• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions Test Known Issues

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The following are known issues with the Factions system updates currently in testing as of 14 April 2010. Please see this post on this forum for details of Factions playtesting.

• Some faction items have no rank requirements. All faction items should at least require Rank 1, so they cannot be used by Deserters (Rank 0)
• There is some minor monster spawn in the Free Tradesmen stronghold
• Logging out on the elevators in the Guardian’s Legion stronghold will insta-log the player, assuming the player is not in combat
• Faction Guards’ names display the wrong faction
• Suicide by trapped box can be used to avoid giving Faction kill credit
• Duplicate faction vendor chests may appear in strongholds
• Faction warhorses do not work
• Leaderboards are missing information for non-guild players
• Negative score values
• Z-axis popping issues
• ability to shoot through floors in some places in the bases

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also scoreboard shows me in the faction "TB" instead of "GL"
Crusaders of Virtue (minax)
Free Tradesmen (council of mages)
Guardian's Legion (True Britannians)
You can check this out by looking on the stones in the bases under vote for leadership.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
• Faction warhorses do not work

In what capacity?

Also can we get riding swipe working properly on them? Pretty please? :thumbup1:

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Factions Test Score Issues

Due to some unforeseen problems with the faction scoring system, we're gonna have to take the Factions test center back internal for a time. There is a problem with the score system that is causing score numbers to become invalid. This manifests itself as scores showing as negative 2.1 billion in the user interface and the overhead score value bark from the "showscore" speech trigger. It will require a fair amount of development and testing time to get fixed.

Right now we are planning to leave the server open until tomorrow (Friday) morning. Even though the scoring and ranking system is un-testable in its current state, the new strongholds are playable, and we'd like for everyone to still be able to check those out.

We expect that we will not have the issue fixed and tested until early next week. Unfortunately this means we will miss the weekend window for public playtesting.

I will be posting more information about what the score system update is intended to accomplish, along with some details about how it works, before we re-open the Factions test shard.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phoenix, will this mandate a wipe? Just wondering what I should be investing in.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Shouldn't Logging in opposing faction bases be prohibited? Thus making it a bug....Although I know it is not posted in the faction changes or rules, it does seem like it would be a fairly unbalanced thing to allow, if the plan is to make the bases a centralized area for factions, and also if controlling the towns becomes a reason to be in factions again.

Z

Zara

Pheonix,

As for the war horses could you please give us some insight as to if there are any changes for these horses? What will be the colors for each new faction?

Please?

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*almost swears*

Well SHOOOOOT.... I was going to try to organize a defense of one of the bases this weekend. Hard to test the defendability/raidability if the shard is down... *sighs*...

*grins at Cardell*

:thumbup1:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*almost swears*

Well SHOOOOOT.... I was going to try to organize a defense of one of the bases this weekend. Hard to test the defendability/raidability if the shard is down... *sighs*...

*grins at Cardell*

:thumbup1:
lolz.. I love these forums.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From other threads common themes include (and Claok&Dagger of this Thread):

•Faction Enemies can log inside enemy bases
•Unable to exorcise ghosts from faction bases

S

Scratch

They have proposed making ghosts with no corpse removable from bases via the exorcism spell.
being able to sneak in as a ghost would serve purpose as it requires the use of a virtue skill and should be allowed

C

Cloak&Dagger

Were you not one of the advocates for having choke points? A serious question because I do not want to rummage through all the posts to find out, if so are you simply stating this because the other bases do not have one?