• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP Tourney Results

• Thread starter Eyes of Origin
  • Start date
  • Watchers 3
E

Eyes of Origin

We had quite the gathering for the PvP Event. I was impressed that so many players showed up to show their support for the event.
EM Lillimu and EM Cyno Razik didn't waste anytime explaining the rules and getting the matches started.

Match 1
Xiled Delinquent vs Melee - Winner was Xiled Delinquent

Match 2
ZinJin vs Fostinator - Winner was ZinJin
Unfortunately, I am missing the screenshots for this match. As soon as I get the screenies from EM Lillimu I will update this match :( sorry guys.

Match 3
Chad rules go me vs Sweet Teen - Winner was Chad

Match 4
Wargasm vs Ironclad - Winner was Ironclad

And I have to point out Wargasm should get some kind of award for most creative weapon lol

Match 5
Epitaph vs Star Scream - Winner was Star Scream

Match 6
Alik Starbow vs Magic Johnson(Min) - Winner was Magic Johnson

Match 7
Joe Boxxer vs Steelnuts - After fighting for 10 minutes it was decided by the EM's that the Winner was Joe Boxxer

Match 8
Lambo vs Rand Al - This match also went on for 10 mins and it was decided that Rand was the Winner.

Match 9
Waldo vs KillerPug - Winner was KillerPug

SEMI FINALS

Match 1
Xiled Delinquent vs ZinJin - Winner was ZinJin

Match 2
Chad rules go me vs Ironclad - Winner was Chad

Match 3
Star Scream vs Magic Johnson - Winner was Star Scream

Match 4
Joe Boxxer vs Rand Al - No clear winner in this one due to complications with events surrounding the tourney at that moment.

Due to the acts of a couple guilds the EM's had no choice but to cancel the Tourney. :( Hopefully the next one will go better. EM Lillimu declared almost all of the Semi Finalists as Winners of the Event and said they will have their names displayed at the PvP Hall.

Thank You EM Lillimu and EM Cyno Razik for the event and to the players who competed.

M

mutau

WOW. Thanks for covering the event and awesome job on the pics.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes , Eyes.. Great Report! If you are applying to be a news reporter I will vouche for you.

5/5 Great report and screenshots. Well done. :thumbup:

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The EMs are a bunch of slanderous tools.
Your the tool for letting your guild gank people its all your fault

next time we are going to take a vote on no FME/SON allowed in turneys

lets sign a petition!

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your the tool for letting your guild gank people its all your fault

next time we are going to take a vote on no FME/SON allowed in turneys

lets sign a petition!
Let us review the acts leading up to canceling of tournament.

Kyrite res killing Fostinator. It was regarded as an "accident." It wasn't an accident unless you're an idiot.

Marci X res killing Fostinator from the stands. Definitely not an accident.

Lambourghini accidentally does an area effect in house, causes many people to flag. EMs view it as an act of fighting.

Two FME members kill Rand Al Thor outside the house. (stay in the house and this won't happen!)

GOO tries to fight FME outside the house, four of them die I believe. Couple FME die as well.

Everything is at peace. The EMs have clearly stated that the tournament would be cancelled if anyone continues.

Low and behold, several FL members cast area effect, after area effect from the roof. They end up killing pretty much everyone there.

FME comes back and wipes them out.

EMs announce the tournament is canceled due to FME.

Looks to me as though you would want to blame FL or perhaps blame the initial wrong doer; Kyrite.

FME didn't start it, but they sure finished it.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all wrong buddy, the only one who died to you was ny/rand not four of us then Mixtape rolled two of your noobs 2v1 lol

lets not forget about me killing you with wither

classic

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all wrong buddy, the only one who died to you was ny/rand not four of us then Mixtape rolled two of your noobs 2v1 lol

lets not forget about me killing you with wither

classic
So the cats out of the bag. Set it off took part in ruining the event. Congratulations kiddo. I was afk and came back below half health. Good wither bro.

I would like to applaud Pacific for a night of hypocrisy and over all poor sportsmanship. Although I understand the desire to not want me to win. The only way to stop it was ruin the event. Good work!

R

Rand Al

Let us review the acts leading up to canceling of tournament.

Kyrite res killing Fostinator. It was regarded as an "accident." It wasn't an accident unless you're an idiot.

Marci X res killing Fostinator from the stands. Definitely not an accident.

Lambourghini accidentally does an area effect in house, causes many people to flag. EMs view it as an act of fighting.

Two FME members kill Rand Al Thor outside the house. (stay in the house and this won't happen!)

GOO tries to fight FME outside the house, four of them die I believe. Couple FME die as well.

Everything is at peace. The EMs have clearly stated that the tournament would be cancelled if anyone continues.

Low and behold, several FL members cast area effect, after area effect from the roof. They end up killing pretty much everyone there.

FME comes back and wipes them out.

EMs announce the tournament is canceled due to FME.

Looks to me as though you would want to blame FL or perhaps blame the initial wrong doer; Kyrite.

FME didn't start it, but they sure finished it.
umm yea i believe Marci x was wrong and yes he was banned.As for Kyrite i dunno if it was on purpose or not but go with your gut.
I was outside cause i had to leave the arena i was flagged on the guy i just fought (use a brain cell for this one) so i couldn't use the tellys there for i was on the steps waiting to unflag and boom fme dread mare gank shoulda known you all are poop shoots now.
As for the fl they just fought back from your guildys ganking as they passed.
When people passed from the tellys to the arena who was there trying to gank them o that would be fme/son.
So who really started it the guys ganking ppl as they passed from one area to the other or the ones that said **** it and fought the tools trying to gank participants?
Didn't most of fme get rolled by one guy then ran to brit?

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the cats out of the bag. Set it off took part in ruining the event. Congratulations kiddo. I was afk and came back below half health. Good wither bro.

I would like to applaud Pacific for a night of hypocrisy and over all poor sportsmanship. Although I understand the desire to not want me to win. The only way to stop it was ruin the event. Good work!
Props for the duel between you and Ironclad..

Sword Tactics Mage vs. 4/6 Bushido Parry Sword...

At least I believe that's Clad's Temp.

Good stuff.

E

Eyes of Origin

and then people wonder why no one takes much interest in these event thingies ... :confused:
Theres obviously a lot of people interested. Believe it or not, there were a few blues there too, non pvper type blues :p They were there to watch and support their community. Yes, they probably lost a little insurance, along with the rest of us when the antics of a few ruined everything, but at least they showed up.
The EM's have a good start on what to do next time to make it better for everyone involved. It looks like this could be great for everyone, pvpers and non pvpers alike, once the small things are fixed. It might take another tourney or two to figure out what will work best, but lets just see what happens.

S

SUPRsalad

If you ask me, and I wasn't in town for this,
its the EM's fault by default. . If they don't have the ability to
keep things under control, they probably shouldn't do it at all. . .
I can't really say what it would take to actually GET it under control,
Im just saying:

crawl. down. there. and. fix IT!

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unless they are able to make the spectator area a no cast zone of some sort..or make it so there is some sort of consequence for disrupting the tourny..

we didnt disrupt anything till it was provoked..i was attacked in the house and then once outside i left house i was chased through the jhelom gate where i was met by a FME grinder...

Also the EMs need a better understanding of pvp in general..i honestly didnt expect to win anything but should i have to fight a dexxer using the create food bug? the EMs just said they will make a note of it and page a GM to watch..maybe that should have been done ahead of time?

S

SUPRsalad

If they're allowing people to use their gimp temps, the reasonable thing to do would be to use your gimp temp.. We all know how THAT would go:

BOOOOOOOOring..

so yeah, they should keep it mage v mage, gimp v gimp. . (and do the mage fights first so we don't have to stand around and watch the gimp fights, which strangely, always tend to look like two monkeys trying to screw a football for a half-hour or more.)

E

Eyes of Origin

Well, a no cast zone on the upper levels would be nice.
Also, if you leave the house, you shouldnt be allowed back in, unless its for certain reasons, like losing connection. If you leave to go fight another person outside the tourney, then you would be out of luck and not allowed back in =/
We have suggestions going on in the other thread as well.

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
didnt really mind fighting gimp template, thats what i expected going in..just didnt expect the create food bug to be allowed..the EMs didnt even know what he was doing till i explained it to them..

R

Rumpelstiltskin

to be honest winner or no winner that tourny was a lot of fun

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the end, I agree with Gemma. Ultimately, the EMs should be able to have some sort of control. However, I didn't appreciate them placing the blame solely on FME?.

It was fun though. It's not everyday someone gets to watch a grand magician such as myself decapitate people and not suffer the same fate soon there after!

G

Gellor

From listening, they could have done several things to prevent this from happening:
  1. Remote no recall/mark/gate zone - this prevents people from showing up that shouldn't be there.
  2. Boot people from the area after ONE warning - um... yeah... I "accidentally" hit this spell THEN targeted a person.

This tourney does prove without a doubt why people don't care to PvP: people can't act like adults for even 10 minutes.:thumbdown:

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the end, I agree with Gemma. Ultimately, the EMs should be able to have some sort of control. However, I didn't appreciate them placing the blame solely on FME?.

It was fun though. It's not everyday someone gets to watch a grand magician such as myself decapitate people and not suffer the same fate soon there after!
Yeah , I was there for a majority of the time.. There was a lot of Guild Tags causing major problems.. It was a great ass tourney until people got out of hand but that WILL happen EVERYTIME if the EMs don't have the ability to make sure people spectating in the house can't flag or cast on each other...

I give kudos to everybody who fought yesterday , was some great great fights and I had a lot of fun watching... Sadly I was 15 minutes late of registration...

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the end, I was banned from the house from telling EM Cyno whateverhisnameis that he was a terrible EM...among other things.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be barred from the rest of the pvp events for some of the comments I made. Ah well, I think the only way to have a successful tournament is for players to host it.

I will host one of my own if there is enough interest.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there is a respectable buy in, and winners get money, people will behave so they don't get booted and lose their entry fee.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be really simple actually. Zero tolerance, if you break a rule you are banned from building and disqualified. Get rid of the bad eggs immediately. If it was to much for one EM to handle maybe they should have dbled up on this one.

E

Eyes of Origin

They were doubled up on this one. EM Lillimu and EM Cyno were both there

**Edit** I agree about the buy in and gold prizes though. I've seen the difference between a player ran pvp event with gold prizes vs EM ran tournies. =/

G

Gellor

I will host one of my own if there is enough interest.
This event showed there was enough interest. However, by your own admission, you were part of the problem that got it canceled.:thumbdown:

If there is a respectable buy in, and winners get money, people will behave so they don't get booted and lose their entry fee.
I highly doubt that a big buy in would solve the issue due to the way some act in our PvP community:thumbdown: There is always going to be someone there who will pass around where the tourney is being held just to get it interrupted.

You also run into the issue of limiting who will show up for such a tourney. Some people can't afford what you would consider a reasonable entry fee. Others just want to give it a go but know they have almost know chance... so they don't want to throw away gold at it. If I wasn't working on getting a third backup char, I probably would have shown up at the EM tourney. I would have gotten wiped out but no big deal. If I have to put 1M+, no chance in hell I'll show up beyond spectator.

Plus, there is the whole ensuring the thing is hosted impartially. Both in terms of what is being allowed and what actions will be taken. As shown by how this event was ruined, I can think of very few people in the Pac PvP community I would trust to be impartial.:thumbdown:

I think EM's hosting it is still the best bet. I'm hoping they learned from this event. I'm hoping they host it at a no recall zone and get brutal with the rules.

J

Joy-ElF

I also took some screenshots. The link to my gallery is below:
http://www.pacificrp.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=257&g2_page=1

Cyno and Lillimu deserve some credit for at least attempting to host a PvP event, despite it ending badly. Pacific isn't their home shard, and it's probably difficult to pair people up for battles if you've only met them in passing.

I don't think just one guild deserves the blame for disturbing the peace either. I know I was attacked personally by two different ones. Got some good screenshots while I lived though! :thumbup:

Wargasm11

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i would hope pairing for battles wasnt an issue as i would only assume it was random?

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This event showed there was enough interest. However, by your own admission, you were part of the problem that got it canceled.:thumbdown:

I highly doubt that a big buy in would solve the issue due to the way some act in our PvP community:thumbdown: There is always going to be someone there who will pass around where the tourney is being held just to get it interrupted.

You also run into the issue of limiting who will show up for such a tourney. Some people can't afford what you would consider a reasonable entry fee. Others just want to give it a go but know they have almost know chance... so they don't want to throw away gold at it. If I wasn't working on getting a third backup char, I probably would have shown up at the EM tourney. I would have gotten wiped out but no big deal. If I have to put 1M+, no chance in hell I'll show up beyond spectator.

Plus, there is the whole ensuring the thing is hosted impartially. Both in terms of what is being allowed and what actions will be taken. As shown by how this event was ruined, I can think of very few people in the Pac PvP community I would trust to be impartial.:thumbdown:

I think EM's hosting it is still the best bet. I'm hoping they learned from this event. I'm hoping they host it at a no recall zone and get brutal with the rules.
You must be one dense headed tool if you think I caused any issues. I never once left the stands to do anything aside from fight in the arena. You have no room to talk seeing as you were not even there. So please stop speaking, unless of course spoken to...and even then, do so with restraint. Nobody finds you of any intelligence. Now I'm sure you're going to use your "sweet board admin powers" to delete this and ban me, simply because this is the one place where you have an ounce of power.

Now that being said, I'm not nearly as dim witted as the EMs...It isn't difficult to host a tournament and stop chaos from breaking out while inside.

B

Budweiser KDL

You must be one dense headed tool if you think I caused any issues. I never once left the stands to do anything aside from fight in the arena. You have no room to talk seeing as you were not even there. So please stop speaking, unless of course spoken to...and even then, do so with restraint. Nobody finds you of any intelligence. Now I'm sure you're going to use your "sweet board admin powers" to delete this and ban me, simply because this is the one place where you have an ounce of power.

Now that being said, I'm not nearly as dim witted as the EMs...It isn't difficult to host a tournament and stop chaos from breaking out while inside.
Are you not the GM of FME? Weird.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you not the GM of FME? Weird.
Uo.com may say I'm the Guild Master, but that means nothing. My guild functions as a unit. Everyone is an equal member, including myself. I don't make any executive decisions, nor does anyone else. I have no say in what my guild does or does not do. I fail to see how anyone can solely blame FME. Clearly, the hate for our superior skill blinds most of you.

E

Eyes of Origin

Sometimes having a guild who has no clear leader to say, "Hey knock it off" can be an issue. Sometimes, for the sake of everyone, someone needs to crack the whip.

I dont blame just one guild for last nights fiasco. There were a couple involved. I dont need to name which ones, they know who they were.
Maybe next time there's an event like this all the guilds will show some restraint and act appropriately, until after the event. =/

About doing a buy in, I agree with Gellor. Some people just dont have the gold to do a buy in. I dont think gold should have to be an incentive to make people behave like adults, but if it will help, maybe there are some people on shard who would be willing to sponsor the tourney and donate gold to be given to the winners. *shrugs* never know, it might work.

**Edit*** Yay my title changed!! This is my first post as Shard Reporter rofl ok ok I know lame, sorry hehe

G

Gellor

What have you said that deserves an infraction or a ban? I see nothing but a well spoken disagreement in opinion. No resulting to personal attacks or name calling.:thumbup:

Every warning or infraction I've handed out has broken the ROC(most related to name calling and reposting of locked threads) and those that I wasn't sure of I verified with my "bosses".

As Bud said, aren't you the GM of fme? If not GM powers, still a member? You could have said something to your guildmates about stopping before it got out of control. Obviously didn't happen.

And by your own words: "In the end, I was banned from the house from telling EM Cyno whateverhisnameis that he was a terrible EM...among other things." That sounds like being part of the problem. If you simply stated he was a bad EM, then getting banned by EM was wrong. But I have a feeling that "among other things" said to the EM probably broke RoC here too:eyes:

FWIW, I don't hold the EM's blameless. But I hold the players AND their guildmates more responsible than the EMs. The EMs have nothing to do with people acting like children. I'd put money on nobody being able to show me a screen shot of the EMs saying "everyone is free to act like kids". I've already commented how the EMs could have done a better job. EMs should have just given one warning per guild and then booted the complete guild from the tourney.:stir:

If you think you can pull of a tourney where everyone acts like an adult, kudos. But given past history and this latest example, I just don't see it happening.

S

SUPRsalad

I was thinking about this whole pvp tourney abomination thing at work today..
I tried to do this on my own once and it became too much responsibilty..i.e. thunderdome..

The thing I was trying to do then, and still think it is the only way that it can work, is to get prominent members of the supporting guilds involved in the entire process.

If you ask me, Chad, Kyrite, and the more prominent pvp celebrities, should play a major role in regard to 1.Making rules. 2. judging/referee'ing, applying the rules. 3. offer their services to help the EM's come up with constructive solutions to the 'problems' you experienced the other night..

Someone nailed it earlier, 'the EM's don't know anythying about pvp'. Its probably true. In actuality, its a pretty dammed complex series of concepts. . Frankly, I don't really care too much about the entire 'arena' idea anymore. My dreams died in the thunderdome. I guess what I'm saying is,
if you're going to complain about this thing, you should try doing it yourself, or at least, try to get involved in the process? :confused:

Istoli/Anubis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive seen a few tourneys on other shards where EMs had complete control. maybe because they didnt use a house and had a little arena to drag players into.

EVERYBODY should of known how this was going to end up. seriously. and chad is 100% correct in telling the EM he was terrible.

not trying to be rude. but people should know better.

nice try though. im in shock somebody outside the PVP community tried to do something

...golf clap? golf clap.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What have you said that deserves an infraction or a ban? I see nothing but a well spoken disagreement in opinion. No resulting to personal attacks or name calling.:thumbup:

Every warning or infraction I've handed out has broken the ROC(most related to name calling and reposting of locked threads) and those that I wasn't sure of I verified with my "bosses".

As Bud said, aren't you the GM of fme? If not GM powers, still a member? You could have said something to your guildmates about stopping before it got out of control. Obviously didn't happen.

And by your own words: "In the end, I was banned from the house from telling EM Cyno whateverhisnameis that he was a terrible EM...among other things." That sounds like being part of the problem. If you simply stated he was a bad EM, then getting banned by EM was wrong. But I have a feeling that "among other things" said to the EM probably broke RoC here too:eyes:

FWIW, I don't hold the EM's blameless. But I hold the players AND their guildmates more responsible than the EMs. The EMs have nothing to do with people acting like children. I'd put money on nobody being able to show me a screen shot of the EMs saying "everyone is free to act like kids". I've already commented how the EMs could have done a better job. EMs should have just given one warning per guild and then booted the complete guild from the tourney.:stir:

If you think you can pull of a tourney where everyone acts like an adult, kudos. But given past history and this latest example, I just don't see it happening.
Well, perhaps I'm not sure what qualifies as breaking the RoC. I figured I was.

You see, yes I could say something to my guild mates. I did say something to my guild mates once the EMs made their final warning and they stopped.

Whether or not you want to blame my guild for it, I no longer care. I was banned from the house after they already canceled the event. I told EM Cyno that he was a poor EM and that he should relinquish his powers. I might have also said he was borderline mentally ********...maybe. However, I rather disliked him stating something along the lines of "The event is now canceled due to FME being unable to behave." When in fact, FME did nothing after the final warning.

Yes, I could pull off a tournament flawlessly. The problem is that I don't want to charge people and I also don't want to pay out of my own pocket. So without an incentive, not much of a possibility.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking about this whole pvp tourney abomination thing at work today..
I tried to do this on my own once and it became too much responsibilty..i.e. thunderdome..

The thing I was trying to do then, and still think it is the only way that it can work, is to get prominent members of the supporting guilds involved in the entire process.

Someone nailed it earlier, 'the EM's don't know anythying about pvp'. Its probably true. In actuality, its a pretty dammed complex series of concepts. . Frankly, I don't really care too much about the entire 'arena' idea anymore. My dreams died in the thunderdome. I guess what I'm saying is,
if you're going to complain about this thing, you should try doing it yourself, or at least, try to get involved in the process? :confused:

Agreed.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM's don't have enough power to restrain players for a pvp event like this..worst tourney ever.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i withered cus i was dying too so **** you pancake

Event got ruined because of you, YOU let your guildies kill rand after he got out of the fight, YOU let your guildies try to gank mixtape(failed).
in the end you could of told your guildies to stop, therefore your fault

haha

G

Gellor

I told EM Cyno that he was a poor EM and that he should relinquish his powers. I might have also said he was borderline mentally ********...maybe. However, I rather disliked him stating something along the lines of "The event is now canceled due to FME being unable to behave." When in fact, FME did nothing after the final warning.
I think maybe the mental ******** bit may have something to do with being banned at the tourney:mf_prop:

And I do think they are over the top on blaming any one guild given the way it was presented. I'd put blame on at least three guilds(FME, GOO, FL)... at least as far as non-EMs are related.

To me, the first big step the EMs can do to fix the tourney problems is select a location they have control over so nobody can recall/gate/mark. This would prevent unwelcome gate crashers. This also gives them the ability to "easily" boot people out of the area permanently.

The second big step for the EMs to fix the tourney problem is they need to be "iron fisted" on rule enforcement. Either do it by the individual or guild but give one warning and then boot guys out. Period. "Accident" or not. To me, making it by guild gives some after tourney repercussions to the guilty guy.

As an example, lets say I show up at a tourney and screw around. The EM says "Gellor, knock it off or I boot you AND all SUPR members". I continue to screw around and all SUPR gets booted from the tourney. Odds are I probably won't be in the guild too much longer. Odds are the same thing would happen within any other guild.

As for the invulnerable or no spell casting or what not, I'd just let people dig their own graves and boot their butt out of the tourney.

Yes, I could pull off a tournament flawlessly. The problem is that I don't want to charge people and I also don't want to pay out of my own pocket. So without an incentive, not much of a possibility.
And this quote is the biggest problem... partially: incentive.

But at the same time, it boils down to one thing: acting like an adult during these events.

Player or EM run, no amount of incentive is going to stop people from behaving childish.

According to the initial report: "EM Lillimu declared almost all of the Semi Finalists as Winners of the Event and said they will have their names displayed at the PvP Hall." So there was some incentive. And in the EMs shoes, I would have dropped ALL the trouble making guilds from that list... so it would be "semi finalists who were NOT a member of the following guilds get put on the PvP Hall".

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think maybe the mental ******** bit may have something to do with being banned at the tourney:mf_prop:

And I do think they are over the top on blaming any one guild given the way it was presented. I'd put blame on at least three guilds(FME, GOO, FL)... at least as far as non-EMs are related.

To me, the first big step the EMs can do to fix the tourney problems is select a location they have control over so nobody can recall/gate/mark. This would prevent unwelcome gate crashers. This also gives them the ability to "easily" boot people out of the area permanently.

The second big step for the EMs to fix the tourney problem is they need to be "iron fisted" on rule enforcement. Either do it by the individual or guild but give one warning and then boot guys out. Period. "Accident" or not. To me, making it by guild gives some after tourney repercussions to the guilty guy.

As an example, lets say I show up at a tourney and screw around. The EM says "Gellor, knock it off or I boot you AND all SUPR members". I continue to screw around and all SUPR gets booted from the tourney. Odds are I probably won't be in the guild too much longer. Odds are the same thing would happen within any other guild.

As for the invulnerable or no spell casting or what not, I'd just let people dig their own graves and boot their butt out of the tourney.

And this quote is the biggest problem... partially: incentive.

But at the same time, it boils down to one thing: acting like an adult during these events.

Player or EM run, no amount of incentive is going to stop people from behaving childish.

According to the initial report: "EM Lillimu declared almost all of the Semi Finalists as Winners of the Event and said they will have their names displayed at the PvP Hall." So there was some incentive. And in the EMs shoes, I would have dropped ALL the trouble making guilds from that list... so it would be "semi finalists who were NOT a member of the following guilds get put on the PvP Hall".
/aggreed

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your excuses are BS since I've already heard what your guild did from 3 different people at the event who were in different guilds. You shouldn't disrespect EMs who are trying to cater to your interests.
Also, you don't know how hard it is to put on a player run event, let alone a tournament. Unexpected things happen. So until you REALLY know what you're talking about, stop being so egotistical and arrogant.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your excuses are BS since I've already heard what your guild did from 3 different people at the event who were in different guilds. You shouldn't disrespect EMs who are trying to cater to your interests.
Also, you don't know how hard it is to put on a player run event, let alone a tournament. Unexpected things happen. So until you REALLY know what you're talking about, stop being so egotistical and arrogant.
lolol chad got owned

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps you don't know who I am. Silence yourself, unworthy peasant.