guess. Our city on Catskills has a building dedicated to player written materials, that has less than a few hundred lock down slots left available. The Em's have used it to learn about our shard's RP History. Its visited by both RP'ers and other players alike. This issue had caused nothing but hardship on the caretakers of Player Libraries for Runes and for Books.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
mostly wasted another pub...

who cares about the com base? got to have enough people to faction first.
ya make potionbottles weight dbl but dont do anything on the potiontimer for cure for DP
wow, for my 13 yrs i get a bourma mount. im so excited i just might shoot myself
spell plague still triggers the same if you dont have resist, so ya.. good call
nothing done to sleep?
can still cast on the run with this stuff on test. not good at all folks.

list is endless. they keep fixing the eye candy without healing its foundation.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
years are going to scream, but MY GOSH, shouldn't the people that have paid for THIS LONG get a reward that is COOL?

Seriously?

I hope there is some hidden trick to these Bouras...
enough said thank you very much!

Sargon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've subscribed for a hell of a long time, and I know that the people playing for like 3 years are going to scream, but MY GOSH, shouldn't the people that have paid for THIS LONG get a reward that is COOL?
Wait 'til next year. As a Cubs fan, I'm used to it.

C

Cloak&Dagger

mostly wasted another pub...

who cares about the com base? got to have enough people to faction first.
ya make potionbottles weight dbl but dont do anything on the potiontimer for cure for DP
wow, for my 13 yrs i get a bourma mount. im so excited i just might shoot myself
spell plague still triggers the same if you dont have resist, so ya.. good call
nothing done to sleep?
can still cast on the run with this stuff on test. not good at all folks.

list is endless. they keep fixing the eye candy without healing its foundation.
So you want to reward people for NOT using a skill?
Carrying less potions means less ability to cure, although I do not disagree with you here, poisoning is useless.
I have not been on test since they "updated" but the casting on the run is a pretty bad bug, (despite the fact that I would enjoy doing it).

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't visit many RP communities I guess. Our city on Catskills has a building dedicated to player written materials, that has less than a few hundred lock down slots left available. The Em's have used it to learn about our shard's RP History. Its visited by both RP'ers and other players alike. This issue had caused nothing but hardship on the caretakers of Player Libraries for Runes and for Books.

I run a book library and a rune library on GL, Halister Marner runs a book library on Atl... This change will definitely affect all of us negatively.

Who runs the library on Cats? I have a wiki devoted to UO books and events (not mechanics and stats like UO Guide), and it would be really cool if we could preserve the literature of multiple shards outside the game - in case something catastrophic happens to one or more libraries...

http://lofs.uorpc.net

I Play UO

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Can someone please explain to me how we went from completely nerfing death strike entirely to making it do 10 more damage than it used to? :coco:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've been sick so I'm not sure I am reading this right.
Armored Boura?
What is this and why do I want it?
Seriously guys what the hell. Out of all the creative juices we have left on the team THIS is the best you can do? Does it crap out boura pelts?

I was going to comment on the rest of this publish but it's pretty apparent that the people creating the "fun" aren't interested in what the people paying for the "fun" want.

/end whine

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll have to admit I have never been a fan of ethy mounts for rewards past anything else than functionality. They are just handy to have. But it would be hard to top house teleporters.

I've quietly had my fingers crossed for a token (usable by any age account) to entitle an account to hold a second house, be it on origin only or a different shard. But this is only one reward for the 13 year bracket. Maybe we will see more added next year.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Can someone please explain to me how we went from completely nerfing death strike entirely to making it do 10 more damage than it used to? :coco:
lol, good question I did not even catch that the first time I read it.

Edit: Also reduced the time it takes to do damage, I suppose this is to let people "try" to stand still and wait for the "reduced" damage? And I wish they would explain what they mean by "Increased damage scale based on Ninjitsu" is this to mean they widened the damage difference between having 85 Ninjitsu and 120?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cloak‡1870599 said:
lol, good question I did not even catch that the first time I read it.

Edit: Also reduced the time it takes to do damage, I suppose this is to let people "try" to stand still and wait for the "reduced" damage? And I wish they would explain what they mean by "Increased damage scale based on Ninjitsu" is this to mean they widened the damage difference between having 85 Ninjitsu and 120?
I dont have time to test this on TC yet but currently death strike damage works as the following (if I remember correctly). Full death strike damage is 40 (capped at 60) if you have 120 ninja/stealth and 100 hiding. 120 Ninja consist of 40% of the death strike damage, and 220 skill in hiding+stealth makes up the other 60%. I think they are making it so ninjitsu will accounts more than the 40% it does now. So basically ease up on the total skill points required to be able to deal out high DS damage. While lowing the cap from 60 to 50. 60 damage DS was possible and achieved EASILY by human 20 tracking (adds 12 dmg) + a 2nd stacked DS (adds 10dmg).

By lowering the delay from 5 to 3, it gives the victim a better chance to survive it. Possibly due to balance reasons.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who runs the library on Cats? I have a wiki devoted to UO books and events (not mechanics and stats like UO Guide), and it would be really cool if we could preserve the literature of multiple shards outside the game - in case something catastrophic happens to one or more libraries...
The United Pirates have a library and a rune library. I don't expect anything catastrophic to happen to it though. Just to be safe, I cleared the friends list of the house.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glad to know im not alone! Go cubbies!

Sadly I think I am alone in thinking boruas look cool.
No, you two have a third. I also am a Cubbie.

And now UO is punishing me as well.

RIP Santo.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You got the wrong picture G.v.P. You should refer to Star Wars Bantha.

-Lorax
Good point :) lol *goes back to Dagobah to commence training*

http://www.vesivus.com/swminis/SWU_030_Tusken_Raider_on_Bantha.htm

Apologies to the Universe

It is absolutely ridiculous to only give someone that has played this game for 13 plus years only ONE CHOICE and then let that choice be something that I have NEVER SEEN A PLAYER ASK FOR.... and outside of fan-boy GVP (just ribbing you bud! :eek:), NO ONE seems to like?!?!
lol np ... I don't know though, I think I would use the rugs, and I def like the metal dye tub ... in one way, maybe it sucks to get a 13th vet reward that only ... from my findings ... I like? lol ... but at least the other options are neat / unique in some way. talk about scalis fights up 1000% after pub hits! it's beginning to look like a MIB Christmas ...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing I want to add to the mix, when you reflect a spell it takes all of the mods from the caster, so you can't, for example, hold a slayer spellbook and reflect 2x damage. Not something I think should be changed but just something to save people time if they wanted to test that.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL - come next week everyone that can will be pimping around Luna bank on their Boura rides no matter what they p*ss & moan about here:)

Me, I'll be using my rewards on the rugs ...

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, sadly, the boura mounts will be a status symbol. And thats why they will be chosen.

Fortunately, 13 year vets are somewhat rare :lick:

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was my concern that if you were attacked by a mob with spells that the magic reflect would be removed along with the resist changes. So you are saying this will not happen then, sounds great to me. Otherwise I would have to redo my armour set and not use magic reflect on my sammy.

Hopes this is the case.
The resist change will not wear off. However, your physical resistance is capped at 60 when active. Therefore, with the proposed changes, magic reflect will be useless as a resistance mod.

Read my post above and show support for my idea!

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm supposed to ding 96 months if they ever FIX THE UPDATING SYSTEM. All I want is a weapon engraver and a metal dye tub.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if I communicated this poorly. I'm not implying that a place where players keep books that they have written in the game doesn't exist. I'm suggesting that it isn't heavily used.

Who the hell logs into an MMO to read crappy e-literature? Whoever does, needs to get a kindle for christmas.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry if I communicated this poorly. I'm not implying that a place where players keep books that they have written in the game. I'm suggesting that it isn't heavily used.

Who the hell logs into an MMO to read crappy e-literature? Whoever does, needs to get a kindle for christmas.
Says you. Everyone has their area of interest and this happens to be a big one for long time roleplayers who record their personal and shard history. If this publish negatively affects them it should be addressed.

Quit being mean :)

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently the devs also do not have time to worry about actual game play bugs either, if the fix is too hard. My Gargoyle Mace and Shield glasses are still broken, as the HLD, NEVER goes off, and there is that pesky little first miss, 99% of the time with throwing.

I never use a shield with my thrower, but last I knew, that too was messed up.
Gargoyle Mace and Shield glasses are fixed in publish 69. As for missing the first throw 99% of the time, this issue was resolved in a previous publish.

See you on TC :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thoughts on the pub..

LJ damage bump chance needs to be increased. 5% is too low.

Deathstrike. This is interesting, increase the damage by 25% but lower the timer. I used to be able to hit 75 damage death strikes if I double DSd and hit them with an omen before the 5th step. I may just have to rebuild that character. If the timer is down to 3 seconds, they only have to stand around for 2 swings. I think this is a good change.

Spellplague / netherbolt / arrow - thank god. SP will still have the possiblity of huge burst dmg, but not guaranteed. I'm so ****ing sick of sp/netherbolt/arrow.

Holiday items... couldn't care less I never use my tickets and claim anything anyways.

Vet rewards... couldn't care less I always pick soulstones anyways.

Com HQ - cool I guess, but no reason to defend towns so who cares.

Reflect - I really don't like this change, but then again I haven't tested the effectiveness. I only hope that without inscription something like an explode breaks reflect. It should only be effective with scribe (imo).

Cleansing - maybe needed a slight nerf.. the notes makes sense but I haven't tested.

A

Aboo

Will someone please tell this 13 year vet who should at this time know and not have to ask yet again, but when you log onto TC1 how do you get your Holiday Ticket? Used to be, I think, there was a gate someplace you needed to go through, once it was in Britain, then in New Haven, to make your char old enough to get the ticket. I kind of thought when it said "have gifts for characters from accounts that are more than 30 days old!" that would be a moot issue but I can't seem to figure out how to get the ticket.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, sadly, the boura mounts will be a status symbol. And thats why they will be chosen.

I'll have to transfer to GL just to go to Luna w/ one and find you ;PPP

Armored Boura?... Does it crap out boura pelts?
I approve of this functionality. Make it so devs!
lol that would be pretty preserve, be like a human coughing up skin.

T

Trebr Drab

I'll have to transfer to GL just to go to Luna w/ one and find you ;PPP

Armored Boura?... Does it crap out boura pelts?
I approve of this functionality. Make it so devs!
lol that would be pretty preserve, be like a human coughing up skin.
Combining all of the above, where's our "Ancient Human Skin Scrolls" made from 13 year vets?

T

Trebr Drab

Sorry if I communicated this poorly. I'm not implying that a place where players keep books that they have written in the game. I'm suggesting that it isn't heavily used.

Says you. Everyone has their area of interest and this happens to be a big one for long time roleplayers who record their personal and shard history. If this publish negatively affects them it should be addressed.

Quit being mean :)
Throwing in my support for player libraries. I haven't had the time for quite a while due to playing "keep up with the Jones' ", but I would love to be able to spend much more time on this. My own and others libraries.

C

Coppelia

I hate veteran system. When i wanted runebook dyes and would have had fun using it, I wasn't allowed. When I got the permission, I wasn't interrested anymore (a long time passed, my occupations changed). When I wanted to make a house deco with an ankh, I wasn't allowed. When I got the permission, several years later, I didn't care anymore. And so on.
I wouldn't have cared if i needed 10,000 wooden boards to craft it, I don't want thing falling from the sky. But the way the veteran system works is totally stupid.

So in conclusion : 13th year rewards are pathetic? That makes me laugh! :D
Seriously, do you really think it can be an incentive to a new player?
"Nice game, huh? And in only 13 years, you'll be able to have this or that!"
That's so ridiculous that it can only exist in UO. You combine that with deco items for sale in the cash shop instead of the crafting menus, and that make a giant sign with "Go play private shards!" written in blinking letters.

T

Trebr Drab

I hate veteran system. When i wanted runebook dyes and would have had fun using it, I wasn't allowed. When I got the permission, I wasn't interrested anymore (a long time passed, my occupations changed). When I wanted to make a house deco with an ankh, I wasn't allowed. When I got the permission, several years later, I didn't care anymore. And so on.
I wouldn't have cared if i needed 10,000 wooden boards to craft it, I don't want thing falling from the sky. But the way the veteran system works is totally stupid.

So in conclusion : 13th year rewards are pathetic? That makes me laugh! :D
Seriously, do you really think it can be an incentive to a new player?
"Nice game, huh? And in only 13 years, you'll be able to have this or that!"
That's so ridiculous that it can only exist in UO. You combine that with deco items for sale in the cash shop instead of the crafting menus, and that make a giant sign with "Go play private shards!" written in blinking letters.
I totally agree, and I've been saying this for years. I'm a 11+ year vet, although I started on day one but quit a couple of times to lose time. So it's not like I'm that far behind. It's not a personal standpoint thing for me. Heck, I voiced my complaint when this first came out.

There's a fairness factor involved. I don't like it for the same reason I don't like selling in-game things for cash.

But if they must insists on continuing with this, then let these things be gotten via the turn-ins. Let them cost a boatload, I don't care. Just make them available to everyone through game play.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coppelia and Trebr Drab I feel you miss the point... the incentive is not designed for the new players its designed to KEEP the old players... and honestly I don't feel the incentive is living up to that very well right now but so far its worked for me... I've kept my account open when I walk away sometimes for more then a year... Just so I don't get behind on vet rewards... That's why the system is in place for us dummies who feel like we might get something truly awesome someday for our loyalties... I'm rather disappointed in the lack of exploiting this on the devs part I think they should reward us not in a way that punishes the new player but in a way that well.. Rewards us... for sticking by through the good and the bad I was very disappointed when the retouching tool was fixed to allow everyone to use it. It was one of the few things that brought back the old days of Oh crap can I trust this guy to change the hue of my mount?! And honestly because of living through that most of us could have been trusted now that any one can have them the younger players that do... Haven't lived through that whole I need my armor repaired thing... so not all of them can be its much more of a guessing game. Any way I think the devs should reward us with things after all how much more money have we put into this system?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
LOL - come next week everyone that can will be pimping around Luna bank on their Boura rides no matter what they p*ss & moan about here:)

Me, I'll be using my rewards on the rugs ...
No, I don't think so.
I will probably use mine up on more teleport tiles. I had been saving them just in case something cooler came along.... but meh.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
after all how much more money have we put into this system?

I have 5 accounts active and those 5 do not get turned off.

The youngest of these is 3 years 4 months old, which I opened to place my museum on Catskills.

Just taking the oldest account into perspective, 160 months old or 13 years 4 months, the total money spent is around $2000 to keep that account up (not counting specific account upgrades, expansion packs, etc. which I have on all my accounts)

I do NOT think the vet rewards are about money I've put in. I think it is about saying, "Thanks for choosing us!" and "Thanks for not being sheep and playing WOW!".....

I took about 2 and a half years off after AOS, still payed, but played just about every day before that and after that.

So let's look at TIME put in versus MONEY put in, since the subscription fees should be looked at as part of the money that keeps the game going.

2 hours a day x 365 days/year x roughly 11 years = 8030 hours of game play. AT LEAST this amount...

THAT is the point. Every year you play you get a choice of rewards, that system is in place and isn't under debate. My argument is, there is CERTAINLY a difference in someone that has stuck with UO for so long versus someone that has only played for a short while.

Should we reward a player when they have reached 24 months of play?

Absolutely.

Should the rewards for the shorter lengths of play be of more in-game significance than the rewards for players that have been around for OVER A DECADE?

:yell:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You have 4 months on me Lykor.
Here are my two main accounts:

I also have accounts that are 33 months, 56 months, and 96 months.
Would be nice if there were something special for people who maintain multiple active accounts too.

PS. Note on that picture the "ribbon" actually came off the scroll on the Flutter picture. What would cause something like that?

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
13+ years for me as well. My impression of the 13 year vet rewards: Not.

One would think these kids could have taken a bit more time and actually put in something useful. Another ugly ethereal mount...come on kids. THINK.

Pretty lame, IMHO.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I just checked out the rewards on test and there is no boura so perhaps they are rethinking it.

C

canary

I just checked out the rewards on test and there is no boura so perhaps they are rethinking it.
I hope not. Toss my name in as another that thinks the boura mount is pretty cool. I'm not quite at 13 years yet, but it'll be nice to get when the time comes.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I hope not. Toss my name in as another that thinks the boura mount is pretty cool. I'm not quite at 13 years yet, but it'll be nice to get when the time comes.
Canary you just like to argue with me. :spider:

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some folks liked the Yugo too. It didn't change the bottom line that it was a piece of crap. Thank the gods for common sense winning out in the end.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could we get a character aging gate already so we can test the holiday gifts? I mean you already told us exactly what we're getting, and the art is all in there. It would be nice to voice any possible complaints during the time where something could actually be changed you know.

For example, your "christmas lights" look interesting in the art files, but look like they'll just end up feeling insanely disconnected unless the light sprites come attached to something else when you place them. Hovering blinking lights with nothing connecting them work well with magic, but not with holiday decorations.

And the "angel" looks nice, but how would it look in use? Not to mention will it even fit properly on top of one of the christmas trees since that's obviously what its intent is. And the angle of the rocking horse, just from the art, doesn't seem quite right.. it would be nice to be able to mess around with it in game so we could be sure if it is or isnt (did a nice job redoing the artwork for it though).

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope not because I might want one. I think boura are cute and always wished they were mounts. :) Instead of removing them, maybe the developers could add additional rewards for those that don't like the boura.