Atlantic History (People)

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Makuto, Tokuno Islands
Most Influential Atlanteans & Establishments:

Leiah of Leiah's Rune Library
Silver Dryad & West Yew University
Tiffric & Atlantic Mage Tower
Xanthar & Xanthyrella of Wintermoor
Goodman of Goodman's Library
Sakkarah
Draconi

More to follow.

C

Chaosy

Most Influential Atlanteans & Establishments:

Leiah of Leiah's Rune Library
Silver Dryad & West Yew University
Tiffric & Atlantic Mage Tower
Xanthar & Xanthyrella of Wintermoor
Sakkarah
Draconi

More to follow.
I concur. :)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
I am surprised that no one has mentioned Savanna, had superbly stocked vendors at spiritwood for many a year. Had everything you needed, at a good price, and always stocked.

Another along the same line, is Lady Winter, SE of the Yew Crypts in Fel, and then later moved to ice island trammel.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Detroit!
I'm upset that these knobjob vendor jockys got recognition, but the #1 Stratics reporting PK doesn't get ANY LUB!? I'm going to block all of your Felucca runes, DONE.

BEST PEOPLE ON ATLANTIC;
Quest/Wynn the woeful.
Tomas Bryce, my love who missed raids to restock his vendor.
Cear Dalben, one of the most underrated people on this server, what a mind!
Avenhar & Andrasta for trusting me to not get them killed, and as far as I know, never letting them get killed. :p
Draconi & Sakkarah, obviously for taking the love of this game to the next level!

& The rest I don't care, 90% of the rune libraries copied Goodman's and others, so you get no notice for plagiarism. :(

A

AdrianD

Ive seen a few names, but they bear being re-said. I'll be the first to admit, my circle of names is RP-Centric

Azalin, Founder and GM of the Order of the Ebon Skull - largest and most active "evil" RP guild on the shard for many years.

Smogg Azalin, Founder and GM of the Cult of Infernal Necromancy. Not as big, but just as influential in the early years.

GreyPawn, Moonglow Town Council. If you don't know of GreyPawn or what he's done, you don't RP on this shard.

Aleph Aeirs, GM and founder of of Heralds of the Awakening - If you want to see RPing where the virtues, as laid out by Garriot are stressed and really focused on, Aleph the HoA set the bar.

Dayel Stormcrow, First Lord Regent of Britannia (in the RP Community) - When a large consensus of players name someone as thier King, he's gotta be doing something right. To be one of a handful of players honored by Garriot in game was pretty cool too.

Zym Dragon - I don't know even where to begin with him. Taking new players under his wing, helping out people who are having issues IRL, and being a rock for the RP community for years... just an all around great person.

Goodman - I never actually met Goodman, that I can remember, but for the RP community, if you were lost, and needed to know how to get somewhere, EVERYONE carried a Goodman's rune.

Molly. Ever the willing victim, always available to new players as well as old schoolers, here is a woman that will do anything needed to get community interested. If I can describe her in one word: Engaging.

Grishnak. Da Mojo. *The* Orc. I had more fun hanging, partying and "clumping" with the Orcs than just about anything else. Most of my characters have been disposable. I keep my main (Dealthagar) and his man-servant (Sularis), but everyone else was deletable on a whim, mostly made for RP needs. Having him give me approval to make Gub-Gub, Son of Grishnak was one of the most memorable days in the game for me. Still a character I have.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Detroit!
I'm curious why people have mentioned Greypawn on here so much..every time I hear the name mentioned, or see him in game, it's followed by a trail of boo/hiss & tomatoes.. :(

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 18, 2004
I'm upset that these knobjob vendor jockys got recognition, but the #1 Stratics reporting PK doesn't get ANY LUB!? I'm going to block all of your Felucca runes, DONE.

BEST PEOPLE ON ATLANTIC;
Quest/Wynn the woeful.
Tomas Bryce, my love who missed raids to restock his vendor.
Cear Dalben, one of the most underrated people on this server, what a mind!
Avenhar & Andrasta for trusting me to not get them killed, and as far as I know, never letting them get killed. :p
Draconi & Sakkarah, obviously for taking the love of this game to the next level!

& The rest I don't care, 90% of the rune libraries copied Goodman's and others, so you get no notice for plagiarism. :(

I agree with you Noximos. We need more notorious PK'ers in the list!
You would be one..who would you suggest should also be included?
What great ones come to mind? The truly great duelers, the ones you really dreaded seeing come upon your screen. The ones with class, that would whack you then share a word or two, and maybe a suggestion on how to stand and maybe survive. Or the ones that you just plain hated to see because they were good at pvp, but just plain mean.

Block all the runes!...You blighter! Well I tend to use them only when I am in a hurry. More times then not I get distracted and just wander about. *sighs* But I have come across many a good battle that way..usually I stand back and watch and go....Woooooo!!! Running across a good faction fight can really get your blood pumping! And I have bumped into Shinobi a time or two. :eyes:
I've met many a good peeps in Felucca.

And although it is true some libraries may have started by copying Goodman's, a library is a living thing that is constantly updated. Even Goodman's. I am certain every book they contribute and every place they mark for the libraries are greatly appreciated. They are all important too.

P.S. *hugs* From all the knock-kneed vendor jockys everywhere Noxi! We lub you too!

But seriously. Who else from a pvp stand point would you add to the list?

A

Aleena of Scots

All of the people I'd like to see are on here already with a few exceptions: Grifty and Ryna McBegg, Mister McFeely, Tazar (I see you posting, but not sure if you were listed), Hunter Moon who regularly gives out free things to new people and old, Connor Graham, Cat Crimson, and Supawoohoo (did I spell it right?).

I also think Scarlet should be there. Do any PVPers remember how at Christmas, she would name characters like "Mrs. Claus," dress up in santa suits, go to moongates in Fel, and let people PK her? On her corpse, you'd find a Christmas card, cookies, and milk? --Priceless!

Put my vote in the column of Rachel, Andrasta, Aailia, Stuffa (I kept my pink dress and felt like it was the morning after prom, it had been abused so wrongly), Goodman, Molly, Sakkarah, Deadbob, Tang and Kero.

The people on this game is what makes coming on every day worth it.

A

AdrianD

I'm curious why people have mentioned Greypawn on here so much..every time I hear the name mentioned, or see him in game, it's followed by a trail of boo/hiss & tomatoes.. :(
Not me. I'm a fan of Grapey.

Honestly, I think some of it is sour grapes. The guy has been on the shard since the beginning, was heavily involved with keeping the history, and keeping to the lore of the game. He's never let his account lapse, never really been gone. The guy is a fixture, for better and for worse.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Makuto, Tokuno Islands
Most Feared & Influential PKS/Guilds

Plug & The Pluggers started out Anti PK & went PK
The Covetous Crew
The Mercs
AoD, Army of Darkness
Levan Meng & The Dread Alliance
Trinsic Borrowers

Mike Hunt
Maud'Dib
MegaDeth
Gaul
Remat

and of course the feared Noximos :fight:

A

AdrianD

Gaul
There's a name I had forgotten. He had a house on Dagger Isle, located almost perfectly between Caina to the north and Wintermoor to the south. (It was only a screen or so away from my second house on the isle)

I remember one night, a bunch of people decided to dog-pile on him and he just destroyed them, and after he killed them all he ran up to me, and said "Why aren't you trying to kill me?"

I said to him, "I suck. You'd kill me and I'd learn nothing. Better to watch."

He laughed and went back to killing them. He and I hung out from time to time after that, and he taught me what little I know about PvP (all pre-Trammel PvP)

Fun guy. Also kept me in cash, as I had the only reg vendor that was regularily stocked in Caina, so he was constantly buying me out.

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the Idea :)

And omg am I flattered to be mentioned in there a couple times.
:blushing:

Its going to be a huge project i can tell you that Vlad , so if you need anything and if time permits (wich atm i cannot even close to keep up in RL) let me know and i will be happy to help :)

T

Tazar

I love the Idea :)

And omg am I flattered to be mentioned in there a couple times.
:blushing:

Its going to be a huge project i can tell you that Vlad , so if you need anything and if time permits (wich atm i cannot even close to keep up in RL) let me know and i will be happy to help :)
Vlad lied - a bit. It's not a house, but the entry for the Luna Fairgrounds. The design is done and you can see the final result in the contest thread. :)

C

Chaosy

The Covetous Crew
The Mercs
AoD, Army of Darkness
Trinsic Borrowers

Mike Hunt
Maud'Dib
MegaDeth
Gaul
Remat

You only think Noxi is feared, but he is really quite bubbly on the inside.

Plug and Quickbeam were super quick back in the day!

You seemed to have forgotten the most well known PK guild from the late 90's: SSJ. Even though Gohan just had a bunch of blue healers following him in the lich lord room, there was no doubt they had some of the best players on the shard (and in UO) back then.

T

Tasslehoff

The Covetous Crew
The Mercs
AoD, Army of Darkness
Trinsic Borrowers

Mike Hunt
Maud'Dib
MegaDeth
Gaul
Remat

trinisic borrowers was prob the best borrower guild ever. i am not saying this cuz i was a long time member either=p
if u want to go further back ton was a good thief guild as well.

M

Mattitracks

Best borrower guild? Tass, we were the ONLY borrower guild. Remember, we were Borrowers, not thieves.

Also, that list should include. Balor (GM of the mercs.), Chrae (GM of Borrowers), Greybeard(The Butt Naked Avenger! GM of EiG), Campa(GM of OO. A CC offshoot if I remember correctly and one annoying *******!), Imperator, GM of the Empire. Mostly NPKs and jerks but nonetheless a force back in the day). Oz (GM of Beserk) and his buddy Blanel, Dr Ruckus (GM of KB), etc etc...

Others that should be included, but that I can't remember the names of are the GM's of CC, AoD, WK, and the Regulators.

Possibly the GMs of WOH and IC.

Oh and the gm of "EOWR" Metaphor I think his name was... He's on my list just because he had the funniest guild name of that era...

edit2: I also really want to include Magical Bubba. IB were an LS guild, but they did play atlantic abit... Most fun I ever had was running with them.

There's a lot of people I'd want to include, but don't because of being bias. I do believe a good number of the folks mentioned above belong in such a list if not only for creating guilds who are still remembered 12 years on. Only KB and Beserk were from later eras.

and sorry for the names of people I could not remember, it has been 12+yrs... Besides, I hated most of ya!

edit: oh and yeah, I guess plug deserves a spot on that list. Even though he was a ****er. I did enjoy the fights with them in the valley... Ahh, good times...

and just because I don't want to just talk about pvp guilds... the GM of the Trinsic Rangers, Leiah, oh and what was that guild based out of yew... They had a guild tag from that short period when you could have the guilds name and not an abv?

and let us not forget, the f---heads(lest we slip back into the year when the games RoC was rarely enforced, when we had guilds full of identical chars with names such as Fred, Bob, and Hitler. and Yes, that name highly offends me... Those dammed french freds!) [Honestly, I don't even remember if the heads played atlantic or not. I played on a few different shards back then, and like previously stated. It's been over 12 yrs and my memory is not getting better as the yrs go by.]

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 14, 2006
Who would have thought that joining guilds with a disguise kit on, and then scamming from your new guild mates (often by killing them while they are afk at bank) could make you part of Atlantic history. Amusing :)

J

jfkeach

I am sure that people have momentos they would donate to the cause. I know i have a wedding invitation for Elvira's wedding lockded down in my castle. I have a pair of sandal's AOS clothing from Lady Rachel, and no Rachel, I am not telling you how I got them :) King Sidhe Wears them, and thinks of you fondly ...

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 14, 2008
These people I will list is just a few I ran across and never asked or demanded anything from anyone.

Leiah of Leiah's Rune Library = she was one of a kind

Silver Dryad & West Yew University = someone who protected her students with a passion and so many allies to help her but still was no easy job. Glad to see people still remember her.

Atlantic Mage Tower = I never meet just one person, meet several of them and they was a great group

Xanthar & Xanthyrella of Wintermoor = Had something aroudn 32 accounts just to have the town and the musuem for people to visit.

Rainbow King = was big on rp and got on me hard eachtime I messed up but pretty much was a teacher along with renee and the few I will list after him

Gargish Dragon = Someone I looked up to & was a huge part of the Town of Yew

Perianwyr / Renee / Lillian Rune = The group at Serpent Cross Tavern that was there each and every night. I worked with them on Hendall many nights and still talk to them on the phone to this day.

Gish of the orcs

Dayel Stormcrow

Ce'Nedra Willow / Lady White Dove = those two used to do all sorts of plays around the shard. Those toke many hours to get them right and to make sure everyone would been there after changing the plays like snow white to make it work in the game.

Nika has been mentioned, he has been a great help and from what he said guess we inspired eachother to do more.
Smogg and Remi
Breti of Knights of Sosaria
Gwendoyln of KOS and Trinisic Town Council
Molly
Grimrick, founder of Britiania War Council
Windlord
and of coarse Lord British who was on Atlantic alot

All those names I mentioned, and sorry if I missed any are people I can say I trust as a friend in game and out. I could keep naming names but I think that bunch affected the server and more people from what I saw.

I shouldn't say this but I always get in trouble somehow so oh well..

I have delt with so many people in the past and they came to me for help when things get out of control. Some of it was problems of people forcing themselves on others, or threating them with whatever they could come with it. They was powermongers and out for thier own egos. Now for being the shady people they are, they still helped the shard and affected it in more positive ways than negitive. Some of those names have been listed already in other posts so no need to do again.

Goodluck with your house and please let us know where it is and when it will be done.

SunWolf
Town of Yew

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 14, 2008
I didn't see this name posted so I figure I will. Some people love her some hate her but Anna / Ishmeal (or whatever the elf name was) problay had shock things up on Atlantic more than anyone else I know and she lived in the game. Not all positive but still alot of good came out of her time in this game.

As for more Atlantic guilds of the past.
We had the UBB United Blacksmiths of Britainia which was many servers but thier home was on here

Atlantic had some huge taming guild aswell, I don't remember thier name. They traded, sold, gave away, trained, whatever anything that could been tamed for the shard.

Also we had the Conservitory of Bardic Arts

And you should for sure add Xena Dragon

Some of the pks I remember
Guild called AciD which not sure why no one mentioned them
and back in the day there was Bishop and Oshdon a couple that helped some and just owned others but I don't recall the guild they actualy ran

B

BranwenUO

One to add, that deserves a lot of credit. Ettin (Pogojoe), the guild leader of T4H for over 12 years on Atlantic did an excellent job.

G

GreyPawn

Almost a complete list! I have a recommendation or two.

Dragons of LLTS - Whatever your feelings are about The Syndicate, mass recruitment and book spam may be, Dragons spent considerable time and energy building up a power base for The Syndicate on Atlantic. The legacy of Arx Draconis is still with us today, and his impact is still felt.

Brimstone of The Lost Order of Akalabeth - Arguably the first of the first in roleplay guilds on the shard, the LOA Village was one of the original blessed establishments due to the community that sprang up around the guild. The very first time I met Lord British, it was because he had stopped by the LOA Village to pick a peach from one of their trees.

Ibn Shaun of Moonglow - The adventures of the malevolent [Physician] and his antics with the Atlantic Mage Tower were chronicled in the comic "Another Mad Tower". Ibn could be considered the first necromancer of the shard.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 14, 2006
The original poster made this thread because he wanted to make some type of famous people gallery in his Luna Faire Grounds submission. Considering the submissions were due quite some time ago, it would suffice to assume that he has already cherry picked the suggestions he agreed with from this thread (a long time ago). So, at this point, this thread has somewhat outlived its purpose.

It is my hope that the EM's don't entertain any such lists as they can never be complete or accurate considering the subjective nature of it.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oct 21, 2008
Baltimore, MD
taylorvsmith.com
The original poster made this thread because he wanted to make some type of famous people gallery in his Luna Faire Grounds submission. Considering the submissions were due quite some time ago, it would suffice to assume that he has already cherry picked the suggestions he agreed with from this thread (a long time ago). So, at this point, this thread has somewhat outlived its purpose.
The UOStratics Atlantic News Team plans to use this thread when building the Atlantic sidebar, so it is still useful to us. :)

T

Tazar

Aye... and once the news team is through gathering their information, I'll be merging this thread with the Stickied "Atlantic History" thread above since it seems very relevant. :)

While the list may not be complete, it will be open to future additions.

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Makuto, Tokuno Islands
Thank you very much Tazar. We appreciate you leaving it open.

Fallon is correct...we do have a purpose in mind for it in the future & sometimes it's just nice to reminisce with friends also.

Cheers!

MollyAtlantic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 6, 2008
www.atlanticcommunityboard.com
There is one name that I did not see here and I did see running around UO in my very young days. McManus. He later joined other shards but did imortalize us for the general public in his famous movies. Yes he was a red back then. Thanks for the fun!

I am truely honored that my name has been mentioned as an important part of the shard. I have been blessed for many years by all my friends new and old that I have met here.

There are so so many roleplayers that deserve mentioning here. Azalin, Smogg, Remi, Greypawn, Aleph Aiers, Azraelle Aiers, C'Nadra Willow, Martin Willow, Gromph, Silver Driad, Perinwyr and Lillianna Rune, Azrael Lu'Rael, Talon Skyfire, Shantel Moon and her mom Winter, Lord Oaks, Isk, Zacknafien, Anna, Grimrick, Dealthagar, Kotare, Acidbath, Seggellian, Miss Amy, Beowolf of Rivendell, Zymdragon, Scarab, Windlord, Rainbow King, Savhanna, Phoenix/Beleth, Ceinwyn ab'Arawn, Starfire, Sunwolf, geeze I could go on forever.

And the history keepers like Aalia, Halister Marner, Andrasta, Lady Rachel and so many more.

The Seers of old, Nicodemus, Oberon and so many more I can't remember their names.

Soar who tried to carry on the Seer's ideas when they were dispanded. I worked with him and with a few of you back then to try and keep it going.

And Draconi who has been a real shot in the arm for the Dev Team.

Thanks for this idea and though I am late, better late than never!

T

Tay M'real

There is one name that I did not see here and I did see running around UO in my very young days. McManus. He later joined other shards but did imortalize us for the general public in his famous movies. Yes he was a red back then. Thanks for the fun!

I am truely honored that my name has been mentioned as an important part of the shard. I have been blessed for many years by all my friends new and old that I have met here.

There are so so many roleplayers that deserve mentioning here. Azalin, Smogg, Remi, Greypawn, Aleph Aiers, Azraelle Aiers, C'Nadra Willow, Martin Willow, Gromph, Silver Driad, Perinwyr and Lillianna Rune, Azrael Lu'Rael, Talon Skyfire, Shantel Moon and her mom Winter, Lord Oaks, Isk, Zacknafien, Anna, Grimrick, Dealthagar, Kotare, Acidbath, Seggellian, Miss Amy, Beowolf of Rivendell, Zymdragon, Scarab, Windlord, Rainbow King, Savhanna, Phoenix/Beleth, Ceinwyn ab'Arawn, Starfire, Sunwolf, geeze I could go on forever.

And the history keepers like Aalia, Halister Marner, Andrasta, Lady Rachel and so many more.

The Seers of old, Nicodemus, Oberon and so many more I can't remember their names.

Soar who tried to carry on the Seer's ideas when they were dispanded. I worked with him and with a few of you back then to try and keep it going.

And Draconi who has been a real shot in the arm for the Dev Team.

Thanks for this idea and though I am late, better late than never!
How cow that brings back some memories

B

Bismarck4889

Lord Stuffa, I agree, as the "original" organizer of the "Royal Brittanian Guard" as a Player Run Guild, back when Lord Arathen Wudrin would call us out using Town Criers.....and also Lord Xanthar of Ice Isle of many years ago.....I once saw an online photo of all the computers he had set up to manage his 40+ accounts.....most impressive.

Just my suggestions Lord Llama King. :)

S

Satan-TB

I believe Juan Valdez should be mentioned. He was the original leader of the Trinsic Borrowers, and was a great thief. He fought for our borrowing rights as several people reported him in Deceit for 'harassment' (mass borrowing), and he was banned.

This caused quite an uproar with the thieving community and the guild.

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Florida
ThePhoenixDiary.com
"I'm upset that these knobjob vendor jockys got recognition, but the #1 Stratics reporting PK doesn't get ANY LUB!?"
- Lord Noximos

Nox is exactly right. :thumbup1:
I nominate the (highly dangerous) Moose Island Library, home to the only extant copy of "Lord Solor's Moose Guide to Noob Killing Action" runebook, where for years visitors have experienced thrills not unlike a bout of explosive diarrhea.
A rune to the (highly dangerous) Moose Island Library can be found in the mail box on the steps of the Book Store.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Parfait on Moose Island!

:cheerleader:

Let's see..hmm..hanging lanterns, maybe I can get Mongbat Puck to whip up some tiny sausage rolls. She's great at that. Party hats!..we will need plenty of party hats. Do Moose like Mistletoe? I have plenty of those.
Oh yes! Ale...lots and lots of ale.

I hope it snows. We can build forts and have snowball fights. Is there enough kindling there for campfires? We can warm up some egg nog. Don't let Tazar get near it though or he will spike it.

So much to do!!!..
*runs off*

DeadBob

Ancient Alien
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Florida
ThePhoenixDiary.com
Good idea, Rachel.
We could throw in a Moose Nugget Hunt: Drop little brown bags inscribed, MOOSE NUGGET, with prizes inside, all over the island.
I'm sure we'd enjoy the protection of Nox's Moose Mounties.:lol:

B

Bunkamania

None of the old merchants got any love.

What about...

Mista Vista
Blue Demon
MacGyver
Jags
Jester
Palpatine

I'm sure there were many more i forgot.