• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.8.0 Dec 17, re-read OP first]

S

SUPRsalad

Re: UOCartographer beta, now available! (new UOAM)

Why would I?
cus you won't have to put up with anything fuzzy, or anything that makes you dizzy...
If this is bothering, you should probably just find another hobby altogether..

S

SUPRsalad

I think you guys shouldn't worry so much about 'fuzziness' or all these trammelite feature requests..
Lets let our new hero sort out the real NOT non-issues, k? In other words:

if its not an actual problem
if its not an actual compliment

maybe wait till the dust settles?

C

Coffin

Awesome map program. Works perfectly for me and some friends. Thank you!

K

Kiwillian

My problem is not "fuzziness" when the map is tilted. It looks like this!

Ack, that didn't work - back to the drawing board!
I responded to you already. =/

O

OxAO

I would like to thank both you Kiwillian, Vyal and anyone else that illegally worked on improving UO experience for everyone.

You done a fantastic job.

Thank you very much
Ox

S

Splatter666

i didnt tried it much yet but it looks great
very nice is the atlas so you can take a good look around.

VERY GOOD JOB

whats missing for me
- Chat window
- "Panic" like in UOAM

but rest looks good so far

S

SUPRsalad

We got my entire guild on it last night, 12 in total.. Couple minor problems for my vista and 7 users, but were all easily resolved. . .
I still keep looking for serious isssues to bring to the table here, but I just can't seem to find any! DAMN YOU KIWI! *shakes fist*

Hosting the server myself, i admit, i was a TINY bit laggish, but in all honesty, we have NEVER had that efficient and successful of a night of pvp in our entire 1.5year history. I just LOVE it.. Makes the lag so worth it when:

I say 'my location' and i get a swarm of green..
We go to 'so and so location' and 'so and so' is ACUTALLY THERE! not just a body..
my dismounters can ACCURATELY get on a intercept course, and get their d-mount off.
I say 'dump this guy, and this guy, and this guy' and bodies start hitting the floor..

Thank you again kiwi.. I love you, will you marry me?

S

Seismic

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at #=q6dSvFMPKWUUhQVVQMP5E_RoI1cbh3C9fv1JOrzXOJFk=.#=qw7mqhAE5RsOQbWMvVNQuxA==()
at #=q6dSvFMPKWUUhQVVQMP5E_RoI1cbh3C9fv1JOrzXOJFk=.#=quGqC6uKdRFaFw4$1eZyJu48sDj_TSlSMT3EYpYfVvTE=()
at #=q6dSvFMPKWUUhQVVQMP5E_RoI1cbh3C9fv1JOrzXOJFk=..ctor()
at #=qWxdJjTsgbneH9TOcft_jKDiINhVu5Nq9GtrdZb$kHAs=.#=qU3LOq1ti_Q8$lE1m8M6XhQ==()

I am running XP w/ SP3 on a Mac Mini 2GHz, 4GB RAM, using Boot Camp.

S

Serine

I just Love it :party: . Awsome work in such short time :thumbup:

About any wishes i have none - I give you a year then maby :stir:

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I have been using UOC since Kiwi made the post. Some minor setup issues on my part most likely due to the fact I am running Win 7, but after reading this thread I got it running smooth as silk with both the Classic and Enhanced client and it works equally as well with both.

Great job and thank you!

:thumbup:

R

RichDC

Server all set up

Workng Smooth as a babies bum!!!

Awesome!!!

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Is it possible to show server lines on the map?

I saw something in the options-file <showserverlines>, but when I set it to true there is no difference and the server lines are not shown on the map.

J

Jasonleebeck

I've already posted my gratitude for this program, so I must again tell you Kiwillian that I HUGELY thank you for this. My install went perfect, I'm loving all the features, the look, abilities now, and those you have planned :party:

One question. I have an old uoam map file named after my character (Morpheus.MAP). Are you telling me it's as easy as putting that .map file in c:\prog..\uocart, or should it go into the 'my documents\uocart'?

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Did you set a port number in the server options? Make sure you only have one copy of the server running (check the notification area by the clock). See my earlier post for some more step-by-step instructions.
Got it. It was a simple firewall setting.

Works great now it seems.... sending invites to guild members.

Again I say, Nice Work and thanks!

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My UOC has taken off into the upper right hand corner of my screen. un reachable. I try the move option. The only way to get it visable is to maximize it, and its not max, but not adjustable. If I go back to window, it screws off again. Anyway besides re-install to get it back in the center?

K

Kiwillian

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.GC.Collect(Int32, System.GCCollectionMode)'.
at
I am running XP w/ SP3 on a Mac Mini 2GHz, 4GB RAM, using Boot Camp.
Update .NET 2.0 to SP2 or install 3.5 perhaps.

One question. I have an old uoam map file named after my character (Morpheus.MAP). Are you telling me it's as easy as putting that .map file in c:\prog..\uocart, or should it go into the 'my documents\uocart'?
Yes and either should work.

Some peoples personal .map files seem to cause it to crash though. Not sure why yet.

Dark Crow

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

K, i just got ultima (EC) so am completly new to this stuff.

UOC runs fine as a window when i start it, i copied the lua as told to the right directory, it doesnt seem to interact at all with the EC window and is always hidden behind it, I cant get it on top anyhow.

Any chance of Dummies instruction on the sequence of events to install and activate it. Also im using windows 7.

Thanks

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My UOC has taken off into the upper right hand corner of my screen. un reachable. I try the move option. The only way to get it visable is to maximize it, and its not max, but not adjustable. If I go back to window, it screws off again. Anyway besides re-install to get it back in the center?
Search my post above for cascade windows.

K

Kiwillian

K, i just got ultima (EC) so am completly new to this stuff.

UOC runs fine as a window when i start it, i copied the lua as told to the right directory, it doesnt seem to interact at all with the EC window and is always hidden behind it, I cant get it on top anyhow.

Any chance of Dummies instruction on the sequence of events to install and activate it. Also im using windows 7.

Thanks
Yeah, another person running Win 7 had trouble with making the window TopMost. Google turns up nothing so far though...

If you move around in the EC it should be tracking you though, hopefully.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Some peoples personal .map files seem to cause it to crash though. Not sure why yet.
Perhaps it has to do with having houses logged and UOC not having icons for custom house plots like UOAM does?

K

Kiwillian

Perhaps it has to do with having houses logged and UOC not having icons for custom house plots like UOAM does?
It shouldn't, in theory at least. If it doesn't know the category it'll just default it to something else. I thought it may be because people have thousands upon thousands of markers maybe?

K

Kiwillian

New version up. See OP for details (at the bottom). Pay close attention to the server note!!!!!!!

Same place as before, see OP for linky.

edit: download it and re-install, it won't screw up your settings :)

O

onthefifty

Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.3 Nov 25, re-read OP first]

awesome job.

thanks much for your dedication and contribution to us all.

it's greatly appreciated.

:bowdown:

krysta = :coco: can't please all the people.

L

Lord Drakelord

Do I need to un install in order to see new versions or will UOC update this for me?

K

Kiwillian

It will update. Just install over the top.

C

Calliope

Thankyou Kiwillian! No more black corners, wheee! :thumbup:

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

My personal doesn't make it crash anymore. :)

*edit*

its nice seeing the "edit marker" option, but its a bit buggy. If you use it more than a few times you eventually get an error box when you hit the ok button:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at #=qAfRpNqm21Hgp6W5w0zFVre0DBp1Xb7HpMDcOH$aW0F8=.#=qyg0mKKUPEAD0y3rMt22L7A==()
at #=qd_muOWkTGUoIJ$oj9QbRx3ThMIuOmaw7wzq3qo0FFyA=.#=qtE0H42JJxMdjOVOYJfp9Eg==(Object #=quHpoD9_YhRRQ_pNaBqpQ0g==, EventArgs #=q_ilvHK2hJwmHPy0lCrSdYQ==)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.RunDialog(Form form)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog()
at #=q1zhfAqqlh3wGrrasy6UK9HUgNXl44rPDXqmi6A40hZQ=.#=qL38x5t5mRbigr_QZNAhF2jg3vBhyMH3XYlH2p1x_l$s=(Object #=q9x733EAT9ZSVkz$tl3GU9w==, EventArgs #=qiULXIda_WyqNnsBJZhnsYA==)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #=q$1yp7gTIW5OjWPHVWRQUsmg26VDtTOfzDsvqPndlw6g=.#=qW$j$UaRDNycBjAQX8EccWw==()

K

Kiwillian

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Mike of Ameraust

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Downloaded it 3 times and get a "failed to initalize error" in 2d with XP , gave up on the EC version with win 7, guess its not my lucky time.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It will only give me the error box now when I hit okay on the edit marker window.

Also, where is the USER.MAP file mentioned in the readme stored? It doesn't seem to actually be in the UO Cartographer directory for me.

K

Kiwillian

Look in My Documents\UOCartographer, it should be in there.

K

Kiwillian

Downloaded it 3 times and get a "failed to initalize error" in 2d with XP , gave up on the EC version with win 7, guess its not my lucky time.
Try installing .NET (at least 2.0 SP1, higher is fine) on XP. For the EC thing, check the EC sub forum for some mods and skins that support it out of the box.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

yeah, its there. thanks :)

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow! Nice application! But I can't use it, because I don't have assist :(

Maybe you have any plans to make this app stand-alone like automap?

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow! Nice application! But I can't you it, because I don't have assist :(

Use the free 15/30 day (can't rem length) trial of UOA & then it will work all the time for you :thumbup:
It just has to see UOA being open if I read a prev post correctly

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Has anyone had any success starting UOCServer as a Windows service on one of the server OSes? I've tried to get it to work on Server 2003, and have successfully registered it as a service as well as been able to start it as a service, but when operated as a service, it doesn't actually seem to use the settings that are in the directory with it (regardless of setting the AppDirectory parameter in the registry). This was attempted using the srvany.exe manual installation. If there's another method, or perhaps something I'm overlooking, I'd appreciate any tips.

Thanks!!!

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Wow! Nice application! But I can't you it, because I don't have assist :(

Unfortunately, in order to do so, he'd have to read information directly from the client, thus making the program illegal to use. The reason that it's okay to use with UO as it is without fear of banning is because it links into the UOA API or uses information from the custom UI of the EC. Making it operate free-standing like UOAM would require approval from EA via their third party program approval program, which they are no longer offering.

S

Shalimar/Cleo

Wow! Nice application! But I can't use it, because I don't have assist :(

All you need to do is go to www.tugsoft.com and get the free trial. When the trial expires you don't need to buy assist to get the map to work. All you need to continue to do is login to the game with the assist icon, the map will still work for you.

M

mugmug

How do i get to show me on the map?

K

Kiwillian

Uploaded 0.9.6.4 with a fix for crashing when adding/deleting markers. No other changes :)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Kiwillian, you have my permission to include the data I posted on the Treasure Hunting & Fishing forum (it's a sticky post there) as a treasure.map file in all future releases of UOCartographer.

The only reason it was done as a sticky post was that UOAM somehow lost the ability to load the treasure.map file, and rather than fixing the installer, Belxan just stopped including it in the install. After that occurred, I rebuilt the file, using the most up-to-date rechecking of all the map locations (A stratics Treasure Hunters Forum project of about 5 years ago - we found about 20% of the THB & Goodman coordinates were off by 1-2 steps - sometimes in opposite directions), and converting the numbering system to use the THB AND Goodman numbers (as opposed to the original UOAM file being THB and a third system that was, AFAIK, unique to UOAM and a couple of very old rune libraries).

K

Kiwillian

Kiwillian, you have my permission to include the data I posted on the Treasure Hunting & Fishing forum (it's a sticky post there) as a treasure.map file in all future releases of UOCartographer.

The only reason it was done as a sticky post was that UOAM somehow lost the ability to load the treasure.map file, and rather than fixing the installer, Belxan just stopped including it in the install. After that occurred, I rebuilt the file, using the most up-to-date rechecking of all the map locations (A stratics Treasure Hunters Forum project of about 5 years ago - we found about 20% of the THB & Goodman coordinates were off by 1-2 steps - sometimes in opposite directions), and converting the numbering system to use the THB AND Goodman numbers (as opposed to the original UOAM file being THB and a third system that was, AFAIK, unique to UOAM and a couple of very old rune libraries).
Thanks! Is it accurate with UOC?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

It appears to be - The coordinates appeared to be in the right positions (with the tags showing if you mouse over the marker), when I transferred the file from UOAM to UOC on my machine, but I've not actually dug any maps yet (so many turkeys, so little time...). In fact, I like how the tags work, as in UOAM, there was always a bad tendency for tags to overlap when maps were close (or the zoom setting made them appear close).

The old system markers might not be (the second set of data I put, several posts down, because of a request), but those should be optional for someone to add in themselves, as 99% of people use either THB or Goodman's.

K

Kiwillian

Which ones should I get? I looked in the forum and there where several sticky threads :(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Re: UOCartographer beta (new UOAM) [0.9.6.4 Nov 27, re-read OP first]

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=41261

The initial post in the thread, which I edited a few hours ago to explain to those adding it manually to UOAM/UOC what to do if Notepad tries to save it as a .TXT file.

I

IMTHEWHITERABBIT

Bump

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

When I connect to a server using uoc I insta crash every time???? Any help? I am running windows 7.

dunkirk

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Has anyone started a uoc server yet
i tried to on a spare pc running xp
all i get is it saying starting server....
no help in readme file yet

thanks for any help in advance

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Upon initial testing the crash does indeed seem to be fixed. Will keep at it just in case, but is looking good. :)

Just noticed something... the program reads the data for the hedge maze as almost flat green.. no way to distingish the walls. Is there any way to make the program get the wall lines to show up darker naturally? Or maybe some way to add in an overlay map or such with lines for the maze walls?