[UO Herald] Massively Evil Event

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 28, 2008
Great Lakes
Thanks for the effort but I'm talking about this

They'll get an extra room inaccessible to anyone but SL (can't bring sigils into it), and quite possibly some very nice amenities depending on how their shard completes the event arc.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Thanks for the effort but I'm talking about this

They'll get an extra room inaccessible to anyone but SL (can't bring sigils into it), and quite possibly some very nice amenities depending on how their shard completes the event arc.
Bere, did you also see Draconi's other statement in the "Crimson Dragon" thread?

I don't think I'm revealing anything too secret by saying that the Shadowlords are using the Crimsons, and the Crimsons are *definitely* using the Shadowlords.

The Shadowlords are your true threat for now, and while their presence will eventually come to an end, the dragons' return is a permanent part of UO.
Sounds like the very nice SL amenities, if earned, could be temporary....

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 28, 2008
Great Lakes
Guess we'll see. All I can see happening is getting dropped by a crimson drag in 1 hit while the carebears hide in the "secret room". Fun......

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Guess we'll see. All I can see happening is getting dropped by a crimson drag in 1 hit while the carebears hide in the "secret room". Fun......
The Crimson Dragons I have seen can be killed. Not an easy task, but it can be done.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
If these are working together, if we get dropped by a crimson we go into stats i assume?
During the Trammel town invasions, Berethrain, you did not go into skill loss if your faction character (I used Minax and TB characters) was killed by a crimson dragon. It's unknown at this point, I guess, whether the same will be true if they start appearing in Fel.

T

tassloff

I am not in SL neither I am in Faction neither I am a PvPer ..... So I don't know that much ..

But from what I understood, it looks very nice ! Finally a Felluca Event ! You guys are always asking for the event to be in Felucca, so here you are ! You got your Felucca event. And about it being a Shadowlord Faction Event doesn'nt mean it is only for Shadowlords. It's a feluca event so it means everyone who want to PvP some, can probably show up and try something ;)

Or maybe if it is only for faction (if it is in the faction base), there is a great way for other faction to particpate, just raid the shadowlords base during the event ! If others factions join force together in order to stop the shadowlords, it could become a great PvP event no ? And maybe, if the others factions stop the Shadowlords, maybe history will change or maybe your will get something .... ;O)

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
What?! Leave Minax?
This was my reaction as well ... until I remembered that I have a whole second account that only has a crafter in factions! (rushes to faction stone) WOOT!

Zooithion

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 1, 2003
Lake Superior, Iowa
Very cool, I agree.

I am not in SL neither I am in Faction neither I am a PvPer ..... So I don't know that much ..

But from what I understood, it looks very nice ! Finally a Felluca Event ! You guys are always asking for the event to be in Felucca, so here you are ! You got your Felucca event. And about it being a Shadowlord Faction Event doesn'nt mean it is only for Shadowlords. It's a feluca event so it means everyone who want to PvP some, can probably show up and try something ;)

Or maybe if it is only for faction (if it is in the faction base), there is a great way for other faction to particpate, just raid the shadowlords base during the event ! If others factions join force together in order to stop the shadowlords, it could become a great PvP event no ? And maybe, if the others factions stop the Shadowlords, maybe history will change or maybe your will get something .... ;O)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
LOL the self proclaimed advocates of roleplaying from trammel are complaining about real roleplaying events!

S

Sleath

Omnius Re: [UO Herald] Massively Evil Event

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL the self proclaimed advocates of roleplaying from trammel are complaining about real roleplaying events!

IMO those of us who are self proclaimed advocates of role-playing from Tram. (or Fel.) really couldn’t give a rip if you get a room to go in with your other "Evil" SL’s and talk about your fluorescent pink sandals...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
May 12, 2008
Come on Folks... How fun can this be? Choose a side. Be prepared and see what happens.

L

Lost-Soul

What a joke. Make me quit my faction, lose my hard earned points, and quit my guild? Talk about creating an event for people already not involved with factions on the trammel side and excluding the people who play in fel.

Please make this event take place in Fel, so that those of us who do not want to be forced into Shadow Lords can still join in the fun.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
What a joke. Make me quit my faction, lose my hard earned points, and quit my guild? Talk about creating an event for people already not involved with factions on the trammel side and excluding the people who play in fel.

Please make this event take place in Fel, so that those of us who do not want to be forced into Shadow Lords can still join in the fun.
You are not aware of the fact that there will be another event like this coming one for everyone else are you?
You are not forced to do anything at all. Don't want to quit your faction or don't want to join one, just wait for everyone elses turn for the event.

A

AesSedai

- Well said, Viquire (4 posts ^^) :)

No Shadowlords for my characters; that's not how I 'roll' in UO ;)
But I do hope everyone else that wants to partake has a grande time.

& just to be clear, the quote for this event is actually:
"don’t worry, we will have another event for everyone in the near future".
(I italicized what I felt to be a key point.)

S

Seasseragh

Events aim to, logically, follow a certain story arc. This arc has had heavy content with the Shadowlords and...
Yes, but not necessarily the cheap rip-off that the faction is.
Virtues! What DO they teach in school these days?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
:beer: thats what im talkin about!! lmao
It would be neat if there were a way to raid the event.

I still likely couldn't participate, because from experience I know that all 4 Factions will abandon each other to attack me first. But I'd definitely give it some very serious thought, at least.

-Galen's player

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 5, 2008
I know people are gonna say im wrong and that they just go to the events because its fun, but i feel the real reason they are mad is cause they think their might be a chance of getting a event item and they dont wanna go threw all the trouble of leaving one faction to join another and try to get a item... if their are event items. People go crazy if their is even a hint of a event item. As soon as people knew broken red crystals would drop at the last event people took chars on shards they didn't even play just to run in and grab the items and try to sell them for 25m... I could be wrong but when you see people with just cloth clothing on grabing them you have to think the dont play this shard much.

S

Splup

Habla habla yhyy I don't want to be in SL so this event sux0r @$$ EA is €v1l company!! Hubla dabla!

[FONT=times new roman,times,serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]T If you do not want to change factions or if you miss out on the time frame don’t worry, we will have another event for everyone else in the near future. Additional details regarding this event will be coming soon.[/FONT][/FONT]
On Europa I'm in True Britannias. I still don't whine cause like it says there, we'r gonna have our own event.

And there has been and will be events that ppl who are not in factions can participate. Just wait for your turn :)

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
And there has been and will be events that ppl who are not in factions can participate. Just wait for your turn :)
Let me ask you something....The other events that non-Factioners could participate in.....Were Factioners excluded from those events?

Feel free to call me a Trammie noob for asking this, but if you want to know the reality of my position see my other posts in this thread.

-Galen's player

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Looking forward to this one, even though I'm never joining as a SL and truly suck at PvP. I'll still have a go and fight for the virtues :)

If you aren't aligned with SL, then help those of us who plan to thwart their evil plans instead of complaining. Even if you don't want to leave Tram, how about drumming up support for our cause, or supplying us with potions etc etc. Plenty of opportunities for the good guys to get on with.

Even if you're not so good at fighting, healing is always appreciated, and hopefully there might be some good warm up fights while folks aim to prevent new players joining SL.

Wenchy

R

RichDC

Cant be bothered to find the post by draconi...anyways...this even is SOLELY in fel!

Couldnt have a faction event in the faction stronghold in trammel now could we!?!

R

RichDC

Let me ask you something....The other events that non-Factioners could participate in.....Were Factioners excluded from those events?

Feel free to call me a Trammie noob for asking this, but if you want to know the reality of my position see my other posts in this thread.

-Galen's player
Factioners could...well for the most...participate, reds couldnt. Now we have an event where the reds will run amock causing all kinds of havoc!!!

Thoroughly looking forward to this one (may also get some faction points on my thief :p res kill for the win lol)

R

Rage_of_Napa

Fel event...

I guess we will have a solution for those shard hoppers that show up at the event to just collect the items.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Factioners could...well for the most...participate, reds couldnt. Now we have an event where the reds will run amock causing all kinds of havoc!!!

Thoroughly looking forward to this one (may also get some faction points on my thief :p res kill for the win lol)
If there's some means whereby the other Factions, and non-Faction PK Hunters, could "participate" by, for example, attacking the SLs outside of an instanced dungeon, or harassing them along the way as they fulfill their quest, even if we couldn't get any special items or anything like that?

As far as I'm concerned, that's full participation for the non-SLs, and I do believe I'd be 100% ok with that, even if it were in Felucca. Whether or not I'd show up myself is another matter....The point is that some people would.

And, Hell, it's not like I'm not OK with an SL-only event.....I can see the positives, I just think there are more negatives. And I think from the announcement that non-SLs won't even be able to participate in terms of hindering the SLs. (If you're reading, please consider this, Draconi. Many I think would participate in this way even if there were no special rewards for doing so.)

-Galen's player

R

RichDC

If there's some means whereby the other Factions, and non-Faction PK Hunters, could "participate" by, for example, attacking the SLs outside of an instanced dungeon, or harassing them along the way as they fulfill their quest, even if we couldn't get any special items or anything like that?

As far as I'm concerned, that's full participation for the non-SLs, and I do believe I'd be 100% ok with that, even if it were in Felucca. Whether or not I'd show up myself is another matter....The point is that some people would.

And, Hell, it's not like I'm not OK with an SL-only event.....I can see the positives, I just think there are more negatives. And I think from the announcement that non-SLs won't even be able to participate in terms of hindering the SLs. (If you're reading, please consider this, Draconi. Many I think would participate in this way even if there were no special rewards for doing so.)

-Galen's player
WOWOWo

Where the hell did you get that you cant participate in the exact way you mentioned...Draconi posted that of course you can the event is in fel!!!

This post was in response to someone asking whether killing players trying to sign up...or get to the event was considered griefing:

Yesterday, 02:31 PM #25
Draconi_EA
UO Lead Designer

Posts: 343 Re: Should we have to join a specific faction to partake in an event?

Oh, no, since this will be occurring in Felucca, interference from other factions wouldn't be considered griefing.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
WOWOWo

Where the hell did you get that you cant participate in the exact way you mentioned...Draconi posted that of course you can the event is in fel!!!
Because, until you replied with all those quotes, I hadn't seen anything to the contrary.

;)

I only occasionally look at posts with polls in them these days.

This post was in response to someone asking whether killing players trying to sign up...or get to the event was considered griefing
Ah, got it.....Well that's definitely not griefing in my book, at least not more than PKs who follow someone from healer to healer killing them as they try to rez is griefing. And that happens ALL the time.

I guess I'll have to read the poll thread now, eh?

Thank you! I really hate it when my posts are based on incorrect information. *goes off to check the other thread*

-Galen's player

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
Oklahoma (yes it is a state)
I guess if you really don't want to take your chars out of a non-SL faction or leave your guild to join SL, you could always make a char on another shard. Should have plenty of time to find some jewelry and lrc suit (bad resists) and make enough money to buy a runebook and a full spellbook.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Outer Hebrides
So, I either have to make my guild a faction guild, thus dropping all my new ones right in it or I have to remove a char from my guild?

Sometimes, EA, you REALLY don't think these things through, do you. What a PITA this is going to be.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
So, I either have to make my guild a faction guild, thus dropping all my new ones right in it or I have to remove a char from my guild?

Sometimes, EA, you REALLY don't think these things through, do you. What a PITA this is going to be.
Why?

Just don't do the event.

Consider it just like being out-of-town for that weekend. Happens all the time; not everyone can attend every event.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of other events; the Warriors of Destiny event cycle is not over. For all you know the event could suck and then you've missed nothing!

-Galen's player

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 28, 2008
Great Lakes
:sad2:

:sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2::sad2:

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 2, 2008
Scotland

Oh come on. One Shadowlord event since factions were introduced in late 2000? I hope there are no items given out during it or the greeting weans will be out in force afterwards.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
Outer Hebrides
I run a guild specifically for new players. How on earth am I supposed to get them interested in storylines and background to the game when they're like to spend the majority of the event viewing the world in monochrome? How is going out and getting killed fun? How does that help to keep what UO needs - new players who'll stay, not just play out a trial account and bugger off to WOW?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 26, 2008
Perhaps they can play the part of innocent civilians caught in the crossfire, trying to survive?

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 17, 2008
I'm gonna laugh at all the people who join SL just for this event, then complain when they are in SL and miss out on the event for Min/Com/TB.

S

Splup

-Galen's player
Trammel events reds could not participate.

Before someone says "There's 5-7 character slots, they can use their blues!", yes 5-7 slots, put one in faction if you don't want to feel left out :)

I really don't see a problem there being an event for some target group, as long as there is no some ubersuper items as reward. Targeting events for spesific kinda players allows event managers to make events that those players enjoy. Not all players enjoy same kind of events. Ofc everyone should be treated equally, and I'm sure there will soon be event to which players who don't want to join factions can participate.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
THE GREAT STATE OF WISCONSIN
I'm really shocked that people are crying about this. Finally an event that PvP can participate in. I anticipate there will be some epic battles at the crypts this weekend.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
Before someone says "There's 5-7 character slots, they can use their blues!", yes 5-7 slots, put one in faction if you don't want to feel left out :)
And that's just what I'm going to do :D
I can spare one little character slot out of 6 to bring him to the event. Easy to do and anyone can do it.
I'll just use a character I don't play often and put everything I don't want to loose in a bank slot or just leave them insured.
No harm done!

L

Lord Drakelord

If you have a Glass Dagger then you have joined a side, Evil.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
I got one of those, my Blacksmith got it for me since he was Dread, still not going to join faction. There would be far less glass daggers if the guy that was giving them out that day in the rift said you must be in faction to get it, you would have seen a lot more folks refuse to sign that dotted line.