• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Welcome:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to the new UO Tech forum, your current moderator is Shamus Turlough, further moderator/s may be added at a later date.

Topics to discuss are:
UI problems, ideas and solutions for both uo clients
Hardware configuration questions, solutions and suggestions
Trouble shooting problems.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moderating team now complete, say hello to Rykus and Shamus :)

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can I moderate too? I promise not to go mad with power.

Unless I really want to. Or if somebody's wearing purple socks on a Tuesday.

R

Rykus

Wulf, if any tough issues come up that could benefit from a thorough stabbing, you will be the first on my list to contact, without a doubt!

D

Duke SP

I have a problem with the game everytime i log in it seems everyone wants to kill me then once i die my keyboard flys across the room and all the keys come out the board.Can anyone help?:D

Hi, Rykus :thumbup1:

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a problem with the game everytime i log in it seems everyone wants to kill me then once i die my keyboard flys across the room and all the keys come out the board.Can anyone help?:D

Superglue your keyboard to the desk, and go ask your doctor if Tramadol is right for you...

R

Rykus

Hi Duke,

I too have had this same problem. After breaking three keyboards (true story), I realized that the problem was quite simply a lack of sedation while playing UO. Try drinking some chamomile tea, or eating a large quantity of meat containing tryptophan, shortly before playing. Alternately, you can get some kind of ruggedized, industrial keyboard that's rated for more than 300 G's of impact. Membrane keyboards will also work, but typically do not have the response time needed for aggressive PvP.

HTH

:)

B

Beer_Cayse

That happens in IT ya know .100010010111001001001001101001100 - or somesuch. <shrug> 30+ years Applications and DBA - inventory, A/P, G/L, work management, some payroll. DBA in multi-value (Universe), Oracle, SQL Server.

Languages (some rarely used) BASIC (Dartmouth and Atari :p); Assembler - IBM/360 and Atari 6502; some Pascal; some C and C++; VB and some ASP .Net; good ole COBOL; Fortran 4 and Fortran 77; RPG II, III and 400.

Security Admin (with 7 others) and 2nd tier Help Desk now for a nuclear power plant fleet of 9 sites/11 reactors (~8000 users) - 18 corporatewide applications for all sorts of things. Not to mention the site-specific stuff we need a working knowledge of. I earn my pay some days ...

D

Daga

Hail Rykus & Shamus !!

(simply using alphabetical order, don't ya' know ;))

Thanks much for assisting our family of familiars with: UO Tech suport, on this new forum.

I predict you will be helping several (~many) people in the next few months :)
And I would like to thank all of you current & future mods for that in advance. So:

Thanks much,
Daga

R

Rykus

Hi Daga, thanks for the kind words. :)

If you were addressing us using the old convention of age before beauty, I think you got it right on that one too. I believe the term old-fart fits me better than it does Shamus. I also get the feeling our very diverse backgrounds will be a good compliment to one another, and will ultimately help the other Sosarians running around here even more.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome everybody! Glad to see this forum. Hoping that some items can be moved here also for people's reference.

PS - Tramadol is a pain medication, he should ask if Paxil is right for him.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome everybody! Glad to see this forum. Hoping that some items can be moved here also for people's reference.

PS - Tramadol is a pain medication, he should ask if Paxil is right for him.
After my third knee surgery, Tramadol was my wonder drug! Interesting side effect was I just didnt give a care about anything... LOL