• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 69 - Partial notes

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idea for magic reflect:
Let it work as is now + the reflection charges but:
When you run out of charges, the spell will stay and mantain the resistances bonus without reflecting anymore. After 30 seconds (maybe more?) it will start to recharge slowly (like 1 charge every 2-5 seconds).
This should solve the problem :)

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idea for magic reflect:
When you run out of charges, the spell will stay and mantain the resistances bonus without reflecting anymore. After 30 seconds (maybe more?) it will start to recharge slowly (like 1 charge every 2-5 seconds).
This might work and I like it a helluva lot better then how it is on TC1 now. *claps*

W

Wojoe

Great changes, thank you EA.

Any chance to alter Bola's? Maybe a delay from when you dismount yourself untill the time it can be thrown?

The reason i ask this is some bad bad player's use a script that unmounts, throws bola, remounts. they never fail and never miss.

Also...

Any changes to special move spamming?

And...

Can Posion casters (Nox/Mages) Have the old 5% chance to LP somebody again?

Thanks Alot

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He was bringing up thieves because a pvp thief is a "stealth pvp character".

And I'm glad these changes don't affect passive reveal... I almost freaked out when I saw the notes :blushing: My job is hard enough as it is; I don't need to shadow jump everywhere too.
Thieves avoid PvP at all costs...

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idea for magic reflect:
There's no reason for magic reflect to alter resists if it's going to have a real purpose now.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great changes, thank you EA.

Any chance to alter Bola's? Maybe a delay from when you dismount yourself untill the time it can be thrown?

The reason i ask this is some bad bad player's use a script that unmounts, throws bola, remounts. they never fail and never miss.

Also...

Any changes to special move spamming?

And...

Can Posion casters (Nox/Mages) Have the old 5% chance to LP somebody again?

Thanks Alot
I Agree with this guy 100% especially with the nox mages... Except i'd also like something done about being able to cast a spell and drink a potion before the cursor comes up without even canceling the spell you were casting. Can something also be done about Cleanse wind to maybe not cure poison 100% of the time depending on the targets poisoning skill?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're aware of those issues. Please keep the thread discussion focused on what's live on TC1 right now. Thank you.
Can you please explain how nerve strike works now? I don't normally play a bushido dexxer, so I'm having trouble figuring out how it's changed.

Cleansing wind still needs to be messed with a little. It still seems to remove all curses/poisons/and heals for a rather large amount.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's no reason for magic reflect to alter resists if it's going to have a real purpose now.
So people who've been actively using it these past 13 years with gm inscription should just get a nerf and dont have a say about it?

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So people who've been actively using it these past 13 years with gm inscription should just get a nerf and dont have a say about it?
Ya because people use inscribe just for the magic reflect bonus...give me a break.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im actually trying to redo my template for when this publish comes out cause im tired of playing mystic personally... If there isn't anything done though to the cleanse wind it'll keep being the arch nemesis to all other mage templates. People will just go into prot and spam it. Before cursor comes up chug there Gheal or Gcure and heal themselves with cleanse. Maybe this suggestion will give other mage templates more of a fair chance. Make it so cleanse wind doesnt cure poison and just let it remove curses and heal? The curing added onto the healing is just OP when you figure in that players will use protection and potions at the same time.

I mean hell, it doesn't even sound like Magic Reflection will be worth anything if mystics are Purging it from you.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Idea for magic reflect:
Dude, just redo the suit, people like me are going to purge your magic reflect anyway.

N

Nastia Cross

Idea for magic reflect:
I agree with this idea. The way the Devs are proposing it will completely screw most if not all of my mage/lrc based suits.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is stoneform applying 20% DI correctly on TC1 now?

And pretty pwease dont go live with the changes to magic reflection, I dont mind the spells being reflected, but I do mind the magic reflection spell ending when out of reflection "charges", kinda screws peoples balanced resists, specially talking about Roleplayer mages here. *prayer*
Why dont they use one of the USELESS SPELLS (**Cough**ARCH PROTECTION**Cough**)

And make the "NEW" magic reflection that spell; or make arch protection into the resist for the "old" magic reflection buff?

That would be just great. Thanks =)

N

Nastia Cross

Idea for magic reflect:
Dude, just redo the suit, people like me are going to purge your magic reflect anyway.
How about, when you purge now I can just recast magic reflect. If the new changes go through, I will have to wait 30 seconds to recast.

They should either do they above like Pinco suggests, or switch the current magic reflect properties to another spell like Arch Protection.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either way this publish if it goes through with the changes that are listed there then as far as mages go it will definatelly be in favor of the mystic mage. Scribe will always be nice for the extra sdi but magic reflection sounds like it wont be used at all if its as easy to remove by just casting a purge spell on it.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to disappoint some of you, but myst mages will still be very competitive assuming what is active on TC right now doesn't change. Spell Plague is still deadly and Cleansing Winds still wipes out everything. Oh, and there's still these things called Purge Magic, Sleep, Hailstorm, Healing Stone, and Spell Trigger aka Insta-boulder.

If anything the biggest and best change which will hurt bad myst mages is the Magic Arrow/Nether Bolt spam which all too often follows Spell Plague. As of right now on TC anyway, you can no longer cast one right after the other - Way to go dev team!!! :thumbsup:
none of the other stuff matters to me, just have to run them out of heal stone interupt the cleansing winds.. rest of mystic spells you can deal with but the spell plague barrage and netherbolt magic arrow was stupid.

imho sleep needs looked at more, i dont think there has ever been a more unblanced spell. or atleast modified, if you dont resist it at 120 it still slows you for a few seconds.. long enough for a archer to get you ganked on foot etc. just think its too much. and it forces templates now. the way it is until the caster does a certain amount of damage it wont break, how is that fair to other templates?

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya because people use inscribe just for the magic reflect bonus...give me a break.
Hopefully youll have a long break.

And make the "NEW" magic reflection that spell; or make arch protection into the resist for the "old" magic reflection buff?

Yes theres a bunch of "unused" spells, would be nice to see some of them make a comeback such as this.

...but magic reflection sounds like it wont be used at all if its as easy to remove by just casting a purge spell on it.
I agree there.

I

ikaikaman

Active use of the detect hidden skill will prevent smoke bombs from re-hiding players once detected.

these is including "Invis Magic Items"?
If not,The PvP situation go from bad to worse.
I do not say the same thing again and again,old player have thousands of charges.Devs should pay attention these Old Items.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Newly tested in TC1

120 Ninja
120 Stealth
100 Hiding
100 Tracking
100 Detect Hidden

When death strike hits it does 2 damages, Top being direct dmg portion and bottom is the physical portion.

Again a guildie with all 70 resist.

1. No tracking, straight up death strike, victim to run 5 steps to set DS off.
Death Strike does (20+6)=26

2. Tracked victim for 2 screens, victim to run 5 steps to set DS off.
Death Strike does (30+9)=39

3. Tracked victim for around 10 screens victim to run 5 steps to set DS off.

Please do not reply to anything related to this post, OK.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Newly tested in TC1

120 Ninja
120 Stealth
100 Hiding
100 Tracking
100 Detect Hidden

When death strike hits it does 2 damages, Top being direct dmg portion and bottom is the physical portion.

Again a guildie with all 70 resist.

1. No tracking, straight up death strike, victim to run 5 steps to set DS off.
Death Strike does (20+6)=26

2. Tracked victim for 2 screens, victim to run 5 steps to set DS off.

3. Tracked victim for around 10 screens victim to run 5 steps to set DS off.

Please do not reply to anything related to this post, OK.
I'm replying anyway.....Deathstrike now sucks ballz.

EvilIan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I totally agree. Change Arch Protection into a spell that affects only yourself and increases your elemental resist at the expense of physical like magic reflect works right now.

Not only will a completely useless spell be made useful, but all the people who currently use RA/MR for resists will be happy.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Was on test center to review the changes and in Nerve strikes case I can't tell much of a difference. Forgive me for not noticing the change persay, however I was wondering if we can get clarification on what was changed and how it was intended to change.
Thanks and keep up the good work, it is very nice to see some pvp changes comming.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That or they could just leave the old spells at what they are and make the new spell reflection an ability you execute when you activly use the skill resist magic. Just like hiding taming or lore.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all of the proposed changes are great stuff. so you lose the old magic reflect bonus... you shouldn't be using that anyway cos people could always purge it and screw you over, change your suits and get over it.

I can't actually approve the changes until purge magic is made a magery spell, once this patch is released, no reason to ever play any template but mystic mage.

In the words of Roy Walker, "it's good, but it's not right"

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im mainly concerned for our (small, yes but still active) roleplaying community where we pvp in pre aos style. We use no arties and no runic crafted or otherwise magic gear.

Purge isnt such a big problem there since you can always just reapply magic reflect, no fc/fcr or lmc, you have to think out a tactic and know your template well.

But if it vanishes everytime it goes out of juice, and no reapplying for 30 seconds, it becomes a much much bigger issue. Mages who have gm scribe for the added spelldamage and resists from reactive armor coupled with magic resist would suffer greatly in rp.

I highly reccomend joining rp community on Europa btw, if you want to know how pvp was done pre aos its a good way to resemble that.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im mainly concerned for our (small, yes but still active) roleplaying community where we pvp in pre aos style. We use no arties and no runic crafted or otherwise magic gear.

Purge isnt such a big problem there since you can always just reapply magic reflect, no fc/fcr or lmc, you have to think out a tactic and know your template well.

But if it vanishes everytime it goes out of juice, and no reapplying for 30 seconds, it becomes a much much bigger issue. Mages who have gm scribe for the added spelldamage and resists from reactive armor coupled with magic resist would suffer greatly in rp.

I highly reccomend joining rp community on Europa btw, if you want to know how pvp was done pre aos its a good way to resemble that.
Go play a free server if you want Pre-Aos. Not our fault you have failed to move on 8 years later.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go play a free server if you want Pre-Aos. Not our fault you have failed to move on 8 years later.
Europa server would be empty and boring without the roleplayers. Me and a lot of other people would miss them. However, absolutly nobody would miss YOU on stratics. You never ever have to say anything that is constructive or helpful. You are just a troll, and a bad and boring species on top of that. And now flame me for my bad english please. :mf_prop:

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa server would be empty and boring without the roleplayers. Me and a lot of other people would miss them. However, absolutly nobody would miss YOU on stratics. You never ever have to say anything that is constructive or helpful. You are just a troll, and a bad and boring species on top of that. And now flame me for my bad english please. :mf_prop:
If roleplayers aren't boring and empty I don't know who is.

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you cant imagine any other reason other then our failure of moving on that keeps us roleplaying in UO, then I severely doubt you even have imagination, other then coming up with insults and spreading your filth on these forums. Maybe look up in a dictionary what RPG means, it is infact...what UO is.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I do not believe the resists bonuses are even neccesary now... imbueing....

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will magic reflect disappear from you completely when it procs? Will your resists go down as soon as someone casts a damaging spell on you with a 30 sec delay to recasting to fix your suits stats? This could be pretty irritating!

Bleak

UO Software Engineer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Updated Notes:

Ninjitsu
Death Strike:
Tweaked damage split (Direct/Physical) verses players. All damage over 35 direct damage will be treated as physical damage.

Throwing
Corrected throwing weapon DCI penalty for gargoyles with shields equip. At unmodified 120 Parry players will reduce the DCI penalty to 10%.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not believe the resists bonuses are even neccesary now... imbueing....
Magic reflection takes away 25 phys and gives 10 to each elemental resist. Believe it or not,this can give 1 or 2 additional imbuing slots on an imbued suit that you can use for something else than resists , and it seems a lot of people did use that trick. Doesnt matter on a pvm char at all if you can get purged out of it or not.

J

[JD]

Updated Notes:

Ninjitsu
Death Strike:
Tweaked damage split (Direct/Physical) verses players. All damage over 35 direct damage will be treated as physical damage.

Throwing
Corrected throwing weapon DCI penalty for gargoyles with shields equip. At unmodified 120 Parry players will reduce the DCI penalty to 10%.
is this a legitimate developer post or someone posting wishful thinking?

also has anyone tested to see if the stealth/hiding/smoke bomb change is only active detection SKILL use, or are we talking passive elf detection as well? i dont even have a stealther right now but would like to know.. t y

Daelomin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think you just nailed it down.

Rename the current "Magic reflection" to "Elemental Shield"

Change "Arch protection" to "Magic reflection" with new design.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Balancing a suit is super hard to do now a days. *Shakes Fist*.........
Not hard but expensive. I kinda feel bad for the people who've spent tens if not hundreds of millions to imbue a top-notch suit. Luckily I've only spent around 10-25mil per full suit I have.

J

[JD]

Thanks Billy

Glad they eased up a bit on the deathstrike nerf. I don't have a deathstriker but it's such an investment it should at least be better than AI

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plague - Does hit spell on weapons count as 'spell damage' to trigger this? What about nerve strike, since technically it is a 'bushido spell' (same with deathstrike).
Hit Spell does count. However, Hit Spell does not count as something that can be reflected by Magic Reflect spell, which is pretty lame. Seems inconsistent.

If devs are going to turn Magic Reflect back on, it should reflect weapon Hit Spell procs too.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hit Spell does count. However, Hit Spell does not count as something that can be reflected by Magic Reflect spell, which is pretty lame. Seems inconsistent.

If devs are going to turn Magic Reflect back on, it should reflect weapon Hit Spell procs too.
I was wondering about this too. Hit spells does proc spell plague so I thought "well cool I guess they ARE spells" then I tried to hit a target with magic reflect... no reflection... then my 13 yr UO experience just tells me "well this is UO nothing has to make sense".

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When are bandages going to be updated so they can once again fail in PVP? If I can be interrupted via a weapon hit casting...shouldn't bandages also fail via spell damage? You know...rock scissors paper?

Bandage failure has not taken place for a number of years due to the amount of damage needed being too high...thanks to increased elemental resists.

I hope you guys consider this.

Also, why deathstrike? There is more of an issue with nervestrike than there is with deathstrike in the field.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When are bandages going to be updated so they can once again fail in PVP? If I can be interrupted via a weapon hit casting...shouldn't bandages also fail via spell damage? You know...rock scissors paper?

Bandage failure has not taken place for a number of years due to the amount of damage needed being too high...thanks to increased elemental resists.

I hope you guys consider this.

Also, why deathstrike? There is more of an issue with nervestrike than there is with deathstrike in the field.
Spell damages do slip bandage healing. But only spell that hits hard enough everytime is anything bigger than an ebolt. The slip threshold is 19. At 4 sec bandaid, unless you cast something that deals more than 19 dmg in a hit, bandaid healing will out heal the dmg dealt from the majority damage spells.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not even use a ninja but I think you made that skill pointless. Thanks, I guess. But, to fix ninja, you need to fix other attributes about the skill such as smokebombing right next to an opponent or animal form not being able to be disrupted (why is this the only castable spell that cant be disrupted btw?)

As far as mystic goes. I think it will still need a nerf. Having multiple mystics all holding spell plagues (even with the reduced damage) will still be stupid. They need to make it where you cannot stack spell plagues. As far as cleansing winds goes, the heal should not be some godly heal for 5 people- removing curse, poison, and healing. If it does remove curse and poison, it should heal for like 15 damage. If it removes multiple curses and poison it should heal for close to nothing.

Why do you not look at upping the apple timer? That is one thing that is ruining this game. 15 seconds to remove EVERY curse you have on you? And how come apples remove all curses (oath,strangle,curse, omen, mortal) from a necro, but they only remove spell plague from a mystics target?