[Treasure Hunting] Documenting the details?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Can I ask you to help me document the new details to treasure hunting?

The kind of things I'm looking for:

What are the new guardians? are they by facet? and are they only different at level 6?
How many guardians, by level? I'm getting the impression level 6 spawn a variable number possibly between 4 and 7?
Are people recording the co-ordinates at which they find the new maps?

B

Ben Sherman

Just did 3 maps on test, details as follows.

Level 6 - Malas, 63.54N 28.32W
Guardians - Devourer of Souls x3, Rotting Corpse x1 (one of which dropped what appears to be a deco item "Playing Cards")
6 LP fails, message of "Gas escaping from chest" - reulted in 0 gold being in chest. Also a message of a "Grubber" spawning and stealing an item. Grubber runs off, almost like a vorpal bunny. You can kill said grubber to reclaim the stolen item (150-200 HP).

New loot:
1x Skeleton Key (10 charges)
1x Tasty Treat
1x Recipe (Rune Carving Knife)
1x Pardon (gold scroll, reduces murdercount by 1)

Artifcact bag containted alchemists bauble.

Spawns while looting the chest = Wanderer of the Void x4 (no loot?).

Actual loot items within in chest, nothin special.

Level 6 Ilsh, 52.23N 17.9W
Guardians - Exodus Minion x3, Gargoyle Destroyer x4, Titan x1 <- one of which dropped "Playing Cards"
3 LP fails, resulting in a "Grubber"
New Loot: Runed Sash of Warding (Sash with properties Spell damage ward / Brittle / 50 Charges)
1x Tasty Treat
1x Creeping Vine (deco?)
1x Lvl 6 map (Ilsh)

Artifact bag : Blazing Death
Spawns while looting chest : 1x Gargoyle Destroyer

Actual loot items within in chest, nothin special.

Lvl 6 Ilsh, 119.38N 65.36W (Really close to valor champ spawn)
Guardians : 3 Titans, 1 Gargoyle Destroyer, 2 Exodus Minions
1 LP fail, no special messages

1x Skeleton Key (10 charges)
1x Scroll of Alacrity (detect hidden)
Artifact bag : Alchemists Bauble

Spawns while looting : 1x Exodus Minion, 1x Titan
Actual loot items within in chest, nothin special

As a side note, all 3 chests spawned with exactly 19 of a random gem (ruby, tourmaline, etc) and 6 SA essences (again seemingly random). Maps 2&3 contained 30k gold, while map 1 was empty (i believe from the gas escaping message).

I did all 3 maps with a template of

110 Myst
110 Focus
90 Mage
90 Med
100 Cart
100 Mining
100 Lockpicking

and found them very straight forward. Actually having to deduce where the chest was, rather than just visiting a rune librabry wasnt a problem, and in all honesty took no longer than having to tab out etc.

So far, I am enjoying the changes :D

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. I've not seen the playing cards mentioned before. I suspect others haven't looted the guardians.

As for finding it. the n/s orientation difference between the radar and the map confuses the hell out of me. I'll maybe use the zoomable maps on Stratics to help me.

B

Ben Sherman

Just decoded a lvl 6 trammel map... its in the middle of the ocean.. Simpley a red pin in a blue map :p

Edit : Just decoded my other trammel maps on test.. only 6 but ALL are showing as a red pin in a blue map,i.e. middle of water.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Level 1 maps done for each facet. So far only ter mur had anything unusual in the guardians, clockwork scorpions.
consistent loot: 5k gold, 4 of the jeweler type gems, single stack. ie 4 amethysts or 4 diamonds etc. No special loot on guardians, alacrity scrolls, recipes and skeleton key obtained, so level 1s are worth doing.
started level 2s. consistent loot: 10k gold, 7 gems. 2 essence of (virtue)

B

Ben Sherman

Lvl 1 Ter Mur maps : Corrosive Slimes also spawn as guardians, otherwise all i've seen tallys with whats already on the page.

Lvl 5 Ter Mur : Lava Elementals, Fire Ants, Maddening Horrors. One guardian dropped "Vile Tentacles" never seen them before, possibley deco item.

Lvl 6 Tok : In addition to those you have listed already. Yomotsu Warriors and Yomotsu Priests.

Some of the locations could prove to be tricky for the weaker hunters, i.e. those most likely to do the level 1 and 2 maps. Had them right by rune beetle spawns, in the bake kitsunes woods, right by the big 3rd evolution demon things in ter mur etc.

B

Ben Sherman

Lvl 2 Tokuno : Gargoyles, orc Mages, Hell Hounds

Lvl 3 Tokuno : Fire Ele, Lich, Ogre Lord, Air Ele

Lvl 3 Ter Mur : Leather Wolf, Stone Slith, Toxic Slith

Lvl 3 Ilsh : Lich, Ogre Lord, Fire Ele, Air Ele

Lvl 4 Malas : Lich Lord, Elder Gazer, Dreadspider

Note: First time I've found a chest with none of the spcial loot. Lvl 4 had the gems/essences but nothing else of note aside from gold and the usual magic items (I.E. no treats/keys/scrolls etc.

B

Ben Sherman

Will do some more later, will mainly try to fill in the blanks on the page you linked Petra.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2003
Houston, TX
I received a message in a bottle in a level 2 chest. I fished it up but the prechest loot and the chest loot is the same as it always has been.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Any chance of a piccie of any special stuff you get?
I've added the skeleton key to the database, but that's the only thing I've gotten so far.

A

AlexWyatter

Level 4 Tokuno: Dread Spider, Lich Lord, Daemon, Elder Gazer, Ogre Lord
Level 5 Tokuno: Revenant Lion, Ronin, Rune Beetle
Level 4 TerMur: Kepetch, Stone Slith, Toxic Slith

A

AlexWyatter

Level 5 Malas - Wanderer Of The Void, Ravager
Level 5 Ilshenar - Poison Elemental, Gargoyle Destroyer, Gargoyle Enforcer, Dark Guardian

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Thank you, and welcome to Stratics.
One question. Are you sure the Dark Guardian was on the Ilshenar map, not the Malas one?

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2003
Houston, TX
I just had a devourer of souls on a level 5 Tokuno map. That seems out of place to me. I will try to keep detailed notes of the maps I do from now on.

Here are some notes so far:
Level 6 Trammel – balron (3), ancient wyrm, poison elemental
Level 5 Trammel - lich lord (3), elder gazer, blood elemental, poison elemental

Level 6 Ilshenar – titan (3), exodus minions (2), gargoyle destroyer
Level 5 Ilshenar - dark guardian, exodus overseer, gargoyle enforcer, poison elemental

Level 6 Malas – wander of the void (3), devourer of souls (2), rotting corpse
Level 5 Malas - lich lord, wander of the void (2), ravager (2)

Level 6 Tokuno - yomatsu warrior, yomatsu priest (2), oni (2), hiryu (2), rune beetle
Level 5 Tokuno - revenant lion (2), ronin (2), fan dancer, rune beetle

Level 6 Ter Mur - enraged earth elemental (2), greater poison elemental (3), lava elemental
Level 5 Ter Mur - maddening horror (3), fire ant

A

AlexWyatter

One question. Are you sure the Dark Guardian was on the Ilshenar map, not the Malas one?
Yes. I completed Ilshenar map near Spirituality moongate and killed 2 dark guardians from chest guardians spawn and 1-2 after looting the chest.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2003
Houston, TX
Level 4 Trammel - lich lord, elder gazer, daemon (2), ogre lord (2)
Level 4 Ilshenar - lich lord (2), ogre lord (3), elder gazer
Level 4 Malas - daemon (2), lich lord, elder gazer, dread spider
Level 4 Tokuno - lich lord (3), ogre lord (2)
Level 4 Ter Mur - bloodworm, kepetch (3)

Arradin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 25, 2004
Göteborg, Sweden
www.arradin.com
Petra,

I´m Definatly going to help you with this, once it hits production shards.
For various reasons, i don't play Test Center .. But once the real deal hits, i´ll help you with as many details as i can :)

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 25, 2010
Europa
I just added the number of items and reagent stacks for each chest on uoguide:

The number of magic items on a Level 1 chest is 32. For each additional level, the number of items increases by 8. So for a Level 3 chest its 48 and for a Level 6 chest its 72.

Level 1 maps give 3 stacks of reagents and the number of stacks increases by 1 for each additonal level. So for Level 6 maps, there are 8 stacks of reagents.

I opened all chests in Trammel, so these might change on other facets.

I also noticed two things:

The locations of Level 1 maps on Trammel seems to be not randomized. They are the exact same locations that can be found on rune libraries.

The location to dig can be found using an program as basic as Paint Brush. The exact location to dig is not under the red pin or the needle's end; its 4 pixels under the red pin's center and one pixel to the right and this always holds. Since these maps are 50% zoomed out, this pixel represents a 2x2 tile. But even without any mining skill, you can dig the chest from one tile away, so this is not a problem.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Thank you for that, I'll integrate it into the page

This information I found particularly interesting. I'll check it out so that I can include an image for better clarification.

The exact location to dig is not under the red pin or the needle's end; its 4 pixels under the red pin's center and one pixel to the right and this always holds.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 25, 2010
Europa
Not at all. I couldnt take a screenshot of the Grubber, seeing the most comedic creature I've ever seen in uo I forgot what I was doing there. I wonder where it is running. Is it disappear after a while or just hide on a remote location?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I peaced it so that I could take its picture and lore it, then I killed it to get the loot back :)

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 26, 2008
so umm what is the maximum number of guardians? yesterday we did 4 level 6 maps in trammela nd the first one started off with a bang.

we got 3 greater dragons, 2 anchient wyrms, 2 titans a blood elemental and a poison elemental.....yeesh...

now the other 3 only had 4 guardians each thank god.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Has anyone gotten any imbuing resource other than the various essences or abyssal cloth?

N

Nastia Cross

Can anyone confirm that the Guardians are actually dropping special items? We did about 10-15 maps last night and got zero special loot from guardians.

As for the imbuing ingredients, we only received essences and abyssal cloth.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
Since I am concentrating on lvl 1's (i should train my t-hunter more ... :D ), I found some more things, that werent mentioned yet. I randomly got from them:
- lvl 1 map
- lvl 2 map
- tasty treat
- mib
and already mentioned staff (magic items, gems, reagents: 3 stacks on lvl 1's, alacrity scrolls, skeleton key, heartwood quest/craft recipes: including rare ones)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Hardest spawn so far:

5 Ancient Wurms, 2 Greater Dragons, 1 Blood Elemental

Out of 20 chest, I've gotten 18 essance of order, 12 feeling, 12 balance... can't remember the rest, but there was a good number more.

I've yet to get anything from the guardians.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
Just got a pink Violet Courage from a level 6 chest-

G

GreekHero

Are the guardian greater dragons tamable? I am not running a tamer t-hunter and can solo up to lvl 5, cannot lore anyway. Anyone tested this?

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 10, 2004
Are there chances for Paragons in the Ilsh chests guardians?

Hendric

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 7, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I've gotten several maps from chests that were the same level as the chest dug up. Kind of interesting and didn't know that was the case!

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 22, 2008
Just wondering if the playing cards are dropping on guardians since we got the patch..? I know on test they were but I have yet to see any on the production shards...and is it only level 6 guardians they fall on.? Thanks in advance :)

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 25, 2010
Europa
I havent seen any playing card on the corpses after the second update of Publish 67. I was getting them frequently in TC1 before that final update so I guess they either removed it from the loot for the rare collectors who previously collected such an item or they reduced the drop rate (close to zero if I might add).

I also got a Level 6 map from a Level 5, then got a Level 5 map from the very Level 6 map I previously got. So it is possible to get a map one level lower from the chests.

I got two 0.5 Sots from the Level 5 and 6 maps in Felucca out of three maps and I think its not a very bad ratio.

Finally, I still continue to dig chests with 0 mining skill and I havent got any diffculty finding the locations yet.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I'm still tweaking the page ( Treasure Map Quests ) as more information becomes available. I have some questions, do you have any answers for me?

What's the lowest level you had a mib from?
What's the lowest level you had a vine from?
what's the lowest level you had a forged pardon from?
What's the lowest level you had a sash/shield/orb from?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 3, 2001
I got mibs and vines from lvl 1's. (But I am not shure about the mibs. I got a feeling that those might only appear on trammel/fel maps. Other have reported getting maps out of chests so often, that i would guess that mibs are taking up the same reward slot in chests as maps. Out of my around 100 lvl 1's I cant remember that i got a map and a mib from a chest.)

But another question.... :D
Has anyone done fel maps lately? I would like to know spawn rate, intensity and minimum map level for sots. (I would need to get an additional runebook set for my t-hunter then.)

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
I haven't gotten a fel map yet.