• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seriously DEV's WTF???

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok..... I need to know..... What in the Heck!!!!

I log in today and ??????? there is a patch.....

Ok..... fine........

So I get in game and I'll be a SOB..... but all my macro's and my desktop are wiped but like the crap I have on the SA client...... which I NEVER Use.... why because it sucks!

So I'm thinking what the heck??? did I log into SA by mistake?????

So I log out...... log back in.... no all my desktop settings wiped out..... all my macro's wiped out......

And I just want to know what the crap????? I mean seriously I have 50 characters at least..... do you think about **** before you do it?! cripes..... what I got 2 dang weeks to spend redoing all my freaking macro's and desktops????? what the crap..... This makes me pissed as hell.... I don't want to spend the next two dang weeks redoing all my crap....

WHERE ARE MY DESKTOPS AND MACROS?! WHAT DID YOU DO TO THEM? FIX IT!

W

wee papa smurf

Did you look in you uo folder, see if you can copy n paste or whatever it is you do to get macros back?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch. Mine are all fine. Next time find the macro folder, copy it and put the copy somewhere else. Then when something happens you can just replace them.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok take a deep breath. Are the macros missing from the classic or enhanced client?

Also, just asking out of curiousity, I thought it was common knowledge to keep a backup copy of UO and UOA macros in a seperate location?

C

Connor_Graham

My desktop was all screwed up, but all my macros are in place after patching. Now I get to go through all of my characters and pull out all of the spell/ability icons again and put them back where I had them before.

woo

hoo...

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just commented in the thread on the patch - if you log out in 2d with the radar map open, your desktop goes away... all spell icons, open bags, status bars...

Not had any problem with standard client macros, can't comment on UOA since I don't use it.

EA quality testing strikes again....

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks as if after you patch the 2d client, it is ignoring the macros and desktop configuration files you already have set up for individual characters. It is pulling the macro file and desktop configuration file from a default location. That means that you might be able to function okay if the files it pulls from the default location are suitable for that character. However, if you've customized things for individual characters, you have two choices:

(1) Move things around on your desktop, add icons, etc. When you log out, the changes you just made should be saved.

(2) Log out and copy the macro file and desktop configuration file from where you saved them in a backup location BEFORE you log in the character after today's patch.

You STILL HAVE TIME to salvage your macros and desktop configuration files. Make a backup NOW before you log in any more of them, especially if you've already patched.

You will still have to log in characters and then copy over the files from your backup location (if you go that route instead of redoing every single macro and every single desktop tweak), but it should help somewhat.

And if you have to run the mouse in a separate thread, brace yourself for the possibility of having to fix that problem again and again and again and again.........

Edited to add: Never mind the above advice. Seems as if it isn't working. Sorry. But I would at least make a backup copy of all your settings before you log in any characters in the hope that some of it may be salvageable at some point.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just commented in the thread on the patch - if you log out in 2d with the radar map open, your desktop goes away... all spell icons, open bags, status bars...

Not had any problem with standard client macros, can't comment on UOA since I don't use it.

EA quality testing strikes again....
Well that will tick me off...... I always have my map open.... good god... Every single one of my characters will have their map up.... so I'm guessing all 50+ will be borked.

and Yes this is the "classic" client.... I don't play that SA ..... its WAY too much of a strain on my eyes.

This really is seriously annoying...

S

Smokin

Dont put radar up or any icons you have put up will be lost, This is freaking ticking me off, just lost my one mages icons. My regular mage doesn't have many icons but this one was my spellweaving necro mage. I had tons of icons, wow they really know how to screw people over.

So log in change the screen size and close the radar and they icons and what not should stay.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not quite Tina - log out with the map open, and character desktop settings are wiped. Log out with it closed, and they are kept... been trying it with various characters and accounts, and it's entirely consistent, not having the map open seems to be the key. If you log out with the map open, it saves a 'clean' desktop for the character.

S

Smokin

Why did you move this to speils and rants, not many people look there, I think you should put this back in uhaul maybe edit it so some of the nasty stuff is gone and retitle it. People are going to want to know what to do.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I logged onto my character Fallon Valor post-patch. His screen was downsized and some of his desktop macros were missing. No big deal, I though, as I put the appropriate desktop macros back into place.

My icons replaced, I logged off expecting their locations to be saved.

Logged back on with him 15 minutes later. All gone. Even more missing icons than the first time.

Booo.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why did you move this to speils and rants, not many people look there, I think you should put this back in uhaul maybe edit it so some of the nasty stuff is gone and retitle it. People are going to want to know what to do.
Probably because it's more of a rant than an informative thread. The title, the first post, that is a rant.

Now if the first post wasn't there or the title was different, that would be another story, :p

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Probably because it's more of a rant than an informative thread. The title, the first post, that is a rant.

Now if the first post wasn't there or the title was different, that would be another story, :p
Well wouldn't you rant too if all your 50 + characters suddenly had NO desktop settings?

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this on UO Tech and it got more responses here than my post there.

I had the same thing and what a royal pain.

S

Sevin0oo0

Rant or not, it's still informative. I bet nothing was listeed in the Patch Notes screen either.
How do you push out a patch that may cause users problems, and Not let them know??